We had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Surfers Paradise for 1 week. It has been one of our most enjoyable family holiday stays ever. All of the staff are extremely friendly, we were warmly greeted by all staff from the staff at reception, to the concierge, to the housekeeping staff, staff in the lift and wait staff in the restaurant. I noticed they all serm to enjoy working as a team in the hotel, as they were courteous and friendly to both us and eachother. The room was serviced daily and the job was done well. Every night we would have the turndown service offered with bedtime chocolates which is always a nice touch.
We had access to the Executive Lounge which provided free continental breakfast, afternoon tea and light meals at dinner time (which is meant to be 'pre-dinner' snacks and drinks but I think many people were enjoying their dinner there). The evening service included soup, curry or slow cooked meat with rice, salad, a beautiful selection of bread, a selection of cheeses, antipasto items, cold cuts and smoked salmon. A self service open bar was also included. The lounge had excellent views over the beach and city. Paying a little bit extra to gain access to the executive lounge is definitely worth it.
The hotel is well located, 1 min walk from Cavill Ave and 3 mins from the beach.
Our 2br apartment was on the 22nd floor, with 270 degree views over the beach/ocean and the southern side of the Gold Coast. Fantastic!
The pool is nice, though nothing to rave about and I feel it is geared more to young singles and childless couples, though there were many kids enjoying themselves in the pool. The sun lounges were very nice and great ambient music was playing in the background. Our kids are 2 and 5 and for them there was just a tiny square shallow wading pool, pretty boring compared to other hotels. But we preferred swimming at the beach anyway so it was no big deal.
The gym was clean with mainly cardio equipment, swiss balls, medicine balls, a weights bench and dumbells up to 18kgs.
One night we dined in Salt Grill and we received excellent service. The meals were very good too and I would recommend it.
The only gripe my husband had was in the cafe on ground level, he likes to enjoy a coffee daily and the service there was very slow, there is no barista, just 2 waitresses who also make coffees and they seemed quite disorganised and understaffed. The Hilton would benefit their guests greatly if they employed good barista for their guests to enjoy a decent coffee, and efficient service. After all the hotel has approx 50 floors of guests who pass the cafe many times daily so more staff and introducing better systems in the cafe would be worth the investment. That said, a disappointing coffee in the morning is a small gripe to have when the rest of our experience was first class.
Thanks to all of the staff at the Hilton, we will be returning soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Surfers Paradise is the ultimate Gold Coast retreat, with famous beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment located right at the door step. The urban style resort offers a host of leisure facilities including four heated swimming pools, an indoor spa and sauna, pool bar, two gymnasiums and a theatre. For your comfort, the property is also home to an Executive Lounge with spectacular views of the Gold Coast from its' 15th floor location, while the signature restaurant Salt grill by Luke Mangan, is highly awarded and specialises in modern Australian cuisine. As one of the newest 5 star hotels in the region, Hilton Surfers Paradise combines world class service and style with the benefits of a premier location to deliver an experience that promises life long memories. When staying at Hilton Surfers Paradise, you have the option of hotel rooms and suites, or the fully serviced, self contained, apartment style residence, which come complete with kitchen, laundry and separate living space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel And Residences
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences Gold Coast