“Great unit, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Circle on Cavill

You added Mantra Circle on Cavill to your Saves list
Mantra Circle on Cavill
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Ferny Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Sydney, Australia
“Great unit, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

Spent 3 nights in a 2 bedroom unit which was a great unit (very large living areas and kitchen) with magnificent views over the waterways, a 6 min walk to the beach, a $25 taxi ride to the newest Robina shopping mall, and a $55 taxi ride to Coolangatta airport.. You can catch a taxi at any time just around the corner of the building. Biggest downfall is the clear lack of happy reception staff who were not able to smile at any time during our stay . The larger pool is a good size but doesn't get sun during the afternoon, but it is nice and cool and 11/2 metres in depth all over. Plenty of good restaurants and coffee lounges minutes away.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
NeilMunro, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on your recent visit.

I am pleased that the property location and facilities lived up to your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

I was dissappointed to hear your feedback regarding the reception staff, but I am pleased to advise that we have just recruited a new Front Office Manager that will ensure that this changes with immediate effect

Neil Munro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Mackay, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

our family was due to travel from mackay in central queensland to brisbane and then on to the gold coast for a short holiday.our friends in brisbane rang on the thursday and asked us not to come due to the floods,i then rang lastminute,com and they said that i would have to wait until day of travel to see if i could get a refund,i rang on the monday after checking the RACQ website(royal automobile club of queensland) which stated there are major impacts to all central qld roads with further disruptions likely.as this is a 12 hour drive from mackay who knew when we would arrive at the gold coast. after numerous phone calls i could change my travel date from today 17.01.11 to the end of january but the children go back to school on the 24.01.11 and i had to let them know before 2 pm today.so please dont get caught out with the mantra/breakfree group as they are quick to take your money but make it impossible for any refunds or exchanges when queensland has been hit so hard by the floods.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking time to post feedback on your recent experience with Circle on Cavill.

Unfortunately there were many disruptions through the recent floodings and I'm sorry that you were affected. I feel our property took a very simpathetic approach to all cancellation requests and we would certainly not have only offered an extension of 2 weeks in which to move your booking. If you are able to contact me directly and advise the person that you spoke with, I would be more than happy to sort something out with you.

I look forward to hearing from you so that we can change your negative experience into a positive one with the Mantra Group

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights, we arrived early on the 31st, early check in was not possible because they are full (understandable, its holidays). So we left our luggages there and had a look around, the room was ready by 2PM. I was surprised by the size of the room, it was large. The reception Guy was okay too. If you are using the Surfside/Coachtrans/Translink Buses to theme parks, it is very convenient because the bus stop is just right across the street. All you basically need are very close to this hotel. Highly recommended! =) Especially for families, you can maybe get the 2-3 bedroom apartments though.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
NeilMunro, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this review, January 16, 2011
Dear Guest

Many thanks for choosing to stay at Circle on Cavill and provide your feedback for TA followers.

I am pleased that we met all of your expectations over what is probably our busiest period. The large spacious rooms are ideal for the family and the location is fantastic for all of your bus routes and eating outlets

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

Spent 3 nights over Christmas at Mantra Circle on Cavill on the 42nd floor (North Tower). We've stayed here before so was glad that the room standards were still very good. Huge room with spa and all the modern facilities. Although there were some wear and tear it's still looking good.

Yes there is clear glass separating the bathroom and bedroom, but there're also blinds you can use so you don't have to see everything going on in there.

Remember to take your room key because you need it everywhere you go, I forgot one time and was stuck in the lift and couldn't get to the carpark.

The location is fantastic, close to everything with a supermarket right downstairs.

If I had to complain I would say the carpark was hard to navigate if you have a larger car!

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Circle on Cavill for your visit and providing feedback for TA followers.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with our location. Being centrally located is one of our best selling points.

I take on board you comment about the car park, but would be happy to assist with a better allocated car park on your next visit

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010 via mobile

The rooms are very nice and the price wasn't bad. The rooms are very modern and the kitchen is well kitted out which is good given the IGA downstairs. My biggest gripe us that I arrived at 1200 and they told me to fill in the forms to expedite check in. They then sent me away until 1400 as they couldnt check me in before then. I arrived back at 1415 and had to wait in a long queue. When I got to the front of the queue they sent me away again until 1500 as my room wasn't ready. I came back at 1520 and was told my room still wasn't ready. At this point they offered me a different room on the 5th floor instead of the 14th which I took due to really wanting to kick back after 24 hours of flying. The queues at reception are really quite prohibitive and having to line up three times stretched the patience. Once in, the room was fantastic.

• Stayed December 2010
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay.

I apologise for the wait on your room not being ready. We were extremely busy over that period which had our Housekeeping stretched. I will pass on your feedback to the Housekeeping and Front Office teams to ensure we eliminate this sort of feedback in the future

I am pleased you did enjoy the room and the rest of you stay once you were in the room

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

We booked a ocean view 2 bedroom apartment. It was wonderful as we a had both sea and river views. huge apartment with really nice bathtub which my son really enjoyed. Superb location- we didn't have to book a car during the first few days as we could easily take a bus to theme parks and harbour town which offered outlet shopping. There were many eateries and retail shops which is located beside the building. IGA is just right next to entrance which made it so convenient. Aqua duck is just right opposite of the apartment lain we only had to walk 5 minutes to the beach. Hard Rock Cafe is 3 minutes walk if it's any interest to anyone.
Only complaint is - bed bugs! Otherwise would rate this 6 out of 5. Would definitely recommend this to those looking for convenient location and very well appointed unit.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Dear BabyUm

Many thanks for taking the time to post feedback of your recent stay on TA.

I am pleased that you and your family had a great time during your visit and managed to see much of the town by just walking! Positioned right in the centre of town, there is no better location.

We look forward to welcoming you back

Regards

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

I found the apartment to be very modern with lovely furniture and decor. It was spacious and had amazing views from the bedroom, bath, and toilet (!) due to glass walls in the bathroom and bedroom. Great location right next to lots of shops, restaurants and bars. Only issues were that the carpets had a lot off suspicious-looking crusty white stains, and that the location could be noisy due to other patrons having parties and pubs dumping their glassware in bins at all hours of the morning.

Dear Amber

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments on TA.

I am pleased you enjoyed you visit with us and next time you travel from Perth, we would be grateful to have you back.

I would also be grateful if you advise the room number you stayed so that I can check the carpet, as this is not up to our high standards.

Neil Munro

Been to Mantra Circle on Cavill? Share your experiences!