“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Soul Surfers Paradise

You added Soul Surfers Paradise to your Saves list
Soul Surfers Paradise
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 The Esplanade, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia (Formerly Sea Temple Surfers Paradise)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save
Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Adelaide, Australia
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We spent a lovely 4 nights at the sea temple. Great central location and lovely facilities. We had a three bedroom apartment with a fabulous view. We enjoyed the spa and pool area and that also had a great view. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Spent a relaxing week at Surfers with the family. The Sea Temple was excellent. Location right in the heart of Cavill Avenue with a private pool and amenities which could be on any island resort. The rooms are modern and well equipped. Staff and service was commendable and common areas clean and well maintained.
Seaduction restaurant is a must.
Great morning coffee at ESPL downstairs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ash T, General Manager at Soul Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear pandorasbox0,
Thank you very much for your review and kind words. We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your winter break and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
I will be sure to share your comments with our friends at ESPL.
Kind regards,
Ash
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Sea temple was a lovely hotel with a great atmosphere. Check in was quick and staff were very helpful with any enquiries we had. We stayed in a one bedroom beach view apartment and it was superb we were on a high level and had a magnificent view of the coast and hinterland. The furnishing of the room was modern and fresh creating a 'seaside' vibe.
The restaurant was amazing and had some of the best food I have ever eaten.
Would most definitely stay again, we had the week of our lives at sea temple.

Stayed May 2013
Dear Zoemae,
Thank you for sharing your recent Sea Temple Surfers Paradise experience. We are so pleased your stay was memorable and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards,
Ash
North East Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

A long overdue review, but I feel so strongly about our experience that I think that it still needs to be said..... As a result of our son having to work over Christmas we decided to come up and spend the holiday with him. I wanted somewhere really special given that we had never spent Christmas in a hotel before, and booked a 3br apartment at Soul for our family of four. As you would expect this was a substantial investment. Before our arrival I received a confirmation email with the offer of some complimentary drinks, but, apart from checking in and checking out, this was the only contact we had with staff from the hotel (apart from the restaurant). Unlike other 5 star hotels we have stayed in since there was no enquiry from any staff member as to how our 6-night stay was - absolutely nothing. (Where I am currently staying whilst writing this we received a phone call the evening of our arrival asking if we had any queries - after having been shown around our room earlier in the afternoon!). I am a self-confessed Christmas nut and was keen to ensure that the place felt "Christmassey". When booking I enquired about this specifically and was assured that the hotel would be decorated. I was looking forward to appropriately tasteful decorations. NOTHING - not a damned thing, it could have been the middle of February. I felt very misled. I have stayed in two hotels on the Gold Coast since this stay - neither with the quality of facilities that Soul has, but this was more than compensated for by the service of their staff and their efforts in ensuring that we have a great stay with them. It may sound stupid, but it would have been nice for someone to have acknowledged us and cared a whit as to whether they could do anything to improve our stay at this special time of the year. I have heard from them since, however. Nuisance emails asking if we want to buy an apartment. REALLY? As an earlier reviewer said, sadly I found this place to be generally "Soul-less". Hopefully, as recent reviews suggest, this may have been addressed. I DO have to say that our Christmas lunch in the restaurant was absolutely amazing - we managed to feel very special for 3 hours, at least. No sarcasm, I was concerned primarily about this. Christmas lunch is generally a major undertaking for me with lots of family, and I love it. But to be waited upon and served magnificent food was a wonderful experience and IT did feel very "Christmassey".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This review is very overdue. My boyfriend took me here for my 21st birthday on february 2012. We took so long to decide on a hotel, we saw the pictures of the sea temple and immediately decided for it. I was also expecting the pictures to be better than the real thing ( pictures always seems to look better) but when I got there I was amazed at what I saw. Before we even walked in my boyfriend and I were pleased with the location, right in front of the beach. A man from the hotel came to park our car for us, we headed to our 1 bedroom apartment beach views and fell in love. Completely beautiful, the view, the apartment, the location - Everything. The pool area was to die for, we went for a swim every day at night and also used the spa. The 1 bedroom apartment we got, came with another bedroom with two small single beds, and two bathrooms. Both bedrooms had amazing beach views. Waking up with the waves from the beach was something. We didn't get to see the restaurant as it was been made, so right now it's better than how it was. Sleeping was always easy, as partygoers don't tend to come stay at the hotel, we were afraid of that but i never came across any out of control partygoers or noisy people.

We are definitely heading back here. It's not cheap, but you pay for the best.

Room Tip: Choose the ocean view and make a request that you'd prefer one a high level - we did ad we got t...