“Getting Very Nervous!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Circle on Cavill

Save Saved
You added Mantra Circle on Cavill to your Saves list
Mantra Circle on Cavill
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Ferny Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Stay Longer and Save
Ranked #23 of 74 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
“Getting Very Nervous!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

After reading reviews regularly ever since I booked our accommodation with this hotel it is making me very nervous about our stay here. All I want to do is relax and have a great time without any issues.....We chose to stay at a more expensive apartment thinking we would get better service even though there were plenty of other reasonably priced with great reviews. The main problems seem to be lengthy waits to check in and also very poor standard of cleanliness......I hope they can sort these issues out before we get there because the last thing I want to do on the only break from work I get each year is to spend my time complaining about the standard of service that I have paid very good money for?? Crossing all my fingers!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Katie S, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Please don't get nervous - if you are then drop us an email before your stay with your booking details and we can make sure you have an amazing experience with us. Remember, Tripadvisor is a channel where guests can leave both positive and negative feedback. We appreciate hearing the great traveller tips and also the bits we get wrong so we can improve. We look forward to welcoming all of our future guests to the property. Circle.res@mantra.com.au

Katie Scholes - General Manager

820 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were on our family vacation of 2 weeks (Celebrating our Wedding Anniversary and My Husbands 45th Surprise Birthday) and our last vacation was Mantra Circle on Cavill, I was so looking forward to staying at this resort, seen a lot of good reviews about the resort, but what a disappointment, this was a surprise for my husbands 45th Birthday and his parents were flying in from overseas, wow, never again. I phoned to advise that we were checking out of one resort and heading straight to Circle on Cavill and was advised that we should be able to check in earlier than 2pm, that was not the case. I was greated by a member of your staff at check in who was rude and he made sure we didn't get to check in before 2pm. When we finally checked into the 3 Bedroom Apartment on the 53rd Floor that was assigned to us, what a disgrace. The room wasn't cleaned properly, the windows dirty, the furniture old, dirty, damaged, the air-conditioning was only working in the living area, not the bedrooms, went down to reception late that afternoon to complain and nothing was done about it. I let it go thinking someone will get back to me the next day, that didn’t happen. From there nothing went right, made a complaint about a bad sewerage smell coming from the kitchen sink, cleaners arrived late that night but the problem wasn’t fixed. Our accommodation included a Mantra Refresh each day, which didn’t happen until I complained about 3 times and finally they came just before we were going to bed and just left the towels behind, that’s not what I was supposed to receive. All I wanted to do was to go home, I requested to be moved or my money back, both were ignored by your reception staff. I was so angry and I wanted to speak to the Manager, but I spoke to the supervisor on duty instead who was very nice, but still nothing happened, I received that night a small box of chocolates and a thirty dollar voucher to spend downstairs at a coffee shop (which had to be used the day we were checking out, which was the next day), well that’s not good enough, we didn’t pay $1781.10 for that. I am just letting you know that you should be embarrased about this, as I said to the staff at reception, Mantra needs to live up to its name but it didn’t in this instance. When I booked the 3 Bedroom Apartment at Mantra Circle on Cavill – 4.5 Star Resort - you show beautiful pictures of the apartments of what you should be getting but actually that is not what you get you should be ashamed of yourselves. When we go on holidays we only stay at Mantra Resorts, because I like what I see and get, and Mantra has a very good name for themselves, but I have never ever had a problem like this before. I would like to be contacted by the Manager of Mantra with an explanation of why this occurred and why wasn’t it rectified right at the beginning.

Room Tip: Ask for a Mantra Room (4.5 Star) not a 3 star accommodation.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Vesna S

I am trying to work out when you stayed so I can look into your feedback.

Please can you call me or email through the details so I can investigate your comments further, circle.res@mantra.com.au

Katie Scholes
South Coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Upon arriving we were forced to wait 3 hours past our check in time as they had not cleaned the rooms in time, and to add to the frustration they did not take our luggage so we had to sit across the road in a park in high 30 degree temperature for several hours. After finally getting into our room it was a utter mess, with several holes in the wall and marks and dirt all over the apartment. After we had happily left the hotel a week later we were notified that we were being charged for the damage to room prior our arrival, $400 worth. Luckily we had taken photos and reported the damage, although it still took a good month for them to acknowledge that we did not cause the damage. I would highly recommend to everyone to stay away from this hotel as they are nothing but money hungry con artists with minimal customer service and cleaning abilities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Katie S, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Han453 - wow that's a harsh review!! If we have upset you in any way we want to hear from you so we can resolve this directly with you. Please email us at the property; circle.res@mantra.com.au so we can fully investigate your stay and feedback to resolve this with you as this is not a true reflection of our property or usually high customer service and room standard. We have a luggage store in our main ground floor lobby along with a lovely newly renovated lobby lounge area for guests to enjoy on arrival to the property, unsure why we would send anyone to sit in the park across the road!!
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards, Katie Scholes
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Well, we just left again after another brilliant holiday in another fabulous apartment. We love the views and the space, so light and bright and airy. Being the Christmas Holidays it was very busy but everyone is enjoying their holiday and everything Surfers Paradise has to offer. Like many other reviewers we too didn't use our car at all, we parked it up and walked everywhere and found the location to be perfect for dining, shopping and the beach. The staff were great, they helped us out with a few tours, we finally went on a river cruise which was a great way to see a bit more of the area. We even phoned down one evening for some more fresh towels and they appeared without a fuss. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay as both times we have stayed we have been very happy!

Room Tip: We don't like heights and even the views on the low floors are amazing!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Katie S, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Elaine M

Great to see your review following on from your return stay with us over the Christmas Holidays. It is also great to see your tips for other travellers on day tours and activities around Surfers Paradise. There is so much to enjoy about the location and we can't wait to welcome you back next time.

Kind Regards
Katie Scholes
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

First impression - a little bit not enough. Arriving at the reception - staff a little bit unprofessional. Getting up to the room - not clean enough - cracks and marks on the walls, beds a little bit messy, cutlery still dirty, broken glass on the balcony. The view makes up to all of that though. We were on 38th floor and it was amazing.
Would be an amazing place to stay if they raised they standards a little bit.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Julie G, Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
YEOUCH! That doesn’t sound right, Anna L. There’s no excuse for an unclean apartment, I hope you contacted our Assistant Manager to sort this out straight away.

It’s our goal to ensure all our guests are well looked after.

It’s pleasing to read you enjoyed the views. Level 38 has wide sweeping costal and hinterland views which are to DIE FOR!! I hope you come back and experience the true Mantra Circle on Cavill experience.
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Booked a month in advance of arrival... pretty specific
Room Type 2 Bedroom Ocean Spa Apartment
No Sharing 3 Adult
Check In Date 27.12.2012
Check Out Date 30.12.2012
Estimated Arrival Time 14:00
Special Requests
Queen size beds in each room please
Total Rate Package $ 1,696.00
Not specific enough though... booked a second room for an additional family member at same time.
Arrived at ~16:30 and queued for 15 minutes. Neither room was ready - 2-hours after we'd been told we could check-in (called the previous afternoon). Half hour later... one room in North tower, an hour later one in South tower.... common access point 4th floor. Only 2-keys available per room.
Twin beds in one room (note request for Queen size... eventually made up ~4-hours later)

Room on 35th floor - terrific views. Can't fault the outlook from that level. Great views from bedrooms, lounge and kitchen - open plan. Excellent location for shopping, eating and beach access. Free and secure guest parking.

Relatively clean - beds made-up and towels changed daily. Washing machine, dryer and iron working. Laundry powder provided. Kitchen - well stocked with the usual; crockery, cutlery, glasses etc plus microwave and dishwasher.

What worked... all the above plus television
What did not... the night bolt on door, the safe, the CD player, hairdryer switch.
What was damaged but hanging-in-there.. broken sofa-back, curtain partially off-track, clothes dryer filter holder. Furniture in general pretty knocked about.
Plain grubby... the sticking fridge door, 3-week old docket under bed (when twin beds moved together!). Hint: don't move bed or furniture and it keeps looking clean!

The gym and pools are in good order though the extensive signage, e.g. no diving, is ignored as neither place appears to have attendants.

Regular maintenance and thorough cleaning appears to be avoided - hardly surprising given the observed efficiency and interest of the management (after the abysmal check-in my daughter was told assured she'd be contacted by phone by the manager... never happened)

Would I go back? Unlikely. Would I recommend to a tourist? No - you can do much better.

Room Tip: If booking multiple rooms make it very clear IF you want them on the same floor AND the same tower...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your review, LoKim.

I’ve had a look into your booking through our detailed hotel log. We were sitting at 100% occupancy during this time. Sometimes things don’t go to plan when we turn around our rooms; the last thing we want is for a guest to check into an unclean room, so we appreciate the flexibility our guests give us.

I can see that you were checked into your first room within 10 mins of arriving into the hotel, so it’s pleasing to see you were able to get into one room to relax. I also note that you were given a complimentary lazy noon check out (2 hours after our designated check out time) to compensate you for the short delay of getting you into your second apartment.

I’m unsure why you didn’t let our team know what was wrong with your room during your stay, but for any future readers please talk to us during our stay if anything requires attention in the apartment or you are simply not happy with something, at least then we can fix it.

I’m sorry we weren’t able to turn your frown upside down during your stay. It’s our goal to make sure every guest walks out with a smile on their dial! :)
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

M.y partner and I stayed there in early 2012. The room was impressive to say the least, light, airy, impeccably presented. The open plan layout worked wonderfully, up to date kitchen and bathroom. I could live in this room.
Staff were extremely helpful, the location is perfect, a short walk to all amenities. Only downside (and a small one) is the labrynth doubling as a carpark. GPS def required to find car and exit. All in all a great expreience though.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
scholesynz, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Russ W, thank you for your review from your stay on the Gold Coast, you must be busy catching up with your reviews from your travels this year! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and also to comment on the presentation, cleanliness and amazing apartment so much so that you go as far as saying you Loved it!!

We hope to see you again up on the sunny Gold Coast in 2013.

Thanks again

Been to Mantra Circle on Cavill? Share your experiences!