“Faulty Towers” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Rockhampton
Sydney
“Faulty Towers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

My sister and I stayed here for 4 nights. We had a room on the 5th floor which was quiet, comfortable and clean. The staff were pleasant and very helpful. The only problem we experienced was that the air conditioning broke down on the last two days. It was supposedly fixed on the second last day, but broke down again on the last day. I wouldn't recommend the restaurant. We ordered barramundi but the fish we were served was definitely not barramundi and the vegetables were almost inedible. The wine list had no information regarding the wine - just the name. I asked the waitress where a particular wine came from (ie which region) - the answer "the bottle shop on the other side of the carpark"!!

Room Tip: Fifth floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Townsville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

I stayed here with my Family 2 weeks ago. The room was neat and well appointed but that is about where the positives end. After unloading our luggage my 10y/o daughter asked what bed bugs looked like.....after reassuring her that there would not be bed bugs I had a quick look to what she was looking at and noticed a flea on the bed spread. At the same ti me my wife noticed one on her leg. A quick call to reception and we were met with vague indifference, and asked if we were leaving. I convinced my wife to stay, and to be moved to another room which turned out to be the wrong move. The reception staff came and gave us the key to our new room and promptly left, not in the least bit interested in what we had found. Regardless the rest of the night was uneventful. In the morning we packed and headed down to what we were told would be a buffet breakfast (told over the phone when booking). It turns out that there was no buffet at all, and that bacon, eggs and tomato was all that was on offer. I asked if there was any yoghurt available to be told bluntly that they had sold out....at 7am on a Sunday morning..... Anyways on checking out we advised that we were not happy with a) our room, or b) how we were treated and were again met with indifference. We were assured that the Motels manager would call us within 2 days but surprisingly no one has called us after 2 weeks. I strongly recommend against staying at this place - there are many nicer and less expensive places to stay in Rockhampton.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

We stayed one night and got a lovely room with an awesome view of Rocky and the mountains. Room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Staff were pleasant too.

• Stayed December 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

My partner and I travel to Rockhampton often we try a new place to stay each visit, this hotel's customer service was disgraceful. The rooms had loud aircon, paint pealing off the walls and roof, bad TV reception and the walls seem paper thin! the duty manager patronized me when first checking in to hotel letting me know i was in a 4 stat hotel. I have traveled the world and stayed in a large variety of accommodation from camping to 5 star luxury and this would have to be up there with the worst! Come for a beer but wouldn't stay ever again!

• Stayed October 2011
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I enjoyed a Deluxe Queen room on the 5th floor at the front of the building for an overnight business trip. I was told the rooms at the front of the hotel were all renovated 2 years ago and they look very stylish with modern bathrooms. Don't be deceived by the dated exterior. I enjoyed a very nice cooked breakfast of bacon and eggs for only $8 and it was delicious. This convinced me to try one of their $12 lunches and it too was delicious. It was a very short walk to the central shopping centre and all city shops.
I was so pleased with the quality of the rooms, the service and restaurant meals that I have booked another two nights here on my way to north Queensland in 2 months time.

Room Tip: I was warned by work colleagues to never book a room in the rear tower as they've never been ren...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Toowoomba, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

Stayed on business for one night. Modern rooms above the hotel. Service from staff are average but would stay again if I was just looking for a clean, modern and resonably priced room.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Maryborough, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor about the discount rooms at the Leichhardt Hotel in Rockhampton Queensland, I was immediately worried about the booking that I had made for a week in early March 2011. I stayed at the hotel for 6 nights and found it to be excellent value for money. Sure, the rooms are basic and have not been renovated for many years. Yes, you can find a couple of stains on the carpet and marks on the walls and doors. However the room that I was allocated was very clean - and kept cleaned every day. The beds were comfortable and supplied some of the best pillows that I have slept on in any hotel regardless of price. The room was air-conditioned had its own shower and toilet and was more quiet a lot of more expensive hotels. There were fresh towels supplied every day and a working refrigerator and television. All of this for less than $40.00 per night! Tell me where I can get a better deal? I stayed at the Leichhardt for six nights. If you want five star luxuries in a modern hotel then it is not for you. If you want somewhere clean, comfortable and cheap with all the same facilities then I would strongly recommend the Leichhardt Hotel in Rockhampton.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Leichhardt Hotel Rockhampton? Share your experiences!