“View amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences

You added Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences to your Saves list
Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Orchid Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
cairns
“View amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stayed at the Hilton for my daughter's birthday, woke up to a wonderful sea view. Used the executive lounge, excellent food and service
All the staff here are to be commended, we were waiting for our key and went to the café for lunch. Instead of having to return to desk the receptionist on duty saw we were there and brought the key to us.
I felt all the staff we came into contact with had the same high level of expertise.

Room Tip: Higher levels give the best view and are away from the night club noise
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear caroCairns,

Thank you for posting your review.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and your daughter had a wondeful birthday.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Chris Partridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed at the residence tower for one week. The view from the long balcony (from both living and bed rooms) is simply beautiful! Rooms are big and comfortable. The hotel is in the center of the surfers paradise, a young and happening party town. And if you prefer a quiet beach, just walk for about 10 mins along it (either way) and you will get what you like. The management in the hotel is very helpful and tried their best to help me when I complained about the noise from the clubs nearby during the long weekend. The food in hotel restaurants or in room dining are all very good too!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Tony Z,

Thank you for posting your review.

I am pleased to read majority of your stay met your expectations. I apologise again for the surrounding noise over the long weekend and I hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights over Easter for our anniversary. It’s a lovely hotel and in a great location to the beach etc. The staff were very friendly, the room was a really good size and we had a view of the ocean but wasn’t able to sit out on the balcony to enjoy it as it had no furniture. When we were checking in, we were told that we were going to be getting a bottle of Sparkling as we were celebrating our anniversary but we didn’t end up getting it late Saturday afternoon and this was after I had asked about it a couple of times.

We had breakfast at The Food Store one of the mornings, I had the Big Breakfast and my husband had Egg and Bacon Roll, the big breakfast looked like they had just gone up stairs to Salt Grill and got the food from the breakfast buffet, it was very disappointing, the egg and bacon roll wasn’t much better the egg was over cooked, I could see that my husband wasn’t happy. According to the Hilton website, the coffee at The Food Store was to be Toby Estate coffee (which my husband and I both really like) but the coffee was Vittoria.

My Husband has wanted to go the Fix Bar for a while and it didn't disappoint at all, great atmosphere, friendly staff. They were some of the best cocktails.

I can’t really comment on the pool as I didn’t go down and have a good look but from what I could see from our room, it looked to be nice.

Over all we did enjoy our stay at the Hilton apart from the couple of little things and we would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014
Mudjimba, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were very pleased with this hotel. We bought a package through Travelzoo and my husband and I stayed for the one night. Hotel staff were extremely helpful and friendly and check in and out was fast and efficient. We were really happy with our room and the bed was probably one of the best we have ever slept on and we've stayed at a lot of hotels. Although the hotel is in the heart of busy Surfers Paradise, we couldn't hear anything in our room. Downstairs around the pool areas it was the same - very peaceful, couldn't hear traffic or noise from the street and it was a great place to sit and relax and escape from the crowds out in the street. The service in the restaurant was fantastic. Altogether a really good experience and we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Darryl_Hone,

Thank you for posting your review.

I am pleased to read everything about your stay met your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Gunnedah, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Really nice rooms and family friendly. The location of the hotel was superb so no need to use our car to go to the beach, shops or dinning. The hotel ammenities were also really nice specially the pool area. The service provided was also excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Welington S,

Thank you for posting your review.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise. I am happy to read you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the proximity to the beach, shops and dining precinct.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Heard a lot of the Hilton SP and decided to give it a try. Arrived at the hotel after 1900 and was surprised of the queue. Was promptly served by the Japanese receptionist (forgot her name). Had an amazing Executive room with a balcony directly facing Surfers Paradise. Executive Lounge provides guests a 270 degrees view from level 15 (shame that the Executive Lounge is not higher). Very nice spread of drinks & canapes in the evening. Staff very efficient and have multiple roles (you may see them in the Lounge at breakfast and see them later around the pool side).

Slight negative: Bath towels felt as if they have been used for years. There doesn't feel to be any difference between the pool and room towels. Instead my room towels had stains and I had to ask for replacements.

Our stay was going really well until we decided to try Salt restaurant on the Sunday night. Although not a catastrophe but I have to say disappointment. There was no welcome whatsoever from the Maitre D. The restaurant was half empty but yet, she decide to squeeze us between 2 couples! Would have much preferred tables facing the lobby but I guess this would have meant too much work for the staff as they preferred to have all tables occupied around one area to avoid walking too much. The Hilton website advertised a special 2 course meal @ $49 but no mention of this deal as we were given the menu. Hand cut fries were soggy and had to ask whether it was normal. Overall, very disappointed not only by restaurant staff but also quality of food. For the price tag, I would think again. There are much better options around the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bradley L,

Thank you for posting your review. I appreciate your feedback.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your Executive Room and access to the Executive Lounge.

I have noted your feedback in regards to the bath towels and I apologise for the inconvenience, this has been raised with our Housekeeping team.

I am disappointed to read your Salt grill experience was well below our high standard and this feedback has been taken on board.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise, I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton for 3 nights. We were surprised when we arrived to find we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom residence. This was great as we were traveling with an 11 month yr old. The room was very roomy, beds were comfortable, the room facilities were quality. Hotel staff were great and the buffet breakfast was awesome, we had it for each for the three days we were we there. Will definitely stay again next time we go. Great location in the heart of Surfers. Thank you Hilton.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear William S,

Thank you for posting your review.

I am pleased to read your three night stay with us was wonderful.

I am happy you enjoyed your upgrade and found it very spacious for your family.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Chris Partridge

Been to Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences? Share your experiences!