“Fantastic hotel and pool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas

Save Saved
You added Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas to your Saves list
Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   20-22 Davidson Street, Port Douglas, Queensland 4877, Australia (Formerly Outrigger Beach Club)   |
Ranked #17 of 46 hotels in Port Douglas
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel and pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed in a spa room which over looked the pool with our own spa bath. Room was luxurious and sand/ beach style pool was great. We ate in the hotel restaurant which overlooked the pool on our first night. Food was tapas style so small portions. We had the recommended number but were still hungry - very tasty but very very expensive and would not recommend eating here- much better restaurants elsewhere. Hotel in v close proximity to the beach and town so ideal location. Would definitely recommend a stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeremy N, General Manager at Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear KatLouise1985,

Thank you for your post regarding your recent stay with us.

Great to hear that you loved our rooms and our lagoon pool – both are pretty special with a big WOW factor.

Thank you for your candid comments regarding our restaurant, we have taken the feedback on board and gone back to the drawing board with our food concept. Please watch this space…
Your are spot we are so lucky to be this close to the beach only a block away and a 5 minute stroll into town.

Thank you again and we will look forward to welcoming you back to Peppers Beach Club.

562 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Galway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The charm of this hotel lies completely with the rooms and the pool. We had a room on the top floor with a lovely palm tree swaying outside the window. Rooms are large with ample space for luggage. Staff were very friendly and helped us book numerous tours including our taxi back to the airport. The only disappointment was the bug infested breakfast, would strongly recommend taking the short walk to Port Douglas town for a huge range of excellent breakfast options.

Room Tip: Opt for breakfast in town.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed for 1 week at Peppers. Enjoyed the 2 bedroom suite. The pool is very nice ( good temperature., sandy area for the kids). Great staff

BUT-- quite a few things that let the place down.
1. The breakfast is pathetic for a place that you pay $500/ night.
Couple of fruit juice options ( not fresh either). Few basic pastries. No 'real' bread variety options
'Canned like fruit' in a bowl to choose!
Sloppy tasting muesli

And then insulting me to pay extra $10 for few hot options!
2. In this technology age, does it really hurt the hotel business to offer free wifi ?( like a lot of 5 star hotels do , that change less per night then peppers? )

3 . The gym is really sub standard for a place like this. . One basic treadmill, one basic elliptical , etc

We enjoyed our stay despite these issues. We just waived our breakfast option ( we paid for) and ate in town at a few good joints ( origin coffee, the larder, bookstore coffee place )

Peppers, you really need to improve the breakfast you offer( the resort is very good otherwise)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel from a one off 24 hour sale on the peppers website. Stayed for three nights in an Eco spa suite with views of the pool. A bargain at $130 a night.

We arrived at 12pm and were welcome by very helpful staff at our front desk, it was great to hear that our room was ready early as we were quite tired.(6 am flight is something else..)

This place really is luxury, it's like an idyllic paradise, the pool is amazing and so large. Hotel was very quite, the week before Easter, I suppose.

All the extra little touches were really appreciated, and you could not get me out of the spa bath on the balcony. There was a king bed with a flat screen tv, this definitely didn't feel like a cheap room.

The room looked right out on to the lagoon a wonderful site. With the air con the room was always the perfect temperature.

The only thing I can fault the room on is that I could not get the fan to work in the bathroom! It got very steamy esp with the humidity. This coupled with the Eco room (no room service) made for some soggy towels!

It was not a big problem and didn't hinder our stay too much I new what Eco entailed when I booked. If I was staying longer however I would recommend book a room with service included.

The restaurant by the pool is divine and I really enjoyed dinner here! Something a little bit different but delicious, my boyfriend and I can't stop raving about it.

Loved my stay can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2013
Jeremy N, Manager at Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Hayler08mate,

Just a quick note to say thank you for the great feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
We agree, the pool area is quite extraordinary and being able to sit in Sublime Bar and Grill for
breakfast, lunch and dinner at pool level is just magical.

We cannot wait to welcome you back, make sure that you contact the resort direct to organsie your next stay.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here for our 10 year wedding anniversary and were very happy with the facilities and service. The staff were absolutely delightful, helpful and very informative about Port Douglas, its restaurants and main attractions. At the time of our stay, their restaurant was out of action and yet they still tried to provide gluten free meals for me for breakfast and lunch. Our room was clean and comfortable with a fantastic little terrace that faced the magnificant pool. The pool at Peppers is the real main attraction of this hotel. We spent most our days just lazing around the pool and floating on one of the many noodles provided. The pool is heated and has a great little sandy area for kids and is a brilliant alternative to the beach, which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. We walked each day and night into town, which is one of the reason we stayed here. This luxurious hotel is well placed to provide great service, local knowledge, access to the beach and quick walk to Macrossan Street with no need for a car. Thank you for a very special stay and great introduction to Port Douglas, we will be back with the kids!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeremy N, General Manager at Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Helen G,

Thank you for taking the time to post regarding your recent stay with us.

Firstly congratulations your 10th wedding anniversary! I hope that you got a little welcome gift.

We are lucky to be situated so close to the main street of Port Douglas and only one block back from the beach. I see that you took advantage of this and dined at some amazing restaurant in town. I only wish our restaurant was open during your stay so that you would have been able to experience our new menu.

I cannot wait to pass on your comments to the team RE “the staff were absolutely delightful”. I am sure that they will be as chuffed as I am to read your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back with the kids for your 11th wedding anniversary next year.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I want to say that I didn't actually stay here but I want to just complement the service the staff here provide.

My partner and I stayed at their competitors resort across the rd. We approached Peppers resort as we saw a tour bus stop out the front of Peppers and wanted to require about its services. The gentleman we approached (Glen I think) went over and above to help us organise a tour to the danitree rainforest. He actually advised not going on the bus and hiring our own car (so he wasn't even making and money out of his kindness). He furthermore went and got us a map and talked us through the best route to get there and where he recommends us to stop (his valuable local's knowledge).

I seriously can't thank him enought. I email the resort telling them this but didn't recieve a reply :(

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear MissMelissaLeigh,

I was delighted to read your comments regarding your experience with our concierge team member, thank you for taking the time to write your post.

I am happy to report that a senior member of management nominated Gavin for employee of the month after they witnessed this and I am proud to say that he won.

At Peppers “We are all about you” and our concierge team are very knowledgeable of all the great operators and amazing tours that are on offer.

You mentioned that you sent through an email – it never made it to me; happy for you to resend it directly to me jeremy.nordkamp@peppers.com.au.

If you are coming back up to Port Douglas make sure that you drop us a line.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I recently stayed at peppers for 8 nights and we loved it lagoon suite we stayed in was fantastic well maintained and clean. Beautiful pool and the resort is in a great position. The staff were very friendly and helpful with any request they were a credit to the hotel. We stay there each year and will be back next march. Would recommend. Thanks.

• Stayed March 2013
Hi Jeremy198200,

I wanted to drop you a quick line to say thank you for taking the time to post regarding your stay with us.

We have a great team here and I will make sure that I pass on your great feedback to them.

Reading your other reviews of Port Douglas, I would have to agree great Mexican at Tortillas Cocina Mexicana.

See you in March 2014

General Manager – Peppers Beach Club

Been to Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas? Share your experiences!