For a 5 star resort, I thought I would be staying in somewhere 'luxurious'.. this wasn't the case..
Upon check in it seemed quite nice with lovely setting of the reception desk overlooking the pool.
My credit card was given upon check in and was assured it was only for the imprint, however on return noticed that the whole hotel fee had been charged to that card which we had requested not to.
When we opened the door to our twin room and noticed there were 2 'single' beds, my friend and I were not impressed. What 5 star resort has single beds in a room. Pillows were soft and had a terrible sleep.
We then wanted to relax over the 4 days and just lay by the pool and get some sun. Unfortunately this did not happen, not because there was no sun, but because of the way the pool was designed and the layout. The place where you sunbake with the sand and sun lounges was shaded at all times of the day with the palm trees and building covering them all the time. We actually had to go to another hotel pool to get some sun!
Was looking forward to a 5 star buffet breakfast. Options were poor and very limited. Ham that I had put on my plate was grey which turned me off my whole breakfast.
We also tried calling reception from our room which no one bothered picking up. Did not feel customer service was all that great.
All in all, we definitely wish we had stayed at the Sheraton where we originally had planned to stay. A lot of improvements needed overall to live up to the 5 star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club, Port Douglas combines beautifully appointed accommodation, luxury facilities and easy access to the magical Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest, making it the perfect holiday getaway. The resort is set amongst calming water features and lush gardens filled with tropical flowers and palms, creating a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. The resort offers beautifully appointed spa suites and one, two and three bedroom suites, some complete with private swim-up pool decks. All rooms feature free WIFI (up to 500MB) and free movies for all guests, air conditioning, alarm clock/radio, balcony, bathrobes, cable/pay TV, CD player, daily housekeeping service, direct dial telephone/data port/voice mail, hairdryer, in-room safe and iron and board. Kitchen facilities are available in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom suites includes dishwasher, stovetop/oven, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee/tea making facilities, cookware and tableware. Washer/dryer (available only in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments). The resort features a serene lagoon pool with sundeck and spa, fitness centre, concierge and tour desk making access to a range of exciting reef and rainforest experiences easy. If pampering is what you seek, a visit to the Exclusive Spa is a must or hire a bike and make your way to Four Mile Beach. In the evening there is an array of dining experiences awaiting you. The resort's signature restaurant, Sublime Bar & Grill serves some of the best cuisine you'll find in the region and uses the freshest ingredients to create a savoured contemporary Australian menu. The restaurant is located on the ground floor overlooking the stunning lagoon pool. Enjoy breakfast daily from 7.00Am - 10.00Am, lunch from 12pm - 4pm and dinner from 6.00Pm - 8.30Pm. The resort is the perfect base from which to experience all this amazing region has to offer. Port Douglas offers an abundance of exciting activities with the rainforest and the reef close by. Experience the Flames of the Forest live stage and dinner experience, welcome the day with a hot air balloon adventure, explore the Daintree World Heritage listed national park by 4WD and take a helicopter ride out over the Great Barrier Reef. Crocodile farms, Skyrail and white water rafting are just a few more adventures on offer. Combining a tranquil Tropical North Queensland setting with five-star resort facilities and professional service, this resort in the heart of Port Douglas is the perfect setting for your next getaway. A 2% surcharge applies to all credit card transactions at the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Hotel Port Douglas