“Good for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Centrepoint Motor Inn

You added Centrepoint Motor Inn to your Saves list
Centrepoint Motor Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   131 George Street, Rockhampton, Queensland 4700, Australia (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Rockhampton
“Good for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We paid $99 for the night when we were driving through. The room was clean but the bathroom wasn't very modern. The taps in the shower were very sensitive with the hot water being tricky. Not a lot of pressure from the shower head. We filled out the form for the room service breakfast in the morning but when we handed it in we were told it wasn't available. Mattress was not that comfortable. Old style air con but works well enough

• Stayed July 2012
centrepoint131, Manager at Centrepoint Motor Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write your review regarding your stay here with us at Centrepoint.

We do value our guests feedbacks. This is were we can improve our customers needs and try to endeavour that they are met.

Hope in your future travels to Rockhampton you will visit us again.

Safe travels

Janet and John Cortney
Motel Managers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Biloela, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed here for one night in June 2012. Located on the main highway not far from McDonalds, Hungry Jacks and an assortment of other eateries. All within walking distance. There is also a small supermarket nearby.

Efficient, friendly check in by Kerry at reception. Provided with a small carton of fresh milk.
Double room on ground floor ($99 booked through hotel website) appeared clean and fresh upon arrival. There were also rooms located upstairs - no lift available for those with walking impediments or having to drag bags etc.

The room had double bed with side tables and bed lights. Air con, flat screen tv, small fridge, table and chairs, sofa, microwave and tea making facilities. There was also a stocked mini bar. There was an ironing board and extra pillows.

Small bathroom with toilet and shower. There is also a pool at this property.

There is an onsite restaurant - I did not have a meal, but the menu indicates that the cheapest main is a risotto at $20.

Even though this property is located right on the highway, I did not really notice any road noise.

The one down side that I found was that parking in front of the rooms was really tight and not everyone was able to park near their rooms. I noticed an extra dark parking lot out the back on a laneway. Not sure if I would have liked to leave my vehicle there though.

I have stayed at other similarly priced motels in the vicinity, and because of the tight parking I would probably stay somewhere else next time. I have previously submitted reviews on the Golden Fountain (near southern entrance of town) and the Ambassador(on the northside near overhead pedestrian bridge). Have also stayed at the Metro Inn where the parking was really tight - so if you have a larger style vehicle this may be a concern.

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room if you don't want to lug suitcases up a set of steps, or if you have m...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your review on your stay here at Centrepoint.

We do value our guests feedback on there stay with us.

I have passed your comments to our team.

We have put a new room service menu in the rooms which is a winner with our guests who stay. So next time you stay with us you must try and will be very satisified.

We do have a stair lift for those guests that require aid to the upper level.

Our carpark is only ground level for our 2 storey 60 room Motel so we have our extra carpark at the rear of the Motel which accommodates all car spaces for our rooms and is well lit and monitored during the night by the Managers.

Looking forward to seeing you again on your next travels in Rockhampton.

Geraldton, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

stayed at Centrepoint for 3 nights, room was clean, a bit noisy with cars going through carpark at all hours, not sure what noise would be like upstairs, we had dinner in restaurant the first night and was a bit disappointed. The people we were with also disappointed in what they had they ordered a main meal and got entree size!! The last night we had dinner there again with several others and one person ordered the award winning steak - cooked rare - it came out on a cold sizzle plate and it was like a piece of leather so over cooked it was terrible, the other meals were also not very nice, the other night we ate out and there are many and was much nicer and a bit cheaper. No appointed car bays for your room so it is pot luck.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to write a review regarding your stay here with us at Centrepoint.

We do value our guests feedback which allows us to make changes to meet our customer needs.

Were disappointed to hear you did'nt enjoy your experience in our Signatures restaurant. We have had good reports on our food so this was a surprise to us. I looked back on your food docket regarding the entree size you recieved and you was actaully charged for a entree size. I have brought this to the attention of the wait staff as there was a mix up on the order entree/main size.

Some times it's out of our control with late check ins as sometimes the Flights don't get into Rockhampton till late.

We do hope you will visit us again.

Safe journeys.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Hi All..

I work in an executive business role, and travel extensivley around Australia. So I have seen many Motels in my time ... both good and bad !

The Centrepoint Motor Inn in Rockhampton is certainly a favorite of mine. The friendly staff, and Motel Management won me over from my 1st visit to this motel. Its nice to feel important to them... they make me feel like this everytime I stay here ! But the great experience fortunately extends to the Motels facilities also. Comfortable Air Conditioned Rooms, plenty of parking, Wi-Fi, Pool, and a sensational restaurant ! And if your a business person, they have conference type facilities also !

With the amount of travel that I do... I don't want to be constantly trying somewhere new, due to disappointment elsewhere.. I simply don't have that much time. Its nice to be able to feel more than satisfied with service, and this establishment certainly deliver's here on all accounts.

For me, with each trip organised to the Central Queensland area, a booking with Centrepoint Motor Inn at Rockhampton is the very next move I make ! Its simply great !

Room Tip: Room 47 is certainly recommended ! Comfy Bed... Big Spa .. 2 air conditioners ! Nice !!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hi Jeff,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. It's greatly appreciated.

We just love to hear that our guest are happy with us here at Centrepoint and do our best to make it home from home for those that travel alot and make there stay warming and welcoming.

We have passed on to our team here your positive feedback and there greatly appreciated.

Look forward to seeing again soon.

Motel Manager
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

This motel has been recently renovated and the rooms are excellent! The bed was very comfy and the room and bathroom were very clean. The hosts couldn't be more helpful and available, lovely people, as were the staff. On arrival we had a very polite and informative check in. The restaurant is amazing, I had the steak - it was like ice-cream it simply melted in my mouth YUM! I have been very satisfied with all aspects of my stay, from when I rang to make our reservation to the confirmation email received to when we arrived and left the motel. Great place will definitely be back to stay again soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your stay here with us at the Centrepoint.

We take pride and care in meeting all of guests needs. And so pleased we ticked all your boxes for you.

We have passed on your wonderful feedback to all the team here at Centrepoint.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Safe travels.

Gladstone, Queensland, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

value for money very dismal broken chairs keetle did not work toilet did not stop running or did not fill up ,house keeping very poor could not even empty bins.single beedroom bath room smelt like mould . list to long to mention , when informing mangement only thing he worried about and apologised for was not emptying bin , not very happy will not be returing or recomending tihs motel to friends annd work collegues

Room Tip: bottom floor rooms let to much light in at night
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
centrepoint131, Manager at Centrepoint Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us here at Centrepoint. Our spa rooms are our best rooms and we have had nothing but extremely good reviews on tripadvisor so this was surprising to hear your negative comments regarding this room. You said you spoke with the Management I'm not sure who you mean as I know you never spoke with myself Janet or John who are the managers of Centrepoint and would have been more than happy to assists you and make your stay here with us an enjoyable one. The kettle and the broken chair and the other issues you had was'nt brought to our attention until checkout in which we could have rectified if brought to our attention during your stay with us for the 2 days.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this matter further.
Kind Regards
John and Janet Courtney
Manager Centrepoint Motor Inn
Kingaroy, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I recently stayed here for work and was really surprised that there had been a refurbishment of the entire property. The new managers had just taken over and were extremely welcoming and seem to have settled in nicely. I had a good chat over a few beers at the bar. The restaurant is really well set out and the quality of meals was amazing. The rooms are large and well appointed

Room Tip: I wish i had taken the Spa Suite as i saw this after i had checked out and it was an amazing room
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank your for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us at Centrepoint.
I have passed it on to our team.

We look forward to you staying again with us at Centrepoint Motor Inn.

Kind Regards

John and Janet Courtney
Management

Been to Centrepoint Motor Inn? Share your experiences!