“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

60 The Esplanade, Surfers Paradise, Queensland QLD 4217, Australia   |
Sydney, Australia
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

If you want to come to Surfers Paradise, the Olympus Apartments are definitely the place to stay. Not only do you get spectacular ocean views (floor 5 & up for the best views), you can Whale Watch from your balcony (during June-Nov), stroll 2 blocks into the Heart of Surfers Paradise or see Margaret downstairs at reception for lots of goodies to hire at affordable prices (or in off season when its quiet she'll let you rent them for free) to head down to the beach with. You won't find any friendlier managers, you will leave wanting to come back again. Thank you Margaret & Alan, you guys are fantastic and we can't wait to be back on the Sunny Gold Coast in January.

Room Tip: Higher floors are definitely more worth it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Amazing ocean views from dawn to dusk in our 9th floor apartment. Room is very clean with complete amenities. Beach, shops, bars and tourist attractions are just a walk from our location. The management team of Margaret and Alan are excellent. They are like our parents. My family just loved the place - Surfers Paradise and Gold Coast in general. Our two weeks stay is not enough. But every holiday has to come to an end. We need to work hard and look forward for the next one. See you soon Olympus apartments!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Me and my partner stayed here last weekend and really enjoyed the break. We stayed on the 4th floor and the views were amazing. The location is really excellent as you are meters away from the beach and just a 5 minuite stroll away from the shops and Cavill avenue. It a bit like a home away from home. Youve got your wasing machine, dryer, the cooking facilities are good. Hob, oven, toaster, microwave, kettle and all necessary utensils. There is free basement parking, this was brillant as we barely moved the car for the whole trip as we were able to walk everywhere. it is a little bit noisy but I would not expect any different while staying in a busy seaside location. The only thing i could fault is that it does not have any airconditioning, I can imagine it would get quite hot in the summer as the doors and windows are floor to ceiling glass panes. I would definatly come back here again as the price is very reasonable and the staff are very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The views over the ocean are spectacular and the location is perfect. Due to their positioning to maximise the views, the apartments do lose the sun early (from about 11:30am in August).

The room was bright, airy, clean and fully functional. The pool is also really pleasant and not crowded.

During the week, we found the apartment very peaceful and relaxing. However, we stayed over two weekends and both weekends we got very little sleep due to the fact there were loud parties with music and shouting in the room next door until 2am. Surfer’s is a magnet for young party-goers, so I’m sure this would probably occur no matter where you stayed during the weekend.

The Wi-Fi was terrible - slower than dial-up and constantly dropping out. Very frustrating!

All in all a lovely place to stay, but improving the wi-fi and not allowing big groups over the weekend would make it better.

Postcript: After posting my review on Tripadvisor, the hotel manager emailed me asking me to remove my review because it was “cruel”, “defamatory” and “not true”. A somewhat hysterical reaction to a review that rated their hotel 4/5, I thought! She assured me the wifi had been improved and that there are now “safeguards in place to make sure they do not accept groups over the weekends.” Welcome improvements. However, I don’t appreciate being approached by the hotel manager directly and basically being called a liar for writing an honest account of my experiences. I shared the positive and the negative because that’s what Tripadvisor is about. I mentioned the weekend noise because it could be a problem for elderly or convalescing guests. And I mentioned the wi-fi because it would be a real issue for business travellers. Rather than bullying guests to remove reviews, they should take constructive criticism on board and make improvements. Hopefully they have in this case.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Gladstone, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I chose Olympus apartments for 2 reasons. It was in the same block as the conference I was going to and it was right on the beachfront. I stayed with my daughter and her 15 month old baby on the second floor (room 7). Waking up to the sunrise over the water was a lovely experience, but I had not accounted for how noisy it would be, which took a little getting used to. The apartments themselves are older but still quite comfortable and they are fully self contained and had laundry facility in the main bathroom, an ensuite which was a nice surprise and a balcony overlooking the beach. They didn't seem to have heating in the rooms (we were there in Winter), so I was glad to have taken my doona with me. I would probably stay there again but would request a much higher floor mainly because there was a lot of noise from the street below. All rooms face the oceanfront and have glass from floor to ceiling, so sunrise is lovely. The staff were delightful and we were allowed to leave our car in the park after checkout which saved us finding somewhere else to park for the last day of the seminar. This motel is walking distance to almost everything in Surfer's Paradise and there are so many different eateries to choose from. I thought I was in heaven. You really must try Tampinyaka (pretty sure that's spelt incorrectly), but it's worth the experience. To recap: older building, comfortable, fully self contained, laundry, ensuite, spectacular views, lots of street noise and ocean noise on lower floors, friendly staff, walking distance to most things, did I mention the view.

Room Tip: I would recommend this hotel, but be sure to request a higher floor to avoid some of the street nois...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Petaling Jaya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Very strategic location; located at Surfer Paradise...in front of the beach.
Walking distance to Cavil Ave. There's plenty of souvenir stores around the corner.

Apartment comes with free wifi and foxtel. Kitchen has all the necessary utensils. Balcony is facing beach...which has a magnicificant view! Rooms come with extra pillows and blankets.

Definitely will stay here again in our next visit.

Staff was friendly and no hassle in late check-in and early check out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
taranaki NZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

If you are going to Surfers for a break why not stay where all you can see is the sea and all you can hear is the waves. book a high floor unit and you can lie in bed in ther mornings and only see sunrise and the sea from your bed.very good hosts as well and a tasty tid bit of things to do in the lift every day. Multi channel foxtel gives full coverage of all news and sport

Room Tip: Requst a high floor (above floor 5 for views
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Olympus Apartments? Share your experiences!