“Fix Bar is amazing.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences

You added Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences to your Saves list
Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Orchid Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Fix Bar is amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We recently went to the Gold Coast for my partners birthday. We decided to go to the Fix bar for cocktails. I could not recommend it highly enough. The bartender was amazing, he was friendly and very knowledgeable. The cocktail list was extensive and there would be defiantly something for every taste. I will be recommending Fix to all our family and friends.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Simone L,

Thank you for your review of Fix bar at the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed our cocktails at Fix. It is pleasing to see when our guests have a great time and thank you for your recommendation.

Chris Partridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Korean first
Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Great coffee, wonderful milkshakes and is reasonably priced... And we are locals! I was a little sceptical at first, but I was curious and I'm so pleased that we paid a visit :) We shared a plate of scones with jam and cream.... Tastebuds - very happy!

• Stayed January 2013
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Curlyfries76,

Thank you for sharing your review of The Foodstore at the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your visit to the Foodstore, we aim to be relevant to the local market of Surfers Paradise and that is also reflected in our cafe pricing.

We hope to see you back soon.

Richmond, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

the hotel was above average but the tower we were in the lifts were not all working and at busy times we could wait up to 15 mins to be able to get to our room there wasnt an option to use the stairs as this is only a fire escape which we found out as we tried to use the stairs to come down from our room one morning after waiting for the lifts for ages.and couldnt get back out onto our floor as the door locks behind you trapping us on the stairs walked to the grond floor and escaped onto the street
the bed and pillows were wonderfull and the room facilaties were more than we expected

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear peter h,

Thank you for sharing your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased that in general your stay met your expectations, we do receive a lot of positive feedback about our Serenity beds. I am sorry that you experienced some inconvenience in relation to lift wait times.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise and I hope we may welcome you back on future travels.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have stayed here previously and loved it. This time we stayed in the new tower on the 49th floor and the views are just breath taking. The windows are all floor to ceiling and when you wake up in the morning it feels like you are actually on the ocean. We had a three bedroom ocean view apartment which had 4 bathrooms, one for each room and an extra. Room service was fantastic and the chocolate fondant is a must have. You can even get breakfast served to you in bed and apartments are serviced everyday. There is an indoor pool and a number of outdoor pools all of which were packed when we were there. All towels, suncreen etc are provided by the hotel . Would like to thank the bar man at the pool bar who found us a beer even though he had closed up for the day.The kids had already got in the pool and mummy and daddy just wanted to sit and unwind so this was very much appreciated. Looking forward to another stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear princessm4,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in the Orchid Tower Residence and that your expectations were satisfied.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise and I look forward to welcoming you back on future travels.

Blackbutt, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in September 2012 in a 2 bedroom apartment that was so tiny felt claustrophobic. Lounges are so uncomfortable, couldn't really sit on to relax, bedroom door did not shut properly, morning light from 4.30 am came thru drapes that didn't block out. Could not have the sliding doors open at night as the noise from the clubs down stairs was loud. Yes is a lovely hotel but in a really bad spot. Walk out of hotel and you are right on top of the grubby night clubs, strip joints etc.
The Buffett breakfast is amazing, everything you want is available. Service is great. But is very business feeling with a lot of men in suits around, not very touristy or family feeling at all.

Pool area is lovely but very windy and sun is behind other buildings most of day so does make it cold. Lovely areas to sit around and relax and BBQ areas as well.
Don't know if I'd stay again as other hotels in surfers give a much better relaxing holiday.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear shell2171,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and thanks for providing your impressions of the hotel during your stay in September.

We hope that you may decide to visit us again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed over Xmas & New Year on level 40 with an Ocean View, amazing views, v comfy beds and nice & clean.

We had the very best holiday here, great location for families, great parking and theme parks a short drive away - all the staff were so helpful, welcoming & professional at all times.

Thank you so much to Laura Bowden for her help in booking our stay (was lovely to meet her in person).

The breakfast was v yum everyday, the kids loved the pancakes and ice-cream. Bonnie on the breakfast team was always v helpful in the morning and made sure I had my coffee made with my fave soy milk :-)

Amy in the Executive Lounge was so lovely and a fave with our little boy; use of the lounge made us feel v pampered, the food is great and the views are excellent.

On checking out Hannah on reception was great and made sure that our stay had been satisfactory.

We will most definitely be visiting - thank you so much for a fab holiday.

The Hughes family :-)

• Stayed January 2013
Dear happyhugheshols,

Thanks for posting your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for recognising Amy and Hannah. I know they will be delighted to know they left you with a positive impression.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Gold Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed one night after attending my daughters birthday party at the hotel. The room was nice with good views (27th floor residences). The big problem for us (party of 6) was the elevators. Upon check out we waited 30 minutes for an elevator to take us to reception. This was also a problem upon check-in. There is no service elevator in this hotel, so if the lifts aren't filled with other guests they are full with cleaners and trolleys. I have never experienced anywhere the delays that we faced here at the Hilton. Also the air conditioning does not seem to work in the elevators or the hallways. I think for a 5 star hotel this is a major problem. I spoke to reception about the problem and they advise that it is only like this 3 months of the year. Not really good enough for a 5 star hotel. Also do not stay here if you want a quiet holiday, nightclubs are right next to the hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Julie L,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that in general your room met your expectations. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by the time taken waiting for the lifts. I also have noted your feedback regarding air-conditioning in the lifts and halls of the Residence building your apartment was part of.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise, we hope to see you back on future travels.

Chris Partridge

Been to Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences? Share your experiences!