I booked a secluded plunge pool room but unfortunately when we arrived the pool was green and all you could hear was a rattling A/C unit from another room. They call it secluded as they can't call it "private" as above our plunge pool room, on the next floor up, the local backpackers, staying permanently, were partying, music blarring and having a BBQ on their deck overlooking us and the "plunge pool court yard" and was in the full, western afternoon sun. Murray the Manager was very good and moved us to a swim out room. The king bed, pillows, air-conditioners were excellent and the room was very quiet, we slept extremely well. The cutlery and crockery is old, unmatched and in need of refreshing. More late age, teenage locals with permanent occupation across from us, choose the pool to our swim out room, to party, drink, play volley ball and splash around in, while we tried to manage some outdoor quiet time, saturating our swim out area. I purchased 4 nights in a one bedroom deluxe through Hightide Holidays for I think about $350 then paid $100 per night for an upgrade to a swim out room totalling $750.00. The full rack room rate on Wotif.com was $144.00 per night for a 1 bedroom swimout during the time we stayed. I got shafted with the room upgrade. We enjoyed the stay, sub-standard to where we would normally stay, my fault for not doing enough research before I booked and too far out of town for our liking, but no problems with the shuttle service from the Romada next door. I don't agree with Oaks Lagoon, but I don't dis-agree with it either, but we enjoyed our Port Douglas experience.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lagoons Hotel
- Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas
- Oaks Lagoons Hotel Port Douglas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 minutes stroll to Four Mile Beach, the new Oaks Lagoons Port Douglas is a relaxed getaway which aims to please with its friendly service, relaxed ambiance and unique ‘lagoon’ lifestyle. There are six lagoon-style pools, from which guests can swim to their apartment balconies, as well as barbeque facilities within a lush landscaped setting to make the most of the tropical breezes. At the Oaks Lagoons, accommodation styles vary, from hotel rooms with large corner spas, to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments complete with gourmet kitchen and laundry facilities. There are also rooms with the ‘swim out’ option or apartments with their own private plunge pool and spa. All rooms offer air conditioning, king beds, broadband connectivity and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Oaks Lagoons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.