At $250.00 per night, we would have expected something a little nicer… But perhaps alarm bells should have been going off when a hotel is self-rated as being 5-star standard accommodation...
We stayed in a spa room on the first floor. Immediately upon walking into the room, we were hit by a waft of bleach and damp. We didn't have to look hard to keep finding signs that the room was quite run down - rust/dirt/chips in the plaster inside and outside the room, particularly in the bathroom and around the spa located outside on the balcony. The television was the smallest we have ever seen in a resort style hotel, we couldn't access the "free wi-fi", the hair dryer was broken, there was just a top sheet on the bed (no quilt/doona/blanket???) which was very strange, there were only two towels in the bathroom with no spares to be found anywhere, the room didn't have any curtain/blinds, just shutter doors that allow sunlight to come flooding into the room first thing in the morning, and main doors to enter rooms would slam shut, meaning that at all hours of the night we would wake up startled when our neighbours returned to their rooms with a loud bang. To top it off, on the morning of departure, a house keeper came barging into our room at 9am (no warning, no knock on the door), when we had clearly not checked out yet and should not have been expected to yet as check-out time is 10am. Sure, we understand that accidents happen - but perhaps an apology would have been nice.
The location is great, close by to the beach and not far from the main street, the bed was comfortable, and the pool looked very inviting.
Sadly though, the negatives far outweigh the positives, and we won't be staying there when we next return to Port Douglas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club, Port Douglas combines beautifully appointed accommodation, luxury facilities and easy access to the magical Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest, making it the perfect holiday getaway. The resort is set amongst calming water features and lush gardens filled with tropical flowers and palms, creating a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. The resort offers beautifully appointed spa suites and one, two and three bedroom suites, some complete with private swim-up pool decks. All rooms feature free WIFI (up to 500MB) and free movies for all guests, air conditioning, alarm clock/radio, balcony, bathrobes, cable/pay TV, CD player, daily housekeeping service, direct dial telephone/data port/voice mail, hairdryer, in-room safe and iron and board. Kitchen facilities are available in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom suites includes dishwasher, stovetop/oven, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee/tea making facilities, cookware and tableware. Washer/dryer (available only in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments). The resort features a serene lagoon pool with sundeck and spa, fitness centre, concierge and tour desk making access to a range of exciting reef and rainforest experiences easy. If pampering is what you seek, a visit to the Exclusive Spa is a must or hire a bike and make your way to Four Mile Beach. In the evening there is an array of dining experiences awaiting you. The resort's signature restaurant, Sublime Bar & Grill serves some of the best cuisine you'll find in the region and uses the freshest ingredients to create a savoured contemporary Australian menu. The restaurant is located on the ground floor overlooking the stunning lagoon pool. Enjoy breakfast daily from 7.00Am - 10.00Am, lunch from 12pm - 4pm and dinner from 6.00Pm - 8.30Pm. The resort is the perfect base from which to experience all this amazing region has to offer. Port Douglas offers an abundance of exciting activities with the rainforest and the reef close by. Experience the Flames of the Forest live stage and dinner experience, welcome the day with a hot air balloon adventure, explore the Daintree World Heritage listed national park by 4WD and take a helicopter ride out over the Great Barrier Reef. Crocodile farms, Skyrail and white water rafting are just a few more adventures on offer. Combining a tranquil Tropical North Queensland setting with five-star resort facilities and professional service, this resort in the heart of Port Douglas is the perfect setting for your next getaway. A 2% surcharge applies to all credit card transactions at the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Hotel Port Douglas