My husband and I spend our first week of our honeymoon here in a studio apartment with private pool access. The place is very nice, clean, comfortable and a GREAT location to the main street. There are a few things that could have been a little better, because we stayed 4 nights and not 5 we didn't get ANY room cleaning at all, the garbage cans are very small so we had to take out our own trash and really wasn't quite sure were to take it or what bin to place it in. Also, I have no problem re-using a bath towel or pool towel for 2 days but 4 was a bit much. The private pool access wasn't so private at least for the location of our studio, we didn't mind, our neighbors were great but it was a bit confusing on who chairs were whos. On the first day we arrived I went to lay out and I felt like I was using the neighbors chairs even though they had 2 more by thier apartment. As far as the staff on our day of arrive the 1st women we dealt with was amazing very nice helped us book our day trips and gave us all the information we needed.. The lady that was there the rest of the time was not so accomidating, it seemed like anytime we asked her a question or needed something we were annoying her. Also when I needed to reconfirm at dive trip because of a booking issue that was my own fault I asked her how to dial out she told me and then I kept getting back to her it wasn't until the 3 time I was directed to her that she told me she needed to make the phone call and have them call me because all reservations go to them 1st.. This would have been nice to know on phone call one expecially since I was charged for all the call, not that is was a lot of money but just the fact.
No matter what the place was great and we would higly recommend it I just think for the price and the 5 star rating some things could improve..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas is the newest accommodation in Port Douglas and offers quality boutique style Apartment accommodation. An Adults only retreat ideal for couples, honeymooners or the independent traveller looking to escape in tranquil surrounds (Children over the age of 15 are welcome). Shantara is located walking distance to Macrossan Street, where you will find an array of Restaurants, cafes & only 400-meters to Four Mile Beach. Shantara has a selection of spacious one bedroom apartments with full kitchen, lounge/dining area, spa baths and separate shower. The studios are perfect for the shorter stay with kitchenettes. Outdoor balconies to all apartments to sit out with a relaxing drink after a day out. Available also is free Internet access, cable TV/DVDs and laundry facilities to all apartments and studios. 2 Pools- heated in winter. Gymnasium, Day Spa for personalised treatments, undercover BBQ area for guests to try out the local produce. All rooms and external area are Non-Smoking. Shantara Resort Port Douglas is a family operated business offering personalised and friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Shantara Resort Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shantara Resort Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Shantara Hotel Port Douglas