“Wonderful Property” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences

You added Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences to your Saves list
Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Orchid Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Maroochydore, Australia
“Wonderful Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have stayed at the Hilton Surfers Paradise on a number of occasions, but last weekend they exceeded all expectations. We traveled there to celebrate our daughters 18th birthday. The rooms (2 bedroom apartments) were superb, the service in the Executive Club was fantastic (thank you Lena) and the whole weekend was one to remember. Thank you to the GM Chris for a fantastic hotel.

Room Tip: The higher floors offer more sound proofing from noise on the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear MWW99,

Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for you recommendation for Lena and the team at the Executive Lounge.

We look forward to welcoming you back on future travels.

Chris Partridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were happy with location but during night do get a lot of noise from street below (even on level 13). Great view of beach from balcony. Pool area was nice with 4 pool options ( but pools were a bit cold to utilise) and bed was comfy and room felt clean .... But there was NO free wifi at hotel, this is the first time in long time we have been to a hotel that doesn't provide as part of services (even target at pacific fair provided free wifi). Reception was always flat out and when we checked in given basic info and no instruction on how to get to room (they had put a 2 in front of our room number) and we had a few trips on different lifts until we had to go back to reception for help to find room and got short rude response. No self laundry facilities. No where to store suitcase. Coffee cups in room were chipped. Annoying little black bugs in room and lounge - ended up in food and drinks and one flew up my nose! Lounge continental breakfast ok for first couple of days but then got bored with no variation on options provided. No where in room to hang your wet swimmers which was frustrating. Bed side lamp didn't work and clock had wrong time and we couldn't work out how to change. Rang operator twice to ask for roll away bed removed and wasn't. At night they seem to override the aircon so room gets hot and stuffy. For the price the suite wasn't as spacious as we thought. Overall ok hotel but not the experience we paid a lot of money for.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Kit2,

Thank you for your review, we sincerely appreciate your feedback.

I am sorry for the inconvenience experienced with the bedside table, clock and roll away bed. It is important that we hear of shortcomings so that we are able to address them. I was pleased you liked the location and enjoyed beach views from your hotel room.

As with most hotels, internet access is charged when accessing from the guest room, we provide free Wifi in the lobby, bar and restaurant at the hotel, there is also free access in the Executive Lounge. Diamond and Gold Hilton Honors members receive complimentary internet access during their stays at Hilton Hotels.

Thanks again for your feedback which is shared with the team at the hotel so we can make improvements in what we do to ensure a great experience at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

After staying at this hotel in October 2012 I vowed never to return, however unfortunately I did end up staying again and my experience was the same!
Great sized rooms and if you pay a huge premium, glimpses of the ocean behind the huge hotel right in front, however DO NOT STAY HERE if you expect the room to be cleaned or serviced at all!! Despite stating that the room is serviced daily it is NOT! As half the apartments are privately owned and the Hilton only manages the building, there is NO maintainence at all! You have to call and tell then to service the rooms everyday and then they only do a pathetic job, and for $500plus a night, I would expect it to be clean. For example in my 10 night stay, a glass was in front of a doorway on my level the entire time, even when I notified staff it remained there til I left, or no toilet paper or clean towels for 2 days.. hmmm nice.

Then when my pajama pants went missing all the staff ESPECIALLY management, kept asking me am I sure they're gone, basically asking if I was lying, so after spending over $5000 I was going after them for a $70 pair of pajamas!!?! Then after I had a melt down from being interrogated about the pants I was promised if I bought new ones I would receive a refund! Hmmm ...... 3 months later and still
waiting!
Management rude everywhere from front desk to restaurant, actual staff in restaurant and Luke at concierge are lovely.

Not to mention the hotel is located right in the middle of the strip clubs, so don't bother venturing out at night with kids!

I could go on but my only suggestion is switch to the intercontinental in Australia and overseas, the staff and hotels are faultless!

After spending many nights and dollars at the Hilton chain in Australia and overseas I would rather stay home and flush my money down my clean toilet!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Ponbixda,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback and am naturally disappointed that your stay was not to your expectations.

I have shared your feedback with those responsible related to housekeeping as I am disappointed to read your comments regarding the servicing of your room. I am endeavouring to trace back regarding your pyjamas and will resolve this matter for you. You may wish to contact me at the hotel to discuss further.

Once again sincere apologies for your experience.

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I had an awesome time on our honeymoon here on the 47th floor at Hilton Residences. Central to everything, across from the beach, unbelievable views very clean and modern 2 bedroom Sky-View apartment fully equipped. Would definitely stay here again if in Surfers Paradise. Would recommend this to anyone. Remember this: Hilton Residences Tower ONLY, and the higher the floor the better. You have all been told. Do yourselves a favour and go book it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jason M,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback and were delighted to see that you enjoyed your honeymoon.

Thank you for your recommendation for the Hilton Residences and particularly the Skyrise apartments located above the 32 floor in the Orchid Tower.

We hope to see you back in the future.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The room was great and we had fantastic views of the beach from level 24. Breakfast daily was delicious and room service was very quick. The only negative that we had was that because the hotel is right in the centre of Surfers Paradise, we could hear noise from the nightlife on Fri and Sat nights. That being said, we didn't have any issues sleeping due to the noise, however it would be great if they had pillow options. We found our pillows very bulky which gave us a bit of a stiff neck. Nothing major though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dear William O,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay and as advised we do offer a pillow menu that provides a range of options if the standard pillow does not meet your preferences.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Only stayed one night, but the hotel was very impressive and the view from the 40th floor was awesome. I thought it might be noisy in the heart of Surfers Paradise, but it was fine. The beach was a minute away and everything you needed was on hand.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Paul B,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see you enjoyed your stay in a Skyrise Residence on the 40th floor, we hope to see you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on the 29th floor, in a 2 bedroom apartment. The view was absolutely breathtaking- the ocean, for as far as the eye could see. Apartments were immaculate, bedding was divine, was impressed by the late night 'bed turning down' and chocolates :) The only one small complaint I had was regarding the air conditioning being unable to be altered per apartment. We did get quite hot in the night & as we had our young son with us, I wasn't comfortable leaving the doors to the balcony open. Would most certainly recommend to all!!!

On another note, the 2 Canadian concierge gentlemen who took our bags to our room, and then back down to the car, should be commended on their manners, nature & overall presentation. They are an asset to the Hilton! Was only able to get one name, Michael I think it was. Very very impressed all round.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Tess1986,

Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your feedback.

We were pleased to see you enjoyed your stay on the 29th floor of the Hilton residences, I am sorry that you had some challenges with the Air Con. Thanks for the feedback regarding Robin and Trevor - our Canadians - working with the Concierge team.

We hope to see you back soon.

Chris Partridge

Been to Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences? Share your experiences!