This is the second time we have stayed at the Oaks Lagoon. We have booked the 2 bedroom swim-out apartment each time. The location of the Oaks is fine, it is a little out of town, but there is the shuttle bus that runs from the Ramada next door (although for 4 people return it cost us $38, might get a little pricey if you did it every night!). The Oaks has no restaurant but there is one next door at the Ramada (it was fine, but a little pricey to eat every night!! Better off to cook yourselves or go into town).
We found the property to be nice and quiet, with no trouble from other "permanent residents".
The Oaks Lagoon is starting to get a little tired though. The beds are fine, and the linen OK, but the Air Con in the one bedroom apartment was too noisy to run overnight, however the fan worked just fine. The outside patio leading to the pool was a little grubby, but the apartment itself was fine. The the crockery in the rooms needs updating - it is not matched and a little chipped, also one BBQ didn't work in the BBQ area.
If you can get the apartment at a great rate then you will overlook the small issues, but if I had paid the full rate or close too it, I think I would have been a little disappointed.
Would I stay there again? Yes, if we went as a family, but not if just my husband and I went. I would recommend it to anyone who wanted a self contained apartment with easy access to the pool. Particularly suited to families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 minutes stroll to Four Mile Beach, the new Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas is a relaxed getaway which aims to please with its friendly service, relaxed ambiance and unique ‘lagoon’ lifestyle. There are six lagoon-style pools, from which guests can swim to their apartment balconies, as well as barbeque facilities within a lush landscaped setting to make the most of the tropical breezes. At the Oaks Lagoons, accommodation styles vary, from hotel rooms with large corner spas, to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments complete with gourmet kitchen and laundry facilities. There are also rooms with the ‘swim out’ option or apartments with their own private plunge pool and spa. All rooms offer air conditioning, king beds, broadband connectivity and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Oaks Lagoons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas
- Oaks Lagoons Hotel Port Douglas