“Excellent and Recommended but not a 5 Star Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences

You added Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences to your Saves list
Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Orchid Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Sydney
“Excellent and Recommended but not a 5 Star Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with a beautiful lobby in an excellent location. The pools are fantastic and the food is great. This is the best place on the gold coast due to its location, cleanliness, price and views.

I would give it five stars; however, because it carries the Hilton Name – I must base my review on international standards and have taken away one star due to some service issues.

The Bad:

1. The hotel has all the amenities for a 5 star hotel but does not have the service of a 5 star hotel. There is no warm or personalised feeling to the place. Only staff in the lobby was a single person at the reception desk.
2. I do not think they have a concierge. Upon arrival I was driving around for about an hour looking for a Valet parking which I could not find. Eventually I went into the self-parking car park and dragged everything up.
3. Check in which was quick however no one offered to take care of my luggage. In addition, not much value is giving to Hilton Gold Honors and was offered no upgrade or mention for a upgrade. When I asked if there has been a upgrade – I was looked at in a funny way. It was embarrassing having to ask; but I do not believe this expectation is much in return for our loyalty to a certain name. If they cannot offer a upgrade due to full occupancy – then just say so.
4. Upon checking out I was not given a card to get out of the car park. When I pressed the buzzer security answered and said they could not let me out as I need to go back and get the card. There were about 20 cars behind me and I was told "Put your hazards on and they will get the point.". The car behind me had the same issue. After about 15 minutes we realised it was impossible for everyone to back out, security is stubborn and don’t care, and it was not possible to call the hotel front desk due to no mobile reception. I paid $18 to get out of the car park which was annoying as I had already been charged for parking by the hotel. The car park might be managed by an external company but as I am a Hilton customer and the Hilton told me to park there – they must take responsibility for this issue.
5. In the evening the executive lounge was full of people trying to get drunk from free alcohol before heading out for the night so it was impossible trying to find a seat. Didn’t have that exclusive touch to it.

The good:

1.The hotel is clean.
2.It offers the best location in Surfers Paradise.
3.The rooms are large with spacious bathrooms.
4.Beautiful lobby although I didn’t try any of the restaurants or cafes in the hotel.
5.Awesome ocean views.
6.The pool is amazing. It has 3 pools – not one.
7.Many reviews complained about noise however noise was not an issue.
8.The hotel is child friendly.
9.Good executive lounge with some great snacks, awesome views and attentive staff.
10.Comfortable Beds.

Most of the accommodation in the Gold Coast is self-contained serviced apartments – so it was refreshing having the perks offered by hotels without spending three times the price. I will return to this hotel and if the service has improved, I will update my review.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear allouchem,

Thank you for posting your review from your stay in January this year, I appreciate your feedback.

I have noted all your points and hope that if you return there may be some immprovements over what you had previously experienced.

Please do let me know when you plan to return so I can ensure that your receive the recognition we expect for a valued Hilton Honors guest.

Chris Partridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Korean first
Scarborough, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I had saved up and was really looking forward to the treat of staying in a luxury hotel
I enquired numerous times before check in as to whether or not there was a holding fee fee and how much this was and was told either there was no fee or it was $100 in total for the stay
I arrived at the hotel to find one harried looking worker attempting to check in about 6 or 7 groups of people which was slow going

I got to the front and was told it was a $100 holding fee per night - I was shocked as I didn't have this at that exact moment and was not toldabout it
I was willing to wait as I would have the funds shortly - what I was not prepared for was the humiliation and embarrassment I felt as the check in staff made me feel quite lowly and below them for not having this
I understand this is a lavish hotel but I don't feel anyone should be made to feel like this
The hotel and rooms and view were gorgeous but I doubt I will come back as the service left a very bitter taste I'm my mouth

• Stayed December 2013
Dear sunlover1985beach,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was sorry to see that you were provided with incorrect information regarding the credit card pre-authorisation process or the need to provide a cash deposit in the absence of a credit card. This is a process that is standard across the industry to ensure that we secure the funds for any incidental charges made during a guest stay. I am sorry for the inconvenience and agree that we should have managed this in a more empathetic manner.

I was pleased to see your enjoyed the hotel and accommodation despite the initial welcome.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This Hotel needs a thorough cleaning, a greater knowledge of offers on their website, more attentive staff. Overall I was disappointed with my stay here with exception of the Spa massage although pedicure was a disappointment.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Mel J,

Thank you posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was sorry to see you found some cleanliness issues during your stay which have been reported back to the Housekeeping team. I am also sorry that you experienced some inconvenience in relation to the website descriptions. Pleased to see that you did enjoy your massage at Eforea Spa.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel and Residences, we hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back on future travels.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We loved our two bedroom apartment on level 43 of the Hilton. We were taken aback by the views of the beach, inlets and mountains.

The master bedroom opened out onto a large terrace that could also be accessed from the lounge. The bathrooms and bedrooms had everything you could need.

The staff were very friendly, and helped us with our bags. This certainly was a treat compared to the last couple of nights in apartments on the way down from Cairns to Melbourne.

We had access to the executive lounge, this was an added bonus and we enjoyed our time using it.

I can't find anything to fault with our stay, and if I'm back in the Gold Coast, this is the place I want to stay.

Others mentioned noise, couldn't hear anything on level 43! The location was also fantastic.

We dined in "Salt" the hotels restaurant. Run by the celebrity chef Luke Mangan. Took advantage of their special fixed price two course meal for $49.50 each. Very high quality and great tasting food.

Will certainly be back!

Stayed December 2013
Dear jakin4,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay in a 43rd Floor Residence in the Orchid Tower. We look forward to seeing you back on future travels.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Roomy apartment, kept very clean and in good condition, great views up the coast, close to beach, shops, restaurants and nightlife. Naturally it's not that cheap but it is worth the money for 5 star accommodation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Peter T,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay in a Hilton Residence and found everything to be as expected. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel and Residences and we hope to see you back soon.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed in the hilton surface paradise for my schoolies week with four other girls. Even in a time of big stress the staff were very lovely and helpful. Security was brilliant and I couldn't have felt safer. I stayed in the residence ocean deluxe room on level 27 and the view was breath taking. The apartment was fabulous, very modern and had everything we could have possibly needed was available. The king size bed was almost like a trap as once you were in it it was impossible to get out and I haven't slept as well since returning home. Each day we had people come and tidy our unit for us, give us fresh towels and new sheets and even at times helping us with the dishes and stacking the dish washer. I would 100% recommend the hilton surface paradise and will definitely be back! Thank you so much for putting up with all of us schoolies! cheers.

Room Tip: Higher level with front facing ocean views looking over cavil... you won't regret it.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Samanthajane96,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed yours stay during the Schoolies celebrations, our first priority is to ensure the safety and well being of all our guests and I was pleased to see that you felt this was a key benefit during your stay.

We hope to see you back in the future and wish you all the best with your onward journey following the end of your time at school.

General manager
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

stayed at the hilton residences and friends stayed at the hotel during the GC600. Rooms are pokey, place smelled like there was a rubbish strike on. Hard to to give this place a wrap however f&b at Salt was exceptional as was the service. Pool was ordinary and you had to keep moving to stay in the sun with all tall buildings around. At nightime close your blinds or you will star in a peeping tom show with the preying eyes scouring the rooms for a bit of action.
Just outside are all girlie bars so it gets a bit willing after midnight. I was travelling with family so it was not ideal.
Suggest look elsewhere if you are a family.

Room Tip: the higher up the better view - see photo for example
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear WyeRiver,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was sorry to see that your stay was not entirely as expected. Naturally our location in the heart of Surfers Paradise allows for easy access to the beach and shops and the entertainment venues located close by which add to the variety of night life available in Surfers.

I apologise that there was some garbage odours experienced during your stay, we work hard to ensure a clean and hygienic environment and was disappointed to see that there may have been an issue with the garbage chutes over the time of your stay.

Do let me know if you plan a return visit so we can ensure a more pleasing experience for you.

Chris Partridge

Been to Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences? Share your experiences!