Warm welcome from Helen on reception . She and her colleague were both really friendly and helpful in confirming our tours, flights, and giving local advice. Our flat for 4 was spacious with a flexible layout and was well equipped with washer, drier, dish washer etc, & was clean and comfortable but had plainish decor. We used the communal barbecue in the central 'cabana' and liked the long pools which meant you could swim properly. The supermarket is a goodish 10 minute walk, but the fish and chip shop is 5 minutes and good for emergency eats. Port Douglas is a 45-50 min step away up the lovely endless beach. Buses seemed to run every 20-30 mins from the Ramada next door and were about AU$4 each person one way. We didn't find much value in buying return tickets as rival bus companies didn't accept each other's tickets. This led us to have an extra 15 min sit outside the Iron Bar waiting for 'our' bus whilst orher buses came and went: there are much worse places in the world to be delayed in! If staying longer than our 4 nights you might want a hire car, but Port Douglas is a quiet and relaxing place, so just go with the flow.
Plus- quiet, friendly, very helpful, nice pool.
Minus- fair step from town, but the bus service was fine. Simple styling and decor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 minutes stroll to Four Mile Beach, the new Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas is a relaxed getaway which aims to please with its friendly service, relaxed ambiance and unique ‘lagoon’ lifestyle. There are six lagoon-style pools, from which guests can swim to their apartment balconies, as well as barbeque facilities within a lush landscaped setting to make the most of the tropical breezes. At the Oaks Lagoons, accommodation styles vary, from hotel rooms with large corner spas, to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments complete with gourmet kitchen and laundry facilities. There are also rooms with the ‘swim out’ option or apartments with their own private plunge pool and spa. All rooms offer air conditioning, king beds, broadband connectivity and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Oaks Lagoons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas
- Oaks Lagoons Hotel Port Douglas