“Good place to stay , but $$” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas

Save Saved
You added Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas to your Saves list
Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   20-22 Davidson Street, Port Douglas, Queensland 4877, Australia (Formerly Outrigger Beach Club)   |
Ranked #17 of 46 hotels in Port Douglas
Melbourne, Australia
“Good place to stay , but $$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed for 1 week at Peppers. Enjoyed the 2 bedroom suite. The pool is very nice ( good temperature., sandy area for the kids). Great staff

BUT-- quite a few things that let the place down.
1. The breakfast is pathetic for a place that you pay $500/ night.
Couple of fruit juice options ( not fresh either). Few basic pastries. No 'real' bread variety options
'Canned like fruit' in a bowl to choose!
Sloppy tasting muesli

And then insulting me to pay extra $10 for few hot options!
2. In this technology age, does it really hurt the hotel business to offer free wifi ?( like a lot of 5 star hotels do , that change less per night then peppers? )

3 . The gym is really sub standard for a place like this. . One basic treadmill, one basic elliptical , etc

We enjoyed our stay despite these issues. We just waived our breakfast option ( we paid for) and ate in town at a few good joints ( origin coffee, the larder, bookstore coffee place )

Peppers, you really need to improve the breakfast you offer( the resort is very good otherwise)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

565 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel from a one off 24 hour sale on the peppers website. Stayed for three nights in an Eco spa suite with views of the pool. A bargain at $130 a night.

We arrived at 12pm and were welcome by very helpful staff at our front desk, it was great to hear that our room was ready early as we were quite tired.(6 am flight is something else..)

This place really is luxury, it's like an idyllic paradise, the pool is amazing and so large. Hotel was very quite, the week before Easter, I suppose.

All the extra little touches were really appreciated, and you could not get me out of the spa bath on the balcony. There was a king bed with a flat screen tv, this definitely didn't feel like a cheap room.

The room looked right out on to the lagoon a wonderful site. With the air con the room was always the perfect temperature.

The only thing I can fault the room on is that I could not get the fan to work in the bathroom! It got very steamy esp with the humidity. This coupled with the Eco room (no room service) made for some soggy towels!

It was not a big problem and didn't hinder our stay too much I new what Eco entailed when I booked. If I was staying longer however I would recommend book a room with service included.

The restaurant by the pool is divine and I really enjoyed dinner here! Something a little bit different but delicious, my boyfriend and I can't stop raving about it.

Loved my stay can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2013
Jeremy N, Manager at Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Hayler08mate,

Just a quick note to say thank you for the great feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
We agree, the pool area is quite extraordinary and being able to sit in Sublime Bar and Grill for
breakfast, lunch and dinner at pool level is just magical.

We cannot wait to welcome you back, make sure that you contact the resort direct to organsie your next stay.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here for our 10 year wedding anniversary and were very happy with the facilities and service. The staff were absolutely delightful, helpful and very informative about Port Douglas, its restaurants and main attractions. At the time of our stay, their restaurant was out of action and yet they still tried to provide gluten free meals for me for breakfast and lunch. Our room was clean and comfortable with a fantastic little terrace that faced the magnificant pool. The pool at Peppers is the real main attraction of this hotel. We spent most our days just lazing around the pool and floating on one of the many noodles provided. The pool is heated and has a great little sandy area for kids and is a brilliant alternative to the beach, which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. We walked each day and night into town, which is one of the reason we stayed here. This luxurious hotel is well placed to provide great service, local knowledge, access to the beach and quick walk to Macrossan Street with no need for a car. Thank you for a very special stay and great introduction to Port Douglas, we will be back with the kids!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeremy N, General Manager at Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Helen G,

Thank you for taking the time to post regarding your recent stay with us.

Firstly congratulations your 10th wedding anniversary! I hope that you got a little welcome gift.

We are lucky to be situated so close to the main street of Port Douglas and only one block back from the beach. I see that you took advantage of this and dined at some amazing restaurant in town. I only wish our restaurant was open during your stay so that you would have been able to experience our new menu.

I cannot wait to pass on your comments to the team RE “the staff were absolutely delightful”. I am sure that they will be as chuffed as I am to read your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back with the kids for your 11th wedding anniversary next year.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I want to say that I didn't actually stay here but I want to just complement the service the staff here provide.

My partner and I stayed at their competitors resort across the rd. We approached Peppers resort as we saw a tour bus stop out the front of Peppers and wanted to require about its services. The gentleman we approached (Glen I think) went over and above to help us organise a tour to the danitree rainforest. He actually advised not going on the bus and hiring our own car (so he wasn't even making and money out of his kindness). He furthermore went and got us a map and talked us through the best route to get there and where he recommends us to stop (his valuable local's knowledge).

I seriously can't thank him enought. I email the resort telling them this but didn't recieve a reply :(

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear MissMelissaLeigh,

I was delighted to read your comments regarding your experience with our concierge team member, thank you for taking the time to write your post.

I am happy to report that a senior member of management nominated Gavin for employee of the month after they witnessed this and I am proud to say that he won.

At Peppers “We are all about you” and our concierge team are very knowledgeable of all the great operators and amazing tours that are on offer.

You mentioned that you sent through an email – it never made it to me; happy for you to resend it directly to me jeremy.nordkamp@peppers.com.au.

If you are coming back up to Port Douglas make sure that you drop us a line.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I recently stayed at peppers for 8 nights and we loved it lagoon suite we stayed in was fantastic well maintained and clean. Beautiful pool and the resort is in a great position. The staff were very friendly and helpful with any request they were a credit to the hotel. We stay there each year and will be back next march. Would recommend. Thanks.

• Stayed March 2013
Hi Jeremy198200,

I wanted to drop you a quick line to say thank you for taking the time to post regarding your stay with us.

We have a great team here and I will make sure that I pass on your great feedback to them.

Reading your other reviews of Port Douglas, I would have to agree great Mexican at Tortillas Cocina Mexicana.

See you in March 2014

Cairns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is our second stay at Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas. The staff are always very welcoming and accommodating.

The rooms are great, the pool was wonderful, the cocktail of the Day a Champagne Julep delicious.

Being down season it was extraordinarily quiet and peaceful. I have been there in July Holiday and the pool was busy and loungers full however it was still relatively quiet for the number of guests.

classy78
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you want somewhere close to the main street, quiet enough to just sit by the pool and drink cocktails and amazing food then I would have to say this is the place to stay. The pool has it's own beach and you can swim up (near the bar) and order drinks & food etc. My advice would be to grab a bottle of vodka from the local shops and make them a little bit more lethal and and also save a bit on room service charges that can add up at $15-$18 each unless its the cocktail of the day @ $20 for two. Soft shell crab is some of the best i've ever had and the food at all the restaurants in Port Douglas was amazing. Having said that we could have gone to Mexico for longer and paid less with a all inclusive resort that I will always compare to any holiday I ever have for the rest of my life! Customer service by all the staff, concierge and at the cafe was very helpful and would question if $500 a night was worth it for the swim out room but after all you only have a honeymoon once :)

Dear classy78,

Congratulations on your recent wedding and thank you for allowing us to be part of your honeymoon.

I have to agree that the ‘Soft Shell Crab’ is pretty special and I do have a soft spot for it. We also agree that there are some amazing restaurants in town and with the main street only being a 5 minute walk away; it is perfect for our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back on your 1st wedding anniversary.

I look forward to passing your feedback on to the team

General Manager - Peppers Beach Club

Been to Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas? Share your experiences!