“Great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences

You added Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences to your Saves list
Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Orchid Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #11 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed here for holiday. I think would be the best accomodation on the Gold Coast. Central location, with lots of variety of pubs and restaurants around. New and clean rooms. I was on a high floor, so I had a beach view. Noise at night from Surfers Paradise is audible, but easily avoided by closing the balcony doors. Great spot, highly recommended. Fantastic Luke Mangan restaurant in the complex to!

Room Tip: Higher room if possible - less noise and better views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear PaulH866,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Chris Partridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Korean first
Mount Gambier, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our first trip to the Gold Coast, the location was very central to the main attractions. Found the staff very welcoming and freindly. Our room had wonderful views of the beaches and mountains. all staff very accommodating to our needs. Many options available on where to sit and relax in the pool area. The executive lounge was a highlight.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Julie G,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you back on future travels.

Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I thought it is just another Hilton, but this one is really worth it. Location, service, the rooms: just fabulous.

Try to book a King Executive Room with Ocean View, which gives you access to the Exec Lounge.

Thank you for having such a gem among your collection.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear adriano,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we will see you back on future travels.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Come with friends for Easter weekend. The apartment was perfect & well maintained. Location was great with close walking distance to the beach and restaurants. We were disappointed with the views however, overlooking abandoned buildings and other hotels...could see the tiniest glimpse of the ocean but had to lean over balcony. Would probably go to another hotel next time with guaranteed beach views.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Nastia84,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate the feedback.

Pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay, our hotel rooms and apartments offer various views over Surfers Paradise, if you decide to visit again let us know your preference.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our third stay at this Hotel and it didn't disappoint. Our room was on the 8th floor with a view over the pool and Surfers Paradise beach.
Nights are very noisy in Surfers but we very successfully shut out the noise by closing the balcony door. This left us reliant on the air conditioner but I think noise is an issue for all hotels in this location.
The bathroom is a very special room; it is very spacious and modern. The amenities are standard Hilton supply and are replenished every day and are never in short supply. Towels and robes are fluffy - just how I like them.
Breakfast at first glance appeared to be standard hotel buffet fare. However, make a point of ordering an omelette or French toast cooked to order and you won't be disappointed. Pancakes, waffles, poached/fried eggs are other items on offer.
The Front Desk staff are very friendly and helpful. Special mention to the Bed turn down service. Very pretty shells and chocolates left by two very pleasant ladies.
The elevators are the only (slightly) negative. There are a series of elevators serving different areas ie: hotel, apartments and parking. It was quite confusing in identifying which lift went to the various locations. If you take the wrong lift to parking it can become quite a challenge to find your car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Jennifer F,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay, a true test is to ensure that your experience is consistent and it is great to see that after your 3rd stay with us, we have lived up to your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Madeira Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Beach shops and pubs within two minutes walking distance, hotel very well maintained and clean, executive lounge had a great selection and even better views, salt grill for dinner was awesome.

Only down side was waking up in he morning and walking onto my balcony and having lots of ropes from window cleaners spoiling my view of the ocean..couldn't hear any street noise from the 14th floor

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear maggiemadbeach,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and dinner at Salt grill. I hope we see you back if travels bring you back downunder in the future.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We arrived at Hilton at Good Friday evening. At the moment the lobby was full and took a Little to do our check in. The lobby it´s not like a tradicional one. I dont know if they intend to be modern....anyway, you dont feel like you are arriving to the confort of a hotel... It is more like a gallery. First you have a Coffee place (just like one of those from a good gallery) and at the end of the hall, the front desk.

Anyway, we did our check in and went to our two bedroom apartment at 37th floor. The apartment was big, confortable and with a great view. But without internet. Nor wireless or wire one. Nothing. And we needed it. First we called the "Magic" number. The attendant/ operator told us that was nothing she can do. If there wasnt internet, so sorry, that´s it. Amazing!

We went down to the Lobby and explained about the internet issue and that we needed it during the night (as we were 14hs in advance) for a matter of bussiness. The first receptionist told us the hotel was full so it was imposible to change room and offered us the internet company 1800 number!! So we could call them and ASK FOR A REPAIR! Us??? Call them to come over and fix it????

Then, the second one, decided to talk to the manager. The Manager first went upstairs with her mobile and certified about the absence of internet signal. Finally, they agreed to change our room. We changed to another tower, 5 floors lower (32nd floor). There the internet was working properly, even though you have to login everytime you need it.

The breakfast is another remakable episode! The next morning we decided to have breakfast at the hotel buffet on the first floor. There´s not enough room for everyone. The tables are too next to another. The kitchen is open and, this way, you participate in everything! You see them cooking, the mess, you hear the pans.... and specially, you see the faces when the cooks are stressed. The line to get the food is big and close to the tables. There was only one or two to do all the eggs and pancakes/ Waffles orders. My husband asked for an omelette. We waited for 40min and it never came. We were sitting there just seeing them completed lost. The orders comes and goes to all the ways, while the servers are searching for who ordered what. Most of the times, they put it back over the counter until the seachers starts again.... Well, as my husband´s omelette, after 40min, were "still on the line", we simply walked away. And nobody seemed to bother about that.

The other day (and last one!) was Easter morning. And onde more we went to the buffet. We hoped that the Saturday episode was an exception.. no way... It was worse! The lines, the cooks stressed, and the toaster was not working! My God! I tried to have a toast, but one of the servers were having her private war with the toaster. We waited and waited and while one of the servers were bringing another one (that didnt work as well) the other was taking the breads inside to be toasted on the kitchen. I must say that before taking mine, I showed her where I was sitting with my husband and two kids. We waited and waited, and when it finally came, she simply left my toasts and the other table!!! Luckly I was all the times with my eyes on her! Dont need to mention that all the toats came back dark and cold.... Omelettes and everything were coming and going again to all over the room. And when I was at the line for bacon and scramble eggs I heard one cook asking the other one for some three or four orders that were late. And I heard the following aswer from the first cook: I DONT CARE. The juices were not cold, the breads and croissants were cold and were tooking to long to be refilled, we received coffees that we didnt ask for.... a mess!

I must say that among all that madness, the servers were all the times polite and kindness.

Despite all the bad service, they have great rooms with confort and well located.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear TocaTur,

Thank you for taking time to provide your very detailed account of your stay, I appreciate your feedback.

It is disappointing to see that your stay did not meet your expectations and I apologise for the inconsistencies in service you experienced. I have shared your feedback with the team as it represents a valuable opportunity to learn from your experiences at the hotel. I am sorry that we did not live up to our own expectations in providing a more memorable experience.

Do let me know if your travel back to the Gold Coast as I would appreciate the opportunity to provide a stay more in keeping with your expectations.

Chris Partridge

Been to Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences? Share your experiences!