Great location right in the heart of Macrossan St with everything close by - heaps of restaurants, supermarket, shopping etc - but really quiet. Walk to the beach or watch the boats come in. Hosts were very friendly and helpful. Apartment was very spacious and even had 2 tvs - a blessing as it was AFL Grand Final time! - and in house movies, pool, bbq everything in perfect order. Will definitely return when next in Port Douglas. Gorgeous spot - especially loved lazing the day away at very casual cafe right on the water called 319 (or something similar) yummy food and divine view. The Tin Shed is great on a quiet day (but can be a bit pubby when busy) - superb water view as the sail boats slip silently past. Magic!
- Also Known As:
- The Newport On Macrossan Hotel Port Douglas
- The Newport On Macrossan Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Newport on Macrossan is a centrally located and family run 4 star holiday accommodation in the heart of Port Douglas. With a solar heated saltwater swimming pool, 3 free in-house movie channels playing latest releases, free secure under cover parking, wireless broad band available in every room. We are genuinely committed to providing clean, contemporary, competitively priced apartments and hotel style rooms that will make you want to stay with us again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Newport on Macrossan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.