My husband and I stayed in a Shantara Apartment (1 Bedroom with a Jacuzzi). It was spotless, spacious and very modern. The bed was comfy, and the Jacuzzi outside was just an added bonus - would definitely recommend one of these rooms! It was our anniversary whilst we were here, and Management gave us a bottle of Jacobs Creek and a note congratulating us.. It's the small things that make the difference!
We had direct access to the non heated pool which was a little too chilly for us, so we spent most of our time in the heated lagoon like pool. We had BBQ facilities right next to our room which was fantastic and we used them every night, they give you everything you need e.g salt and pepper, foil, BBQ utensils etc.
Check in was quick and easy and the staff are very polite and welcoming.
All in all would I stay here again? In a heartbeat! Was great that they don't take kids under 16 as well, made the whole environment very tranquil and relaxing :)
- Also Known As:
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas Hotel
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas
- Shantara Hotel Port Douglas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas offers boutique style Apartment accommodation, ideal for couples, honeymooners or the independent traveler looking to escape in tranquil surrounds (Children over the age of 15 are welcome). Shantara Resort (Apartments) Port Douglas is for the astute traveler looking for an alternative to Hotel accommodation. Shantara is located walking distance to Macrossan Street, where you will find an array of Restaurants, cafes & only 400-metres to Four Mile Beach. Shantara has a selection of spacious one bedroom apartments with full kitchen, lounge/dining area, spa baths and separate shower. The studios are perfect for the shorter stay with kitchenettes. Outdoor balconies to all apartments to sit out with a relaxing drink after a day out. Available also Internet access, cable TV/DVDs and laundry facilities to all apartments and studios. 2 pools- heated in winter. Gymnasium, Day Spa for personalised treatments, undercover BBQ area. Shantara Resort & Spa is a family operated business offering personalised and friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Shantara Resort (Apartments) Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.