“Awesome Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas

You added Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas to your Saves list
Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   20-22 Davidson Street, Port Douglas, Queensland 4877, Australia (Formerly Outrigger Beach Club)   |
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Port Douglas
Queensland, Australia
“Awesome Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I loved staying here for 2 nights in a 1 bedroom suite on the top level overlooking the pool. It is not very often we get to have time out from our little boy so I was looking to stay somewhere special. Pepper delivered. Our suite was huge and beautifully decorated and had all you could need for a fantastic stay. Just a note to say we will stay a bit longer next year. Just a note on only 2 negatives was the split in the middle of the bedroom blinds that let the light shine in on my face in the morning on one side of the bed. It was annoying and we ended up using a spare blanked to cover it up and make the room darker. Also the doors banging from other guests in other rooms was also annoying if trying to sleep in of a morning. I left a feedback card re both of these little negatives and did receive a response from management which was great. (I think the door situation could be somewhat solved with a coutesy sign on the doors asking guests to consider other guests and close doors quietly.) In saying that we loved it there - staff were friendly and helpful. We are going back next year and we can't wait.

Room Tip: A room on the top level gets you away from the daytime pool noise:)
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Good stay overall clean room friendly staff although not the most on top of communication, they came in twice as we were getting ready to leave in morning because front desk said we were gone. Also our shampoo was not replenished in first day and I had to request more, they said they would tell housekeeping when I called in morning and then I had to go to front desk to pick it up myself that night. I usually wouldn't care as much but we were paying alot for the room. We booked deluxe lagoon suite which was really cool to have our own deck directly on the pool where we could go right in. The bedroom area was severely lacking in light could gave used another. I will say it was our honeymoon and we were greeted with smiles and a champagne in room but I expect a little more for such a highly priced room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Booked a Spa Room for 6 nights and delighted with our stay. Highly recommended -4.5/5

5/5 for location. 1 min walk to the beach and 2 mins walk into town.

4.5/5 for the room size and facilities inside room. Modern and clean overlooking the beautiful pool. The spa on the balcony was great and a good treat after a long day out in the reef.

3/5 for house keeping. Only thing that let this place down. Rooms were made daily however was not cleaned throughly with empty cups and food wrappings left behind. Milk wasn't replenished daily either.

4.5/5 for pool and hotel grounds. Beautiful pool set amongst lush tropical garden and white soft sand. Although the hotel was very close to the beach, we only swam there once as it's jelly season hence a nice pool was on the top of the must have list and Pepper's sure delivered! Only slight minor negative was the warm pool water, this was only a negative as Jan is very hot therefore it would've been nice if the pool was a little cooler but no major issue as it was quiet (last weekend of school holidays hence there were no screaming kids, just a few babies and couples around). This hotel is family and couple friendly. If you want to stay when it's nice and quiet, book outside the school holiday period.

Service was good but we didn't interact with hotel staff enough to give it a true rating. Only spoke to reception twice - once when we checked in and another time to book our tour.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband an I spent 3 nights at the beautiful Peppers Beach Club, to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary from the moment we pulled up in our car til the moment we checked out we were made to feel special. All the staff were helpful, polite and friendly. The rooms were well thought out and beautifully clean.
We ate at the restaurant for 2 of the 3 nights, one being our anniversay and the staff congratulated us and made sure we were well looked after, the food was delicious and reasonably priced.
The pool was AMAZING and even though we had planned to do some sight seeing, one day we just couldn't leave the pool and spent the most relaxing day sipping cocktails by the pool and floating around in it.
It is my 50th birthday in October and instead of having the huge party I had planned I will be scouring specials and coming back to celebrate there I loved it so mucj

Room Tip: We chose a spa room as I didn't want to cook, but next time as we will be staying longer I will...
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My partner and I stayed in a Spa Suite overlooking the pool. The room was beautifully decorated, it really had that luxury feel when you walked in. The bathroom was probably the highlight, nice and spacious with a floor length mirror. The room itself felt a little small - but still comfortable. The reason I booked the Spa Suite, was just that - for the spa. Upon filling up the spa, we noticed that the bubbles had lifted lots of sand up, presumably from the jets/filter, as there was none in the bottom of the spa when it was empty. I was a little disappointed - it gave the feel that it was dirty and hadn't been cleaned properly from previous users. We couldn't help this but didn't end up using it.

As a lot of other reviews pointed out as well - there is lot's of noise from children who are up at the crack of dawn in the pool area. Usually this wouldn't bother my partner and I, but at 7am on a Saturday and Sunday morning when all you want to do is lie in, it was a little frustrating. Peppers has the branding of a luxurious romantic hotel, and the children screaming at all hours is definitely not that.

Also, my partner arrived a little late - about 8.45pm, and we went to order room service at this time - to which we were told room service had closed. Room Service menu's state 9pm (Afterhours menu only consists of toasted sandwiches). I know it's cutting it fine, but there is still 15 minutes to place an order, and seeking an alternative food outlet providing a nice meal at that hour proves difficult. I was lucky enough to get a meal about an hour earlier - the pork cutlet, and it was beautiful! Would definitely recommend.

I would probably try a different resort next time I head up to Port Douglas - especially for a couples weekend away.

Room Tip: Request room overlooking lagoon.
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at Peppers for 7 nights. It was our first holiday together in 6 years as we had experienced several bereavements over the past 2 years.

The service was excellent. We booked a one bed room suite and got upgraded to penthouse suite. The reception team was professional especially Anoed & Drew.

Excellent, professional & staff are happy campers. So this translate to great service. Quality of room was excellent and fantastic location. Pool area is divine.

Only area that I would suggest improving is the buffet breakfast as it was average, Not much variety. The breakfast team was great.

The Spa experience was fabulous especially the Sea Wraps, visy shower and the other scrubs.
Good value with the Peppers Experience package as you get a 20% discount. Also had a Aborginal smoke ceremony as part of the Sea Wrap. Worth every cent. Wont get this in Melb or Sydney as it will cost a bomb. I rained during the Visy shower outside and it was great to hear the rain along the deck. Quite hypnotic.
Fantastic location 3 min to Macrossan Street. I have stayed at Sea Temple, Sheraton and Ramada. Peppers tops it off in term of quality,service level, professionalism and location. Highly recommended.Thank you Peppers. Jennifer

Room Tip: Choose room overlooking the pool preferably upper floor.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Last week i surprised my wife by taking her to Peppers for her 40th birthday. It was awesome. Staff went out of their way to see that we had a very special experience. The room was awesome looking over that amazing pool. The food at the restaurant was excellent and the table staff very professional. Overall it was a fantastic night and i can't recommend them enough. Thank you so much Peppers. We will definitely be back. 5 stars

• Stayed January 2015
Robyn B, General Manager at Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello Stevocam
Thank you for chosing us as the destination for your wifes special birthday. It was a pleasure to have you with us and we are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your Peppers experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards
Robyn & Team

Been to Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas? Share your experiences!