The girlfriend and I stayed here for a few nights while we got our dive tickets. The resort is very well laid out with a beautiful beach style pool in the middle with most the rooms overlooking it. The entrance into the resort is beautiful and feels very luxurious. The rooms are modern and tasteful. The rooms were services daily and were very well kept. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The location was very close to the Main Street and I would say it would be one of if not the best resort in port Douglas
That said there are some negative points to note.
The resort seemed to be advertised as a couples retreat. This is only somewhat true due to that our stay was coupled with the continuous noise of screaming children in the beach pool. What looks luxurious on arrival soon becomes the sandy inhabitants of children during daylight hours. If you have kids you'll love it. If you are looking for a romantic spot just be prepared for noise.
With this in mind the spa rooms are not able to be fully utilized. The spa baths are located on the balcony overlooking (and in full view of) the pool although there are blinds directly behind the spa if one was to stand up even slightly then they would still be in full view of the pool. The continuous sound of children mixed with the exceptionally loud spa bath pump and public nature of the spa meant that we did not use it extensively as we had hoped to due to that it was not very relaxing.
We tried room service one night ( during restaurant hours) it was very overpriced and very very poor quality.
Breakfast each day was included in our room price. Breakfast was exceptional. Fresh simple and well priced the hot breakfast options too were good and quality.
We had dinner at the restaurant once and this was the most disappointing dinner we have had out in FNQ to date. I will leave this review for the restaurant itself and not the resort.
Overall still a great spot. We will defiantly be staying here more often.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas Hotel
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Hotel Port Douglas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Peppers Beach Club, Port Douglas is situated on Davidson Street, just steps to the seemingly endless sands of Four Mile Beach. Beautifully appointed hotel rooms and suites, complete with private swim-up pool decks are certain to please even the most discriminating traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.