We were travelling around Oz for our honeymoon and wanted to stay in Port Douglas for a week.
We chose Shantara as it was Kid free. It was self catering which we love as we like the choice of eating in or out and having breakfast at anytime we want! It is also a short walk away from the main strip and the beach. And looked lovely!
We arrived from the airport via a shuttle bus, and the receptionist booked our return journey for our departure. The staff were helpful and friendly.
Upon arrival, the room wow-ed us. Lovely kitchen/ lounge area. The kitchen had everything you need. the bed and pillows were so comfy, the shower was lovely and we had a huge spa bath.
We chose a room with a pool deck which was a good choice, and added to our leisure! All rooms have a balcony area too.
The room was provided with plenty of towels, including towels for the pool.
In the room there was an information pack, which had plenty of information about local restaurants and bars, including Shantara's recommendations as well as take away/ delivery menus. The pack including information about tours, trips and general info on Port Douglas.
If you're after an all inclusive 5* hotel this place isn't for you, but if you like a bit of luxury and to do you own thing than this place is perfect for you as it was for us.
If we get the chance to go back to Australia, we would definitely return as it was one of our favourite parts of our honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas is the newest accommodation in Port Douglas and offers quality boutique style Apartment accommodation. An Adults only retreat ideal for couples, honeymooners or the independent traveller looking to escape in tranquil surrounds (Children over the age of 15 are welcome). Shantara is located walking distance to Macrossan Street, where you will find an array of Restaurants, cafes & only 400-meters to Four Mile Beach. Shantara has a selection of spacious one bedroom apartments with full kitchen, lounge/dining area, spa baths and separate shower. The studios are perfect for the shorter stay with kitchenettes. Outdoor balconies to all apartments to sit out with a relaxing drink after a day out. Available also is free Internet access, cable TV/DVDs and laundry facilities to all apartments and studios. 2 Pools- heated in winter. Gymnasium, Day Spa for personalised treatments, undercover BBQ area for guests to try out the local produce. Shantara Resort Port Douglas is a family operated business offering personalised and friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Shantara Resort (Apartments) Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Shantara Hotel Port Douglas