We can't complain about the rooms and general upkeep of Marriott. Love the snorkeling pool, which is e main reason why we chose it. We stayed three nights, the last apart from the other two, and were actually looking forward to coming back. As we checked out from the first two nights stay, we left some food with the concierge who gave us a tag, indicating items in the fridge and freezer. However, when we checked out on the morning of the second stay at 7am, to catch a 9am flight, it was only after we had left that I realized they had returned me only the freezer items! In my haste, I had forgotten too. When I called the hotel, and indicated that a friend will collect for us, the concierge promised to deliver it to my friends staying a 5-min drive away,,but when my friends called, they made them walk over! If that was not bad enough, they told my friends they had thrown away an item as it had expired, even though I am very sure it would not have expired, since I had checked the specific item when I bought it as I had planned to bring it home! And knowing that I am making attempts to retrieve it after speaking directly with them, concierge should NOT have thrown it away. Returning an expired item is as much a responsibility as handing it to me when I checked out, which they neglected to do!
This reminds me of another incident at Marriott KL, where the concierge returned one pack of two packs of food I left in their keeping. Makes me wonder if it is a trend in Marriott hotels that the concierge retains and consumes your items, some quietly, others on pretext they are expired?!?!?!?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come play with us! Our gorgeously reimagined Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa offers the Gold Coast's ultimate beach holiday and one of the top Surfers Paradise hotels. Immaculate beaches, charming hinterland valleys, and the bustle of high-fashion boutiques greet visitors nearby. Reconnect with nature at our Gold Coast, Australia resort, where verdant tropical gardens, a stunning waterfall, and the area's only private saltwater lagoon (ideal for snorkeling with tropical fish) await. Enjoy lush amenities in elegantly appointed guest rooms, then head out for an indulgent bite of the freshest Japanese cuisine at the award-winning restaurant, Benihana. Or, see what foodies have long been raving about at our famous seafood buffet restaurant, Citrique. Other creature comforts at our hotel include the Lattouf Hair & Day Spa, with a selection of spa treatments and hair services, and also an onsite, 24-hour fitness center. Book your beach holiday today, and let the daydreaming commence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Marriott, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook and Agoda so you can book your Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Surfers Paradise Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa Gold Coast