“Thank you Harbour Day Spa” 5 of 5 stars

+61 7 5531 5121
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Unfortunately we have closed our Gold Coast Spa are no longer operating at Surfers Paradise. If you would like to make a booking with us please do not hesitate to visit us at our award winning Spa in Raby Bay, Cleveland which is still open for business. We are so sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused you.
Coolangatta, Australia
“Thank you Harbour Day Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Lovely spa, great ambiance and their own Signature Scent which smells amazing. This place has a warm inviting tranquil area as well as great spa facilities. They really know how to pamper! I left feeling perfectly relaxed but also saw fantastic results from my facial treatment - exactly how we all need to feel after a trip to the day spa! Staff are all friendly and kind, professional, caring and knowledgeable. A+ on all accounts. Definitely the Spa to visit on the Gold Coast. Thanks so much Harbour Day Spa, I cant wait for my next Facial Treatment with you.

Visited September 2013
Leanne M, Owner at Harbour Day Spa, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hi Amy, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback.We look forward to your next visit with us.

Main Arm Australia
“Exactly what I needed, thank you so much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Booking my appointment was easy and the young lady (im so sorry I forgot her name) who took my call was very accomodating as I rang twice to re-schedule things. She really listened to my needs on the phone and allocated the most perfect therapist.
I arrived exhausted after a long business trip and was instantly made to feel welcome and comfortable by reception staff.
The roman bath area is beautiful (although I did not make use of it on this occasion) and cant wait to arrive early next time to really enjoy the experience.
Change rooms/Bathrooms are beautiful and clean with all the products you could need after a treatment.
I was greeted by Georgia (my therapist) and from that moment felt calm and peaceful, allowing her to lead me through what I can only describe as a beautiful ritual.
Georgia was just so lovely and real with an amazing technique, communicating with me when necessary to ensure my comfort at all times.
I have had many massages and am quiet fusy, but I could not fault Georgia and her beautiful warm nature.
After my treatment (closing time) I was not rushed out, but given plenty of time to gather my thoughts and emotions in the relaxation room with personal treats and beverage.
Thank you Harbour Day Spa - you have a lovely team and I cant wait to revisit soon.

Hong Kong, China
43 attraction reviews
“Heavenly escape from the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Arriving early is the key for a totally relaxing experience at Harbour Day Spa. The roman bath area with its tall columns and high ceiling is an indulgent start to soak away any stress. There's also a large sauna. My signature massage started with a warm foot bath, I added a ginger and lime body scrub (smells so divine) then full body massage with warm geranium oil. I felt like I was in heaven. I didn't want to leave. The service was really caring and genuine. I can't want to return in 2 months when back on the Gold Coast. It's worth waiting for, as other massages in this tourist area can be a bit average.

3 attraction reviews
“I left feeling angry and embarrassed, not happy and fresh.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was trying to organize a perfect day for my boyfriends 25th birthday. (10 August 2013) I found a online deal off seek.com for this day spa ,and called weeks in advance to enquire. It was ' deal for two for $189.'..and expired in 2012 but the lovely receptionist said she could still do that deal and booked us in. I paid for it over the phone there and then. I was really looking forward to the day as it was my boyfriends surprise from me and both of us had never been to a day spa. Especially a ' five star one'. Due to bad traffic we were already a little late so it had cut into our ' one hour to use the spa and sauna time'. Well we rushed in and filled out our forms, then got asked to sit and wait for another ten minutes till someone took us downstairs.so we didnt get very long at all, The place was beautiful and our therapists, Gypsy and Meagan were lovely and at that point we had a really good day and my bf was happy. When I gave the receptionist back the keys to the Lockers she asked me if I was going to ' fix up the rest of the payment'. I told her that I had already paid for it over the phone weeks ago and she said well ' Amy only took a partial payment'. And then said so are you going to make a payment. I said I don't have any more money and she goes, you don't have any more money? I said no I don't. Followed by my bf saying he didnt have a spare $189 also. She then asked me if I had any proof so I was made to go through my phone at the counter to try and find an email with the voucher. My boyfriend then said we don't have time for this as it was his b'day and we had friends waiting for us. But we were told to wait while she spoke to the girl who took our booking.she couldn't get through to her and Said ' just go. I honestly couldn't believe how rude she was to us, so upon leaving I thought I would say ' we didn't get the cheese platter either... so she said would you like it now... Maybe I would have liked it in the tranquil room with my glass of champagne, not when ive just been told to just go... Well I don't think that an experience like this is very ' five star'. I really expected more, was even planning on taking my mum here for her 50th birthday on Wednesday the 15/08 but I think I'll look elsewhere.

Leanne M, Owner at Harbour Day Spa, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Shelly Mary,
I am sorry to hear that your beautiful treatments were overshadowed by the misunderstanding at our reception. It is very disappointing that we did not meet the high standards we are constantly achieving with so many other guests as evidenced by the overwhelming majority of positive reviews on this site. I am truly sorry for this.
Our reception team are responsible for the smooth running of our business and your disappointment was because of a breakdown in communication between staff. Our Manager had asked me for permission to give you the deal you found from an old promotion and I agreed as she explained it was a special occasion. Whilst I acknowledge that we seemed to have failed in communicating the special arrangement we had made with you to insure your appointment ran smoothly please know that we only ever had the best intentions to make your day special.
I hope that you give us an opportunity to make sure your Mum celebrates her 50th at Harbour Day Spa.Please do not hesitate to contact me direct on leanne@harbourdayspa.com.au or phone 0755315121 if I can assist you.

Warm Regards
Leanne Morris
Director Harbour Day Spa
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Mixed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Beautiful facility, really professional service when booking and upon arrival. Had 1/2 price massage and facial $150 1.5 hours. Was a little disappointed in the massage, not a great technique, although I know that you can't expect the same type of massage from a beautician as you do from a trained masseuse. Facial was OK - felt a bit hurried. The thing that did disappoint me was the up-sell, both during the treatment (offering to upgrade declotague mask to face for extra $30) - and spending the last 10 minutes of my session going through all the products used which of course were for sale. As I was non committal, I was a bit surprised to see them at the counter ready for purchase at the end of the session. Really obvious that staff are on some type of commission and I just don't like that kind of pressure.

Visited May 2013
Leanne M, Owner at Harbour Day Spa, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Reviewed 29 May 2013 NEW

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your visit with us.I cant agree more that Harbour Day Spa Gold Coast offers a beautiful facility and we do pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We do offer some specials during our quiet times and I am happy you have been able to take advantage of one of our great offers. With regards to your massage I am sorry you were not 100% happy with your therapists technique.Harbour Day Spa like most spa's offer a varity of qualifications amongst our team including aromatherapy,sweedish,remedial and sports massage so please do not hesitate to book a remedial therapist on your next visit if you prefer a stronger massage.Our recommendations are a complementry part of our Client care and extra time is given for your therapist to offer this service outside of your treatment times.I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back soon and please do not hesitate to ask our receptionist for her recommendation of a Therapist who will suit your needs.