We stayed here for our honeymoon and loved it. We stayed in Penthouse 306 (pool view) and Penthouse 302 (road view). Both roooms were lovely for different reasons. The first room for its pool view and the second for its extra space.
The included buffet breakfast was awesome!!
We got our rooms at about 60% off the regular price so for us this resort stay was an absolute bargain.
Our only criticisms were;
- 306 needs to have the dishwasher cleaned. Most people are lazy and filthy when it comes to dishwashers (not scraping dishes properly or removing the filter) so maybe this needs to be added to a checklist for cleaning staff once a month.
- the reception and bookings staff need to training to bring them up to a 5-star standard. We booked through wotif (2 bookings 3hours apart both for 3 days each). It was on the eve of night 3 that I decided to contact reception to see if we would be moved. The woman said yes. I said you do realise we are still here for another 3 days, and she said yes but we're moving you. This piece of information probably would have been best delivered to us by the venue, not us (the guest) having to follow-up on the matter. Worst of all, in the morning, the receptionist told me that I should have booked directly with them to avoid this issue. Besides staff incompetence not being my problem, do these places understand that travellers use sites like wotif to get an understanding of a new area that they know very little about. Further, the manager said their system wasn't able to cross reference. To which I mentioned that we'd actually left detailed comments in our second booking.
- ordered breakfast - don't boil sausages. It tastes disgusting.
- wait staff - lazy. I watched the training leave old settings (which he assumed had not been used) on the table and set around them. Instead of the staff merely checking the names of guests to see if they have the breakfast bar included, the staff should walk guests to a table and remove any unused settings - if this your take on being environmentally friendly.
I'm hoping with the new manager that some of these process issues will be rectified. At the moment, I think this resort is more a four star establishment.
I noticed in other reviews people complaining about kids. We didn't find this to be an issue. I would suggest that people request out-ward faching rooms (i.e. those not facing the pool) if kids having fun is an issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club, Port Douglas combines beautifully appointed accommodation, luxury facilities and easy access to the magical Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest, making it the perfect holiday getaway. The resort is set amongst calming water features and lush gardens filled with tropical flowers and palms, creating a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. The resort offers beautifully appointed spa suites and one, two and three bedroom suites, some complete with private swim-up pool decks. All rooms feature free WIFI (up to 500MB) and free movies for all guests, air conditioning, alarm clock/radio, balcony, bathrobes, cable/pay TV, CD player, daily housekeeping service, direct dial telephone/data port/voice mail, hairdryer, in-room safe and iron and board. Kitchen facilities are available in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom suites includes dishwasher, stovetop/oven, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee/tea making facilities, cookware and tableware. Washer/dryer (available only in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments). The resort features a serene lagoon pool with sundeck and spa, fitness centre, concierge and tour desk making access to a range of exciting reef and rainforest experiences easy. If pampering is what you seek, a visit to the Exclusive Spa is a must or hire a bike and make your way to Four Mile Beach. In the evening there is an array of dining experiences awaiting you. The resort's signature restaurant, Sublime Bar & Grill serves some of the best cuisine you'll find in the region and uses the freshest ingredients to create a savoured contemporary Australian menu. The restaurant is located on the ground floor overlooking the stunning lagoon pool. Enjoy breakfast daily from 7.00Am - 10.00Am, lunch from 12pm - 4pm and dinner from 6.00Pm - 8.30Pm. The resort is the perfect base from which to experience all this amazing region has to offer. Port Douglas offers an abundance of exciting activities with the rainforest and the reef close by. Experience the Flames of the Forest live stage and dinner experience, welcome the day with a hot air balloon adventure, explore the Daintree World Heritage listed national park by 4WD and take a helicopter ride out over the Great Barrier Reef. Crocodile farms, Skyrail and white water rafting are just a few more adventures on offer. Combining a tranquil Tropical North Queensland setting with five-star resort facilities and professional service, this resort in the heart of Port Douglas is the perfect setting for your next getaway. A 2% surcharge applies to all credit card transactions at the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Hotel Port Douglas