“Needs improvement” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Circle on Cavill

You added Mantra Circle on Cavill to your Saves list
Mantra Circle on Cavill
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Ferny Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Melbourne, Australia
“Needs improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I decided to take my mom here from Mother's Day weekend. Check in was very simple with a pleasant receptionist.

Our room was located in the south tower on the 21st floor looking at the river view. Room was spacious but the apartment smelt like cigarette smoke. Down side of this apartment was the room wasn't clean and the cleaners lefted dirty towels in the study room. Room service needs major improvement because we weren't so happy!

Apartment block is close the the cavill mall only few minutes walk so didn't have to drive out to eat out.

• Stayed May 2011
NeilMunro, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post comments on your recent stay on TA

I am pleased your check in experience and your room allocation were pleasant. I have spoken to the Housekeeper regarding your comments on the cleaniness and would like to offer our apologies that it was not upto our usual standard. I can assure you the corrective measures have been taken and hope you will take the opportunity to revisit on your next trip to the Gold Coast

Regards

Neil Munro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

After reading the reviews I was skeptical of the front desk staff, however, I was met by a lovely lady who was very pleasant and extremely helpful and courteous. We booked a wot hotel deal and were pleasantly surprised to be in such a fantastic location. We booked a one bedroom spa apartment and although it was only on level 5, the interior was second to no other place we have stayed in. Lovely furnishings. The attention to detail even gave us ideas for renovating our our unit. We are heading back in a couple of weeks for another short stay but hopefully they put us on a higher level (fingers crossed) as that was the only draw back. Perhaps they put the wot deal customers on the lower levels...but like I said, location and interior was fantastic!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
NeilMunro, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post your "5 Star" comments.

I am please you took the opportunity to try our resort after reading all of the comments and it has paid off for you. Please feel feel to contact me and i will ensure that you get that higher level you were after!

Many thanks

Robina, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed in Surfers Paradise and we opted on Circle on Cavill. The apartments are very modern, the front office service was great but without doubt the views from the apartments really are something special. The resort has everything you could wish for with three pools, sauna, cinema and cafes and bars at yout doorstep.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Many thanks for sharing comments on TA over your recent stay at Circle on Cavill.

I am please that we were able to deliver great customer service, views and facilities...

I look forward to welcoming you back at the resort in the near future

Regards

Melb, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

My husband and I and our 2 small children recently stayed at Circle on Cavill in a "1 bedroom + 1".. The description indicated 1 queen and 1 double. I assumed (naively) that this would mean one master bedroom and perhaps a smallish room or study with the double bed, which would have suited our needs really well.

Unfortunately, when we arrived we understood it's actually only 1 bedroom. There is a small area or "alcove" as you walk in, adjacent to the living area, with a sofa which folds out to a double bed. This was a little disappointing as I had been anticipating our 2 children would share the "small room". We ended up having our youngest in our room & my daughter slept on the sofa bed. She didn't get to sleep most nights though until late as the TV was disturbing her.

Another minor note was the small amount of crockery & cutlery & other items. I realise the apartment was for a maximum of 4 people, but it would have been great to have more than 4 plates, 4 bowls, 4 glasses, 4 forks, etc.. There were 4 towels, no bathmat, no face washer. We ended up using one of the towels for a bathmat & my children had to share a towel.

When I initially folded out the sofa I realised the sheets hadn't been changed from the last guests (I won't go into details here), but this was rectified quickly.

This is sounding like a huge whinge, but apart from these things the room was lovely & clean with lots of storage. Great view. Great location. Great local facilities. Perfect for a couple.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post comments on your recent stay on trip advisor.

Whilst I am pleased that you were happy with the location of the property and its locations, I am disappointed that the bedding and crockery didnt meet your expectations.

Should you wish to take the opportunity to revisit Cricle on Cavill, I would be happy to show you around the various room types to ensure that they meet your expectations

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

If you are looking for good value accommodation at Surfers Paradise, Circle on Cavill will not disappoint. It is so central to the beach, mall, shops, public transport to the theme parks and restaurants/clubs. It was our third visit and we had four nights in a spacious 2 bedroom apartment with fabulous views of the ocean/coast, city skyline and the main river. Pay a little more for an ocean view. Just a bus ride away to the theme parks from the front door and the cruise boats also depart across the road from the lobby. Plenty of restaurants around but we cooked some of our meals in the well equiped kitchen. There is an IGA supermarket downstairs and Coles and Woolies are a block away. There are 3 pools and a good gym. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The apartments are very spacious and have nice big balconies with tables and chairs. The city lights up at night and dinner on the balcony was a treat. Other apartment blocks on the beachfront have a boring black ocean view at night (except on full moon) but you know you are living it up at Gold Coast when you are in Circle on Cavill. There is a strict "no party" policy, well enforced by the security.

Room Tip: Southeast 2 bedders in Tower 1 are spacious
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
NeilMunro, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post some feedback on your recent stay at Circle on Cavill

I really appreciate the feedback and will be sharing it with my team. You have also pointed out many of the selling features of the property which I hope many followers of Trip Advisor take the opportunity of booking.

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and the Staff and I look forward to welcoming you back at the property in the near future

Perth, Western Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Check-in process wasn't smooth. Hotel receptionist couldn't find my personal details as their system 'sometimes' registered 'First name' as 'Last name' and 'Last name' as 'First name' when booked thru their site. This is a known problem. Even when supplied with a reference number, Hotel receptionist told me that it was of no use.

Even when asked if there is wifi available, Hotel receptionist replied "Nothing is free here. You'll have to pay'.

After all the confusions, Hotel receptionist found my booking by using my 'First name' as Last name. No apologies was given.

Overall, stay was ok. Check-out time is at 10am and any late check-out will incur an extra AUD$20/hour.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay at Circle on Cavill

I am extremely disappointed to hear about your check in experience and the fact that a receptionist has taken the opportunity make a statement which is very much incorrect.

You will read from other posts that we have been working very hard at the front counter to raise the bar in terms of the guest experience both at check in and during their stay.

I would like to invite you to contact me so that I can look into this further

Vanuatu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed in a 1 bedroom spa apartment which had a great set up, thoroughly loved the spa bath, waterviews, decent sized balcony and air conditioning. Rooms are self contained which is great if you're staying for awhile.
We use to live in Surfers so wanted to be right amongst the action on our holiday home, but without the noise of the nightclubs - we didn't hear a sound while we slept, we were on the 23rd storey.
Will definitely be staying here on our return trips home. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask to be as high up as possible!
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post comments on your recent stay at Circle on Cavill

It is fantastic feedback and I will share with the team who have been working hard to ensure everyone has an enjoyable stay

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Neil Munro

Been to Mantra Circle on Cavill? Share your experiences!