“Awesome location and awesome staff!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of QT Port Douglas

Save Saved
You added QT Port Douglas to your Saves list
QT Port Douglas
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   87-109 Port Douglas Road, Port Douglas, Queensland 4877, Australia (Formerly Rydges)   |
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Port Douglas
“Awesome location and awesome staff!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Loved the location. Staff very attentive went outof there way to help weather it was the reception staff or restaurant they were the best. Well done guys keep up the good work.. The only disappointment we had is the bathroom no ventilation and it gets stuffy and steamed up easy and the other is the bed it was two beds joined to make one and they would have to be the most uncomfortable bed ever there was no support it was extremely soft and the springs squeaked when you turned unfortunately waking up with painful joints every morning. The pool was awesome the big cushion beds the had really need a clean they were really dirty. They were the only bad points otherwise the place rocks the restaurant was awesome the food awesome they have a great chef.. Please look at your beds as we would definitely stay again if they change them..

• Stayed January 2013
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Port Douglas, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Hi Rossco48,

Shivers. Another ventilation review. I am wondering if this is a TNQ issue rather than a QT issue. I am going to check this out!

Thank you for the beautiful review on the staff and our Bazaar Marketplace. We are working very hard to present a fantastic offering to our guests and it is wonderful to know that we are hitting the spot.

We hope you come back soon.

QT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had a fantastic five night stay here. The pool area is amazing and the food at the main restaurant is delicious.
The staff absolutely fall over themselves to make you feel welcome and are so helpful. We would absolutely recommend the QT to friends and family.
The free bike hire is great for getting into the town and there's a regular shuttle bus if you stay out late.
The only tiny thing that stopped us from giving the QT 5 out of 5 was that the room felt quite small and we had a really loud air conditioning unit that we couldn't keep on at night if we wanted to sleep. But earplugs soon sorted that and we were quite happy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi GSL26,

Fantastic! Another wonderful review! we are really doing well on here. The staff are really getting some fantastic shout outs. The are the dream team!

I am so sorry that the air conditioner kept you awake. That simply will not do! We will check it out and hopefully your next stay will be a five out of five.

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have just come back form 5 days in Port Douglas. From checkin to checkout, this place continued to make me smile. What an awesome place to stay...and I wouldnt consider myself easily pleased. The rooms were nice, matched the pictures on the website well. The only improvements I would offer could be the cleanliness of the decorative cushions, they had a few marks, really should be changed everytime. We had some ants in our room also. But that is to be expected in the middle of wet season. They had fly spray sent straight up when I called reception.
The restaurant Bazaar was an absolute delight. A buffet style however you can also order steak...or basically anything.. cooked to your liking. It was awesome. The cocktails were fantastic, both in the Estillo bar and the gorgeous swim up bar. I must say the highlight of the place were the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and were very attentive. By far the best customer service I have experienced in a very long time. The young man who works morning in the Estillo bar was fantastic. They have done exceptionally well with their selection and training of staff. I dont think anyone would be disappointed staying here. Simply fantastic.

Room Tip: We stayed in a garden view room. Great size, not too small. Not so far from the pool but still quiet...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Teisha01,

Another wonderful review from our gorgeous guests. What an absolutely fantastic time we are having on TripAdvisor. You can really tell when a hotel is kicking goals when every review has such wonderful notes about the staff!

We would love to take care of you next time you are in Port Douglas, and we will definitely check out the pillows. That must be sorted.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My sister & I stayed at QT Port Douglas for 10 days in November. We had a ground floor one bedroom Garden apartment with everything in it we could possibly need. The staff were wonderful, friendly, extremely helpful and we were treated more like welcome members of a family than guests in a hotel. The young man in charge of the gardens told us to visit Mossman Gorge and yes, two middle aged ladies could manage the paths and walkways. He was right.

Kimberley the receptionist suggested a ride on the Balleyhoolly train which passes the Resort on a Sunday. She also suggested the Billy Tea and Damper tour to the Daintree. Advice we we happy to take and both outings were thoroughly enjoyable and gave us the opportunity to see and experience things we may otherwise have missed.
The Bazaar restaurant has the most delicious food and you can talk to the chef and request how you would like your steak etc, cooked.
The Bar served delicious non alcoholic drinks and amazing food. There are some very special people working in hospitality who can remember, after serving you twice, how you like your coffee or your favorite drink. The delightful staff at QT all have this ability.

The gardens and lily ponds are beautiful and immaculately maintained. Simply couldn't fault this incredible resort

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hi Susyangel!

OMG what I would not gift for a girls getaway for ten days at a resort! Girlfriend you are a lucky lady!

Too fun that you got to visit Mossman Gorge. That place is really beautiful. I see that you have also reviewed Billys Tea Safaris. You are a wonderful woman :)

We would love, love, love to take care of you again. You sounds delightful. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us and your fellow travellers about your experience. Also a big thanks for reviewing a smaller operator up here who might otherwise have been overlooked if not for your kindness.

Far North Queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We are locals from Cairns who stayed at this resort for a couple of days to celebrate my daughters 21st birthday. I can honestly say that the staff were amazing so friendly and helpful. The rooms are amazing so beautifully designed. The resort has recently undergone refurbishment and it is stunning. The food is really good. The Bazaar restaurant is a must it is a novel idea a kind of interactive buffet where you choose your food and tell the chef how to cook. It was so good. There is a bar that does amazing food to we loved the wagyu sliders yummy !
Thank you to all the staff was an excellent stay. The weather was torrential rain unfortunately but that's the tropics . this resort has thought of everything wet weather activities, games, umbrellas in the rooms . Top notch few days :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hi Kaneko1,

Oh, I just do not think I can stand it! I am so overwhelmed by the magnificent reviews of our staff on here. We know that they are perfect, but it is another thing for them to be so lovingly reminded of it on here (as you know TripAdvisor can sometimes be a very scary place for hotels and their staff!).

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate every minute you took.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

On a mom's weekend away from the kids/family and the QT Port Douglas didn't disappoint! We had a garden view room on the second floor (did have to lug the bags up the steps/no elevator) but the room was cute. One bed for the two of us (that brought me back to the university days of everybody cramming into a bed!!!) but with my bed at home filled with one/two/both of my kids, it didn't phase me! Room wasn't huge, but definitely decorated well. We did have an issue with ants in our room, and so we were brought a can of raid. Didn't do much, so we had ants in our toilettries, suitcases, and our food (which was sealed rather well) was ruined :(. Raid didn't touch the issue.
Needless to say, we really enjoyed the breakfasts with cook to order food alongside a regular assortment of buffet items too. Chefs there were very willing to accomodate my egg-white only omellettes - they were delicious!
The bar was great and had lots going on at most times. Our favorite was the swim-up bar, although the staff there were VERY laid back (too much so at times)
We liked the vibe at the entire hotel, it was good for families (not too snooty or singles oriented) but not geared for the super young either. I'm 38 and not looking to hang out with people half my age!!!
I would highly recommend it for a couple or for a friend's getaway, or even a bachelor/bachelorette party. It has everything you need, and 99% of what you'd want - AND the price was right in line with other hotels, in fact cheaper than most. And most others don't include breakfast etc.
All this reminiscing makes me want to go back.... darn... :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hi fichyflaca,

Yay! Another girls weekend at the hotel with an awesome outcome. You ladies are seriously reminding me that I need to plan a trip with my girlfriends to QT Port Douglas! I am seriously hanging for some pina colada by the pool time!

I am delighted that you got to experience our lovely staff and delicious Bazaar dining option. Nest time you come our spaQ day spa will be ready to go also. A trifecta!

See you soon.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed at QT in November in a 1 bedroom villa garden view room. It looks like a lot of effort has gone into the refurbishment, and the whole resort feels very modern and relaxed. The staff are the friendliest I've ever encountered, and all went out of their way to be helpful and pleasant.

Our room was bigger than I'd expected, with 2 balconies and a perfectly private view. The bedroom had both an air conditioner and a ceiling fan, so we were always at a comfortable temperature. Disappointingly, the "king bed" was actually two singles pushed together, and very uncomfortable. I'd expected better from a place of this quality. My only other gripe is that the bathroom would really benefit from some ventilation - it tended to steam up the whole room after two showers.

We booked on the opening special, so had breakfasts and a dinner at Bazaar included. Very impressive set up, not your typical hotel fare, and the chefs were happy to help you find all they had to offer. Best of all was that the empty table next to us at dinner was slowly taken over by green tree frogs as we ate, so we got a show of local wildlife included!

I was a little surprised by the large number of families here, as they tend to give a less family-friendly impression. We had been looking forward to spending time at the swim-up bar, but the pool was pretty much permanently dominated by playing kids, so we gave it a miss. Not a problem, as the bar was a lovely place to relax with some cushions and a cocktail instead.

Overall it was a really pleasant stay, and if I could be sure of a good night's sleep I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are private and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hey SkyeB,

Whopeeeeee! Another fantastic staffing review. They are absolutely nailing it! Good on them. They are such wonderful people.

So sorry that you did not get to enjoy a wonderful sleep on your holiday. It really is an important component of your stay. We dont get this feedback often so will try and figure out how we can make this a non-issue in the future.

Thanks for the lovely feedback on our Bazaar dining option. It is just the best. Everytime I eat there I am delighted by how fresh and flavoursome the food is. Although I should be biased (and I am to a certain extent) but food is something you cannot much around with when you are a foodie and I love, love, love it there!

QT

Been to QT Port Douglas? Share your experiences!