We are a couple in our early 30’s and booked Peppers for a few of days of quiet relaxation at the end of our Queensland holiday. We didn’t realise (our mistake) that Peppers promote the Port Douglas Beach Club as one of their Family Escape destinations. This meant that the pool side area with sandy beach was pretty busy every day with children splashing, digging and playing. We thought it was a lovely resort and clearly a great place for families, just not quite what we were looking for!
The resort best bits
* The resort is well maintained, clean and tidy
* Lovely pool with sand beach on one edge
* Despite the number of children we saw during the day our room was pleasantly quiet in the evening, no crying babies!
* The resort is located very close to the centre of Port Douglas, only a 5 minute walk to restaurants, cafes and shops so no need for a car
* Friendly and helpful staff with tour desk next to reception
Things to keep in mind
* The hotel is located on a street corner and rooms either look inward to the pool or out to the street. We had an outward looking room which meant sitting on the balcony or in the spa bath was accompanied by general street noise (cars, trucks etc) and was not very private.
* Our room was quite dark and didn’t get a lot of natural light
Overall Peppers was just not quite what we were looking for but this was due to us not doing our research, in hindsight you couldn't ask for much more from a resort so close to the town centre. We stayed in a fantastic B&B out in Daintree village the night before and if you are looking for total quiet with stunning views (and don't mind driving) then we would recommend something like this more out of town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club, Port Douglas combines beautifully appointed accommodation, luxury facilities and easy access to the magical Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest, making it the perfect holiday getaway. The resort is set amongst calming water features and lush gardens filled with tropical flowers and palms, creating a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. The resort offers beautifully appointed spa suites and one, two and three bedroom suites, some complete with private swim-up pool decks. All rooms feature free WIFI (up to 500MB) and free movies for all guests, air conditioning, alarm clock/radio, balcony, bathrobes, cable/pay TV, CD player, daily housekeeping service, direct dial telephone/data port/voice mail, hairdryer, in-room safe and iron and board. Kitchen facilities are available in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom suites includes dishwasher, stovetop/oven, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee/tea making facilities, cookware and tableware. Washer/dryer (available only in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments). The resort features a serene lagoon pool with sundeck and spa, fitness centre, concierge and tour desk making access to a range of exciting reef and rainforest experiences easy. If pampering is what you seek, a visit to the Exclusive Spa is a must or hire a bike and make your way to Four Mile Beach. In the evening there is an array of dining experiences awaiting you. The resort's signature restaurant, Sublime Bar & Grill serves some of the best cuisine you'll find in the region and uses the freshest ingredients to create a savoured contemporary Australian menu. The restaurant is located on the ground floor overlooking the stunning lagoon pool. Enjoy breakfast daily from 7.00Am - 10.00Am, lunch from 12pm - 4pm and dinner from 6.00Pm - 8.30Pm. The resort is the perfect base from which to experience all this amazing region has to offer. Port Douglas offers an abundance of exciting activities with the rainforest and the reef close by. Experience the Flames of the Forest live stage and dinner experience, welcome the day with a hot air balloon adventure, explore the Daintree World Heritage listed national park by 4WD and take a helicopter ride out over the Great Barrier Reef. Crocodile farms, Skyrail and white water rafting are just a few more adventures on offer. Combining a tranquil Tropical North Queensland setting with five-star resort facilities and professional service, this resort in the heart of Port Douglas is the perfect setting for your next getaway. A 2% surcharge applies to all credit card transactions at the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Hotel Port Douglas