“Perfect for stopover” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Cattle City Motor Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Cattle City Motor Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Cattle City Motor Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   139 Gladstone Rd | Allenstown, Rockhampton, Queensland 4700, Australia   |
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Rockhampton
“Perfect for stopover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely perfect for a stopover in rockhampton. You can park right outside your room, you have cable TV, clean and tidy bedroom, en suite bathroom with all the toiletries you need, comfortable beds, air conditioning, mini bar etc. Wifi is also good.

Not sure what else you could ask for for a quick stopover- friendly service as well.

Stayed January 2014
Kathy1960, Manager at BEST WESTERN Cattle City Motor Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hi Nicky,
Thank you for taking the time to post this review.
We are happy that you enjoyed our motel
We look forward to seeing you again when next you pass through Rockhampton.
Have a great day.

Peter & Kathy Boland
BEST WESTERN Cattle City Motor Inn
Rockhampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Collinsville, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I checked in on spec. There were only two family rooms available, the rate I got was $135. The gentleman at check-in was great, warm, welcoming and friendly. Was the room worth the price? Honestly no. There was a wafting odour (smelt a bit like urine but may have just been damp, not constant, it would just assault your nostrils at random intervals). The cold water tap in the bathroom requires the strength of Hercules to turn it off. There were a couple of short hairs on the bed linen and a dead insect on the pillow (probably not their fault). I requested fresh milk which never turned up. Parking is problematic, it took a couple of goes for me to get my Ford Focus into a park between a pole and another car, good luck in a 4wd, just weren't any other parks. For 28.50 I ordered what was described as pan fried reef fish with crispy potatoes and veges in lemon butter sauce. Fish was a little overcooked, potatoes were as far from crispy as it is possible to, but the veges were nice and fresh - a bit overpriced for what it was, but it's a motel and sometimes it comes down to paying for convenience. I ordered fruit salad and a latte for breakfast. The fruit salad was lovely, the latte was made on UHT milk and I can't stand the taste of it and so I couldn't drink it. The manager was apologetic for all of this but I would never stay again.

Room Tip: This hotel has both ground floor and first floor rooms. It is right on the highway so try to get so...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Kathy1960, Owner at BEST WESTERN Cattle City Motor Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Hi Patricia,
As we have previously apologised when you made this review through Best Western, there is not a lot more I can say. However, what I didn't tell you was my wife had taken ill on the night you stayed which left me to run the Reception, Restaurant & Bar all at the same time, I know this was not your problem & I am sorry that I unintentionally forgot to send up your fresh milk, but had you called down to reception with a reminder I would have got it up to you immediately. You also left after Breakfast in the morning without even calling into reception (which I was still manning) to return your key & to advise us of your disappointment other than doing so hiding behind your pen on a global forum. I can only apologise again and hope that in the future you give someone the opportunity to correct any mistakes.

Regards
Peter
Ripley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel was a welcome stop over for us on our trip up the east coast.We had driven 6 hours from Hervey Bay heading for the Whitsunday's so this was a good place to stay to break up our long journey.
The room was very clean and so was the bed, we had a nice meal in the resturant and breakfast was good the next morning.Peter & Kathy who run the place and very nice and helpful and we enjoyed the pretend auction of the French girl in the bar .
The only negative thing to say is that we were woken about 1am with a group of ' cattle men' still drinking outside their room and they where quite noisy.
Overall a good stay and it's good for a stop over but maybe not for much longer.
Thanks a lot Joanne& Keith

Room Tip: Ask for quite room if possible
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

- The beds were dirty (as if large chunks of sand were at the bottom of the double and single beds)
- The spa/pool was non-functioning. When I broached the issue of the spa/pool not working properly, I was told, “Well to be honest, when I was here a few months ago, the spa wasn’t working properly then either. And now the owner believes it to be a hazard as children and spas don’t go well together. So it’s not supposed to be working”. Ignoring an issue does not solve it. The spa/pool should have been blocked off instead of just sitting there.
- The road entrance was dangerous. It was difficult to pull into the driveway, especially if there was another car in front of the reception area. The parking spaces were extremely small. If someone parked beside our car, my husband could not open the door enough to enter the vehicle.
- The restaurant is expensive/over priced.
- The staff were friendly and helpful. They just had a "my hands are tied" attitude about our issues.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gosford, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

was a cheap and cheerfull room, only downside is the lack of parking. We went out for dinner and upon our return was no parking left so we had to park on the street. wi-fi is also a bit wierd in that only one device at a time can be connected which is annoying when more than one person has a laptop with them in the room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy1960, Manager at BEST WESTERN Cattle City Motor Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Good morning,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, as this is sometimes the only way we know when our staff & relief managers are not following our guidelines or if there is a problem with our facilities.
With our Wi-Fi provider there is only 1 password per device but you can obtain a separate password for as many devices as you wish. I'm sorry this was not relayed to you.

We hope the you will continue to stay as Best Western properties.

Happy travels.
Kathy Boland
Manager
Gympie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Wow, what friendly and helpful staff. Kathy was fantastic as too was Nikita.

Great room, clean, neat, quiet. I enjoyed my stay here, and will stay here every time I'm in Rocky.
You must try the dining room, the steaks are great. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a very personable friendly hotel. Recommend on that alone. I stay in a lot of motels and there are only one in fifty who can remember your name. This is the one in fifty. There is some road noise but not excessive. I have had a lot worse. The room was clean, the bed comfy and the service exceptional.

Room Tip: Request a room as far from the road. If you have significant luggage ask for a ground level room. No...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Cattle City Motor Inn? Share your experiences!