“Clean, fantastic location, very friendly staff, HAPPY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences

You added Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences to your Saves list
Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Orchid Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Sydney
“Clean, fantastic location, very friendly staff, HAPPY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Surfers Paradise for 1 week. It has been one of our most enjoyable family holiday stays ever. All of the staff are extremely friendly, we were warmly greeted by all staff from the staff at reception, to the concierge, to the housekeeping staff, staff in the lift and wait staff in the restaurant. I noticed they all serm to enjoy working as a team in the hotel, as they were courteous and friendly to both us and eachother. The room was serviced daily and the job was done well. Every night we would have the turndown service offered with bedtime chocolates which is always a nice touch.

We had access to the Executive Lounge which provided free continental breakfast, afternoon tea and light meals at dinner time (which is meant to be 'pre-dinner' snacks and drinks but I think many people were enjoying their dinner there). The evening service included soup, curry or slow cooked meat with rice, salad, a beautiful selection of bread, a selection of cheeses, antipasto items, cold cuts and smoked salmon. A self service open bar was also included. The lounge had excellent views over the beach and city. Paying a little bit extra to gain access to the executive lounge is definitely worth it.

The hotel is well located, 1 min walk from Cavill Ave and 3 mins from the beach.

Our 2br apartment was on the 22nd floor, with 270 degree views over the beach/ocean and the southern side of the Gold Coast. Fantastic!

The pool is nice, though nothing to rave about and I feel it is geared more to young singles and childless couples, though there were many kids enjoying themselves in the pool. The sun lounges were very nice and great ambient music was playing in the background. Our kids are 2 and 5 and for them there was just a tiny square shallow wading pool, pretty boring compared to other hotels. But we preferred swimming at the beach anyway so it was no big deal.

The gym was clean with mainly cardio equipment, swiss balls, medicine balls, a weights bench and dumbells up to 18kgs.

One night we dined in Salt Grill and we received excellent service. The meals were very good too and I would recommend it.

The only gripe my husband had was in the cafe on ground level, he likes to enjoy a coffee daily and the service there was very slow, there is no barista, just 2 waitresses who also make coffees and they seemed quite disorganised and understaffed. The Hilton would benefit their guests greatly if they employed good barista for their guests to enjoy a decent coffee, and efficient service. After all the hotel has approx 50 floors of guests who pass the cafe many times daily so more staff and introducing better systems in the cafe would be worth the investment. That said, a disappointing coffee in the morning is a small gripe to have when the rest of our experience was first class.

Thanks to all of the staff at the Hilton, we will be returning soon!

• Stayed January 2013
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Natasha L,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you left with positive memories of the hotel. I have taken on board your comments regarding the cafe for consideration.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Chris Partridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Korean first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels and generally have walked away satisfied. However when booking this particular trip in Surfers Paradise I was hoping for a very easy stay and hence chose the Hilton property. However it was only within 24 hours of arriving that a range of problems had already been occurring.
We had arrived at 8am in the morning and understandably had to wait until check-in at 3pm, this was no problem as the concierge team where a great help to store our luggage. However as the hotel knew we were early we would have hoped they would possibly get us in the room earlier or as least on time. This had not been the case and even before getting to our room (after 3pm) the key cards we had been given where already not working. Delaying us to get into a room.
Furthermore we had stated and organised that we had 6 people staying with 2 extras (one being for the first night and another joining days later) and thus would need extra beds. This had been organised prior to coming to the hotel that the beds would be ready for us, yet this was not the case. We had to go back to reception and arrange the beds again. Not just once, but both times they failed to arrange the beds for us. Further to the issue of beds not coming when we would like, much of the payment process for the extras had been miss communicated through the staff up to 3 times where we had to go back to reception with a different staff member to explain how the payment was working. Each time they had apologized and said it is all fixed, whereby it had not been.
Although this is not a huge problem, it is more noteworthy in that prior to our stay we had also been verbally told we were on the 48th level of the hotel, when arriving we had been moved to the 35th level and thus although it does not make a huge difference, when we have our hearts sent on a certain height little things can make a big difference.
I guess in our case it is just lucky the hotel has a great concierge team that kept a great bond with myself and fellow friends who stayed. They were very knowledgeable and helpful.
Yet overall the rooms where not great as we had a 6 person hotel with 3 rooms, (a king double, a queen double, a single, and a fold out bed for the initial 6) my expectation and what we had been told prior to our stay was we were staying in was 3 doubles, yet something else they did not happen. Also the pool on level 2 proves to be extremely windy when the wind picks up, yet is possibly out of the hotels control.
Finally when staying at a Hilton hotel and although I love other Hilton properties, I would suggest this property in Surfers Paradise was not up to the standard I had expected. When you stay at a Hilton hotel you expect an easy and convenient stay, this was not the case with many trips and long conversations with the reception team to resolve problems. Like I said, lucky for the concierge team or my review could have been that bit worse.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear GrantArbuckle,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I have taken on board your constructive feedback and apologise for any inconvenience caused by the room configuration booked for your party. I was pleased to read that the Cincierge team managed to provide a more positive impression.

Thanks for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise, do let me know if you plan to return in the future.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We just got back from 12 nights at the Hilton staying in a 2 bedroom residence. Booking via Laura Bowden who works there was a delight as her service was AMAZING not just during the booking but also while we were there. The room was lovely and clean. They offer room service and daily room cleaning which makes it feel more like a holiday. The pool area is great but they are seriously lacking in pool lounges and there should be more as there is room for them. The gym was small and could have been better for a brand new hotel. The breakfast was divine with heaps of options. We also had Xmas Day lunch at the hotel restaurant and this also was spectacular. It is easy having everything on your door step. We will return for sure. Again, well done to Laura !!!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get an ocean view room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear soniasalis,

Thanks for posting your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see you enjoyed your stay with us, I appreciate your comments regarding Laura and I know she will be delighted to know she left a positve impression. I note your feedback regarding pool furniture; something I will take under consideration. I was also very pleases to see that you had a great Christmas Lunch at the hotel.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you back on future travels.

Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We booked a 2 bedroom apartment through Last minute.com back in October, had never stayed at the Hilton Surfers prior to this. We were extremely pleased with the rate of our booking for a 2 bedroom apartment. Check in was easy, although they do not let you into the room until check in time of 3pm but you can still use the facilities eg bar and pool area until your room is ready. We took our own food and drinks as the apartment was fully equipped to cook, even had a washing machine and dryer, we had an amazing view of both the city and ocean. We will definitely be back, hopefully we can get a similar deal next year, would highly recommend this hotel, for its cleanliness, location, pool and service. The only one negative was the staff in the casual cafe in the hotel seemed stressed as they were under staffed they came across unfriendly and not very approachable. The service in the cafe would not stop us from booking this hotel again but I do think that staff in hospitality need to be more professional with residents of the hotel and visitors too.

Room Tip: recommend a city view room as in the night time you can see the lights of the gold coast, these room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear BrisbaneMarie,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a hotel survey following your recent stay. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it lets me know where we are doing well and where we can improve.

I was pleased to see that your stay appears to have met your expectations. I am sorry that you found the service in the Food Store not so friendly, I will pass these comments onto the manager so he knows how our customers are feeling.

Thank you again for such wonderful feedback and I am very pleased to hear you are looking forward to coming back.

Bondi, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

In the Heart of Surfers Paradise sits this brand new hotel. Great views from the upper floors. Nicely surprised to have great views, and no noise from the streets. The staff wear a very modern uniform, unlike the corporate uniforms worn at other Hilton Hotels. Ill be back.

Room Tip: I was very lucky to be upgraded to a relaxation room - do yourself a favour and pay the extra for it...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Raangi,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I was pleased to see that everything seems to have met your expectation on this occasion and thank you for your kind compliments about our hotel. We understand that it is important for guests to receive a memorable experience at the hotel and were thrilled to receive your feedback.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise and I hope we may see you back on future travels.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Great stay but be aware of what view you want when you book. We had assumed the Ocean view room would have a great view of the ocean. It didn't. Still very nice place to stay. The staff were very accommodating to us. Great selection of pools. Perfect location if you want to be in the heart of Surfers Paradise.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Dgerous,

I was pleased to see that your stay appears to have met your expectations. I am sorry that you were unhappy with the view and found it was not what you had requested. I will be sure to pass this onto our reservations department to double check the room descriptions.

I appreciated the wonderful comments about our staff, pool area and the location of the hotel; it's great to see you enjoyed your stay.

Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The 2 bed apartment was on the 40th floor and had an amazing beach view. Lying in bed we can see the waves and it gave a soothing relaxing feeling. Sitting on the balcony sipping beer was just an idyllic end to a 3 week break in Australia. The only shame was that a competitors hotel was being built right in from of the Hilton which obstructed the full view of the beach; however it was still an amazing experience?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear 123four,

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us especially being on the 40th floor with such a wonderful view. I am pleased to hear it has concluded your time in Australia on a positive note and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

Chris Partridge

Been to Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences? Share your experiences!