“Totally fullfil my expectation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Surfers Paradise

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Surfers Paradise to your Saves list
Wyndham Surfers Paradise
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3018 Surfers Paradise Blvd | (Cnr Markwell Ave), Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia (Formerly Azzura Surfers Paradise Resort)   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #12 of 74 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Hong Kong, China
“Totally fullfil my expectation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Before booking this hotel, I read the reviews, most are good, so I decided to try. We have five of us, lived in the 2 bedrooms deluxe. The problems in the reviews none happened: dishwasher was clean, bedding was clean, cleaning stuffs supplied enough, aircond work normally, have a ocean view. The only thing I would like the hotel to improve is the sofabed, it really need to change, the springs nearly come out through the thin mattress. We definitely will live this hotel again if have chance and will recommend anyone to live it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Jeannekoo ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great review on Trip Advisor.

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our apartments - I'm pleased to hear that we are providing the holiday experience our guests’ deserve. Thank you for advising us about the sofa bed in the room, this will be look into as a matter of priority.

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

A good property, well located with modern well equipped rooms.
Rooms are spacious and it's more like an apartment hotel stay
However, they need to work on breakfast.
Conveniently located to restaurants, beach, convenient shops etc..
Overall a good hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Sohil74,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, please accept our sincere apologies regarding any issues encountered with breakfast at the Cafe.

I want you to know how much we appreciate your visit to the resort, and how much we value you as a guest. We hope to see you again at Wyndham Surfers Paradise in the future. I am confident we will exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your comments.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our stay at this resort was a wonderful experience all round.

The pool was clean, inviting and heated nicely for June temperatures.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The rooms were beautifully designed and spacious, with the most comfortable beds my husband and I have experienced in all of our local trips away. We stayed in an apartment on the 6th floor, hinterland views, and didnt hear any construction or street level noise at all. It had all the little home-away-from-home necessities you may need.

The buffet breakfast was yummo - when there was food out. The staff seemed a little slow in keeping up with the demand both mornings we went down to eat.

Overall, we didnt expect accommodation so nice in the middle of Surfers, but we found it!

Room Tip: AVOID getting a room next to the rubbish chute - it is VERY noisy and the door + chute bang every ti...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Nikkileee,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, sounds like you had a great time!

Please accept my apologies regarding the slow service at breakfast. We have been unexpectedly busy the last week or so and have struggled with limited staff.

Thank you again for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had a great experience in the hotel. Perfectly set and clean. Easy location as you can go for shopping and dining at just 5 minutes walk near by. Excellent service at the front desk and the barwoman.
Just a bit annoying for the internet wireless in room floors so I had to go the ground lobby (not the main one) as the restaurant & check-in floor lobby was closed after 9 pm. Not really convenient but I was not the only one checking my mails there at midnight. But I know it's a not the hotel fault but the internet service providers.

Room Tip: confirm with the front desks which floors and location will be the best to catch the internet wirele...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Voyageurautourdumond,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor.

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our staff - I'm pleased to hear that we are delivering on our Count On Me! service promise. It is very rewarding for our team when we share this feedback with them.

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the internet. The past week or so, the internet has dropped out on a few of the floors, we are aware of these issues and Tomizone are doing their best to rectify them.

Thank you again for your review, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Wyndham Surfers Paradise

Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed here with family for 3 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment, which had views of both the river and parts of the beach. The self contained kitchen had all the appliances and it's several steps to the beach and a short walk to surfers paradise shops Coles/Woolworths etc.

Using the $5 discount, we enjoyed the breakfast buffet which is a good deal at the discounted price and the cafe staff were friendly and helpful. The presence of sales reps in suits ruined the atmosphere - otherwise I would have felt like we were at any other normal hotel restaurant.
We also made use of the hotels facilities of gym, heated pool and spa (although pool towels would have been nice).

Overall not a bad hotel - we were impressed with the views even on a lower level (8). We have stayed at other surfers paradise hotels where they charge you extra for the beach view but you can hardly see the beach. We were also given a later checkout upon request.

As Wyndham owners we used our points to stay here, so I will only comment as a hotel guest and not as an owner. Otherwise the rating would drop due to a few bad experiences with ironically 'customer service'.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite which had views of both the beach and river.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Monkicity,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the Sales staff in the cafe. We are currently extending our sales office on the ground floor however during 2 days whilst the builders were removing a wall, the sales staff did have to relocate to our cafe and pool area to conduct their meetings. I know this is not ideal however we had no other options at such last minute notice. Thankfully, the noise has subsided and they were able to move back to ground floor after the 2 days.

I am curious about your comment regarding the customer service. Is this in relation to our hotel or sales staff? We would love to hear from you to discuss this further. As there is no information on your Trip Advisor profile, you are welcome to call us to 07 5579 6500 or email surfers@wyn.com We pride ourselves on our world class service, so it is upsetting to read that this may not have been offered to you

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you

Management
Wyndham Surfers Paradse
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We really enjoyed our time at Wyndham SP. It is quite an oasis in the middle of a busy part of Surfers - once you are up in the pool area or on your balcony it feels miles away. The service was top notch and the brekkie was great and easily accessible too. Plenty of parking and only a five min walk to the centre of Surfers.

Room Tip: The Hotel faces east west so east might be better in summer but the rooms are well airconditioned so...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Jonathan B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were well looked after.

Thank you again Jonathan B, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future

Beenleigh, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

After I had stayed one night with my young daughter at Wyndham Surfers Paradise I was so impressed when I returned home I immediately rebooked a two night stay for the recent Queens Birthday long weekend. The Resort is very comfortable, modern and clean. All the staff very so helpful, polite and so friendly and welcoming. Wyndham Surfers Paradise is a 10 minute walk to the heart of Surfers Paradise. Amazing location. I would recommend this resort to everyone. We loved that fact that we could swim in a heated pool and enjoy an outside hot spa at night, in the middle of winter, with all the lights and sights around us. The staff welcomed our guests that visited us and gave us all umbrellas as we ventured out to dinner on a rainy Saturday night. My husband and I enjoyed the buffet breakfast whilst feeling secure enough to leave our teenagers up in the room sleeping in and enjoying cable tv. Bravo Wyndham, we will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Ruth L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor.

I'm so glad to hear your enjoyed your stay with us, it sounds like you had a great time!

It's also great to hear you would recommend us to your friends and family and that you will return.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back next time you travel to Surfers Paradise

Thank you again Ruth!

The Team at Wyndham Surfers Paradise

Been to Wyndham Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!