We stayed here for our honeymoon and loved it. We stayed in Penthouse 306 (pool view) and Penthouse 302 (road view). Both roooms were lovely for different reasons. The first room for its pool view and the second for its extra space.
The included buffet breakfast was awesome!!
We got our rooms at about 60% off the regular price so for us this resort stay was an absolute bargain.
Our only criticisms were;
- 306 needs to have the dishwasher cleaned. Most people are lazy and filthy when it comes to dishwashers (not scraping dishes properly or removing the filter) so maybe this needs to be added to a checklist for cleaning staff once a month.
- the reception and bookings staff need to training to bring them up to a 5-star standard. We booked through wotif (2 bookings 3hours apart both for 3 days each). It was on the eve of night 3 that I decided to contact reception to see if we would be moved. The woman said yes. I said you do realise we are still here for another 3 days, and she said yes but we're moving you. This piece of information probably would have been best delivered to us by the venue, not us (the guest) having to follow-up on the matter. Worst of all, in the morning, the receptionist told me that I should have booked directly with them to avoid this issue. Besides staff incompetence not being my problem, do these places understand that travellers use sites like wotif to get an understanding of a new area that they know very little about. Further, the manager said their system wasn't able to cross reference. To which I mentioned that we'd actually left detailed comments in our second booking.
- ordered breakfast - don't boil sausages. It tastes disgusting.
- wait staff - lazy. I watched the training leave old settings (which he assumed had not been used) on the table and set around them. Instead of the staff merely checking the names of guests to see if they have the breakfast bar included, the staff should walk guests to a table and remove any unused settings - if this your take on being environmentally friendly.
I'm hoping with the new manager that some of these process issues will be rectified. At the moment, I think this resort is more a four star establishment.
I noticed in other reviews people complaining about kids. We didn't find this to be an issue. I would suggest that people request out-ward faching rooms (i.e. those not facing the pool) if kids having fun is an issue.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas Hotel
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Hotel Port Douglas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Peppers Beach Club, Port Douglas is situated on Davidson Street, just steps to the seemingly endless sands of Four Mile Beach. Beautifully appointed hotel rooms and suites, complete with private swim-up pool decks are certain to please even the most discriminating traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.