We stayed for 4 nights this week in connecting rooms 205-6. The room was a one bedroom apartment with a connecting spa room that gave you a two bedroom apartment feel. The rooms were tastefully furnished in beige tones with a fully self contained kitchen, a large two seater sofa and an armchair, dining table with 4 chairs, small laundry and 3 balconies (all facing the pool). All the appliances were new and in perfect working order.
The rooms were exceptionally clean upon arrival and were serviced daily. My only gripe about housekeeping was that they didn't do a vacuum at all the entire stay therefore there was sand on the floors the entire time we were there.
We had requested a cot and this was already set up when we arrived and made up with clean sheets ($40 extra charge for the entire stay for the cot). Beds were very comfortable and sheets clean and crisp. The bathrooms (2) very clean and the showers had excellent water pressure (non existent these days in hotels, so that was a welcome surprise!)
The pool is fabulous. It's the highlight of the resort. Perfect for children and adults alike. The sun loungers are comfortably padded, there are tables to rest your cocktails and snacks on and there is (albeit sporadic) poolside service. If the wait is too long for poolside service, the bar and cafe is right at the pool and you are able to order there and someone brings it to you. Fantastic.
The pool itself is cleaned twice daily (absolutely necessary given there are lots of children who may have "accidents" in the pool!).
The grounds are really pretty with lots of tropical plants and trees and are well maintained. Front desk is open and airy. Concierge available along with bellman/porter to help with luggage.
Basement parking (very steep gradient but manageable even in our tiny rented vehicle) with each room or apartment allocated its own parking space. Lifts as well as stairs to rooms.
We stayed on the north side of the resort and would highly reccomended this side as the south side gets very little sun (obviously). The apartments with their own poolside decks are on the south side only and unless you want to be in the shade all day don't book these (the entire time we were there no-one seemed to use their decks and sun loungers on the south side, they were empty all day and no-one else can use them as they are exclusively for those rooms and you can't get to them unless you swim there).
I would imagine that in peak season there would be a battle to attain a sun lounger as there aren't that many (maybe 20-25) and people seem to like "reserving" them by throwing a towel, hat, room key, anything at all really, very early in the morning then not returning to sit on them for hours.
People that complain in other reviews that the children are too noisy and disturbing are being ridiculous - its so relaxing by the pool even with the noise of kids having fun! (note I do not have children!)
Breakfast was the usual spread you would find at most resorts. I didn't have breakfast included in my stay so I paid $35 per person for breakfast. Expensive.
My rooms cost $730.00 per night. Yes, you read that correctly. $730.00 a night. You would think at that price I was staying at 5th Avenue in New York but its only Port Douglas!
The staff I came across were pleasant enough but nothing to rave about either. Nevertheless I don't go on holiday to meet good staff I go on holiday to relax in clean and beautifully surroundings and that's what I got here. I will return to Peppers because of this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club, Port Douglas combines beautifully appointed accommodation, luxury facilities and easy access to the magical Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest, making it the perfect holiday getaway.The resort is set amongst calming water features and lush gardens filled with tropical flowers and palms, creating a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. The resort offers beautifully appointed spa suites and one, two and three bedroom suites, some complete with private swim-up pool decks. All rooms feature free WIFI (up to 500MB) and free movies for all guests, air conditioning, alarm clock/radio, balcony, bathrobes, cable/pay TV, CD player, daily housekeeping service, direct dial telephone/data port/voice mail, hairdryer, in-room safe and iron and board. Kitchen facilities are available in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom suites includes dishwasher, stovetop/oven, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee/tea making facilities, cookware and tableware. Washer/dryer (available only in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments).The resort features a serene lagoon pool with sundeck and spa, fitness centre, concierge and tour desk making access to a range of exciting reef and rainforest experiences easy. If pampering is what you seek, a visit to the Exclusive Spa is a must or hire a bike and make your way to Four Mile Beach. In the evening there is an array of dining experiences awaiting you. The resort's signature restaurant, Sublime Bar & Grill serves some of the best cuisine you'll find in the region and uses the freshest ingredients to create a savoured contemporary Australian menu. The restaurant is located on the ground floor overlooking the stunning lagoon pool. Enjoy breakfast daily from 7.00am - 10.30am, lunch from 12pm - 4pm and dinner from 6.00pm - 8.30pm closed Thursday nights.The resort is the perfect base from which to experience all this amazing region has to offer. Port Douglas offers an abundance of exciting activities with the rainforest and the reef close by. Experience the Flames of the Forest live stage and dinner experience, welcome the day with a hot air balloon adventure, explore the Daintree World Heritage listed national park by 4WD and take a helicopter ride out over the Great Barrier Reef. Crocodile farms, Skyrail and white water rafting are just a few more adventures on offer.Combining a tranquil Tropical North Queensland setting with five-star resort facilities and professional service, this resort in the heart of Port Douglas is the perfect setting for your next getaway. A 2% surcharge applies to all credit card transactions at the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Hotel Port Douglas