“best over all place to eat.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Kaikoura New Zealand
“best over all place to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

We were on holiday and spent three wonderfull weeks in Port Douglas.
We ate out at a lot of but not all of the eating houses in Port and found without doubt that best meal in all respects we had were the ones we had at the Court House.

Would recomend both the menu and the quality to anyone.
Top marks to the Cheff.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Canberra, Australia
“Music great, food OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

Food is fine and an OK price. Staff did seem rather grumpy though. There is plenty of outdoor seating upstairs and down and when we were there on a Saturday night there was a great band playing.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, Australia
“Great value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

We dined at the Courthouse on a Tuesday night, they offer a special, T-bone steak for 13 dollars. It proved to be fantastic value with the steak being cooked to perfection and quiet large. The atmosphere was also nice with a live musician playing while we were dining. The food staff were great, however the bar staff were arrogant and didn't seem to care about the impression they were leaving on customers.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“good place to watch a bit of "footy" & drink”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

good prices on food & drink. Like most pubs in Port Douglas you had to order food at one window & pay then order drinks at the bar & pay... The wait staff brings the food to you but that is all....just different than what I had expected.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Forget it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2008

Visited December 2008. Ordered steak with salad and chats. Received Steak with *Vegetables* and Chats.

I didn't realise that we had to collect our cutlery when we ordered, and I asked the waitress who told me where to collect it from. I was pretty darn pregnant and would have appreciated if she could just duck over and grab me a set, but fair go, there was a sign and I should have read it.

However I go back to where I ordered from and they had run out of knives and forks. I asked a different waitress who was standing there, and she rather abruptly told me to ask the cashier. I had to line up AGAIN behind three others to get cutlery. On a busy night I don't think that's appropriate. If you don't have cutlery, you might as well not sell food.

The cashier grabbed a bucket which had the clean cutlerly, he picked up a set and then dropped it back it and said 'the waitress will put it all out in a minute. I was astounded. I don't like stupidity or rudeness. The highlight was the band who did a 25 minute soundcheck. I recommend going to Rattle and Hum, where the service is better even if the food is average.