This is a beautiful hotel with a beautiful lobby in an excellent location. The pools are fantastic and the food is great. This is the best place on the gold coast due to its location, cleanliness, price and views.
I would give it five stars; however, because it carries the Hilton Name – I must base my review on international standards and have taken away one star due to some service issues.
1. The hotel has all the amenities for a 5 star hotel but does not have the service of a 5 star hotel. There is no warm or personalised feeling to the place. Only staff in the lobby was a single person at the reception desk.
2. I do not think they have a concierge. Upon arrival I was driving around for about an hour looking for a Valet parking which I could not find. Eventually I went into the self-parking car park and dragged everything up.
3. Check in which was quick however no one offered to take care of my luggage. In addition, not much value is giving to Hilton Gold Honors and was offered no upgrade or mention for a upgrade. When I asked if there has been a upgrade – I was looked at in a funny way. It was embarrassing having to ask; but I do not believe this expectation is much in return for our loyalty to a certain name. If they cannot offer a upgrade due to full occupancy – then just say so.
4. Upon checking out I was not given a card to get out of the car park. When I pressed the buzzer security answered and said they could not let me out as I need to go back and get the card. There were about 20 cars behind me and I was told "Put your hazards on and they will get the point.". The car behind me had the same issue. After about 15 minutes we realised it was impossible for everyone to back out, security is stubborn and don’t care, and it was not possible to call the hotel front desk due to no mobile reception. I paid $18 to get out of the car park which was annoying as I had already been charged for parking by the hotel. The car park might be managed by an external company but as I am a Hilton customer and the Hilton told me to park there – they must take responsibility for this issue.
5. In the evening the executive lounge was full of people trying to get drunk from free alcohol before heading out for the night so it was impossible trying to find a seat. Didn’t have that exclusive touch to it.
1.The hotel is clean.
2.It offers the best location in Surfers Paradise.
3.The rooms are large with spacious bathrooms.
4.Beautiful lobby although I didn’t try any of the restaurants or cafes in the hotel.
5.Awesome ocean views.
6.The pool is amazing. It has 3 pools – not one.
7.Many reviews complained about noise however noise was not an issue.
8.The hotel is child friendly.
9.Good executive lounge with some great snacks, awesome views and attentive staff.
Most of the accommodation in the Gold Coast is self-contained serviced apartments – so it was refreshing having the perks offered by hotels without spending three times the price. I will return to this hotel and if the service has improved, I will update my review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Surfers Paradise is the ultimate Gold Coast retreat, with famous beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment located right at the door step. The urban style resort offers a host of leisure facilities including four heated swimming pools, an indoor spa and sauna, pool bar, two gymnasiums and a theatre. For your comfort, the property is also home to an Executive Lounge with spectacular views of the Gold Coast from its' 15th floor location, while the signature restaurant Salt grill by Luke Mangan, is highly awarded and specialises in modern Australian cuisine. As one of the newest 5 star hotels in the region, Hilton Surfers Paradise combines world class service and style with the benefits of a premier location to deliver an experience that promises life long memories. When staying at Hilton Surfers Paradise, you have the option of hotel rooms and suites, or the fully serviced, self contained, apartment style residence, which come complete with kitchen, laundry and separate living space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel And Residences
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences Gold Coast