“A good place to stay in Rockhampton for a few days” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Capri

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rockhampton
Villa Capri
You added Villa Capri to your Saves list
69-77 George Street, Rockhampton, Queensland 4700, Australia   |
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Rockhampton
Melbourne, Australia
“A good place to stay in Rockhampton for a few days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Villa Capri was clean and comfortable and perfectly located for the conference I attended.
I was worried about the road noise as it is located on a major roadway - but it wasn't a problem, unless you want to have a sleep in. As I was working it was a non-issue.

The only things I would improve would be the water pressure in the shower and the pillows - both of these things are important to me because I travel so much!

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the rear of the building for less road noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed here one night, the staff on the counter was nice and cheerful and check in was good, the room it's self is was good with a microwave and a couple of plates, (point to note for the owners) If you are going to ask tenants to wash there own plates and cups, you should at least check them before the new tenant moves in, both cups were dirty and the plate needed a better wash.

The bad point was the noise and smoke:
People stood outside the rooms and talked well into the night, which could be heard in the room; and people smoking outside there rooms, the smoke came in under the door so I could smell the smoke when they were there, as a non smoker I didn't appreciate this.

Room Tip: Maybe upstairs away from the smoke.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Booked this motel based on price, website and proximity to my sister we were visiting. The motel looks fresh, the room was tidy and clean. Appointments were basic but wouldn't expect more as we booked a budget queen room at $102/night. The downside is that the rooms have no soft furnishings other than the bed and therefore they echo. That leads to an unfortunate chain of events: noisy traffic on the highway and guests with little regard for others. Fortunately we didn't suffer drunks like others have, but the noise of others coming and going, yelling in the car park no matter the hour, scraping furniture next door or upstairs ... You get the general picture? Buffet breakfast at $15 was much better than average for price. We walked in to find not much on offer but the cook quickly whipped up a fresh batch for us that would have fed man more than just us. No complaints about service.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I didn't stay there, I was in another hotel up the road. My hotel wanted too much for a substantial breakfast so I decied to go into town to one of the cafes. When passing the Villa Capri I saw their chalkboard, "Buffet Breakfast- All You Can Eat !", sign on the footpath. What a bargin, $15 for everything you could want for a full country breakfast, would have cost $35 or more anywhere else. Yum!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Moree, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Worst bit about this place is the carpark! Big mine 4wd's and utes jammed into car spaces marked out to fit my sisters getz in perfectly! Was good though that they allowed us to park two cars inside off the st. Room was nice but iron also a little dodgy like a previous comment! Also the bed kept rolling around evertime i moved during the night (tilled floors no carpet) but no biggy i guess if u want a comfortable place for a night or two thats good value for money. Was very quiet considering it appeared to be near full that night!

• Stayed March 2013
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I am a regular visit to the Villa Capri having been there 4 times over the last 12 months for a total of 13 nights. It's a nice little hotel with friendly efficient staff. Not overly appointed, but comfortable enough. Normally a hotel like this would easily get 4 stars from me. Sadly a few little things let it down.

Great to have a micowave and basic equipment for preparing simple meals in your room, but it's really hard to have a bowl of cereal for breakfast on a plate. The iron in the room had a filty black plate which is now imposed on one of my business shirt. I suspect it won't come out and so an expensive rag will be produced. Frustratingly, the austar service was only partially working. When this was brought to the attention of the staff on my first night out of four they told me they would get back to me. Too late now, as I have checked out.

I'll return because all in all it's a good place, but hopefully they would have read this and those little things will have been addressed

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I experienced a great stay. I visit often for my work trips and it is a great place to stay for a work trip as there is a restaurant onsite and also close to a number of fast food places including subway, Indian, red rooster.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Villa Capri? Share your experiences!