Our weekend getaway was great and this was the second time we'd stayed in a spa suite here on a gr8 special.
The resport staff were friendly and very helpful. However....why they would put a spa on the balcony in a private room and then not be able to screen it off to make it private???? Wearing swimmers really isnt the best way to enjoy a relaxing spa bath, especially in a private suite! The balcony & spa was in full view of the resort next door and the penthouse balcony above....not so relaxing as it felt a bit too exposed. Perhaps this would not have detracted so much if we were not anticipating full privacy as is the norm????
The room was very clean and the bathroom large and bright. However the lighting in the main room was poor with only bedside lamps providing lighting as there was no roof lights centr5al in teh room. This left us with really Insufficient lighting if you needed to use the single powerpoint for charging phones etc. We were also unable to screen the room for privacy during the day without closing the sliding timber doors. This left the room without any natural light and very dark so we had to have the sliding timber doors open and respign to letting the neighbouring resport look in!
The restaurant was lovely for both breaky and dinner and it was right on the pool. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. I thoroughly recommed the pork belly entree followed by the lamb shanks main... yum!!! Breaky was a good spread though they ran out of some of the main items on both mornings.
The pool is a visual delight however the pool loungers were quite insufficient to keep up with demand. It was unfortunate that several guests left belongings on them during the day even when they weren't using them, just so they could access one any time they wanted - perhaps the resort could consider ways to address this so everyone can get equal access??? The fine white sandy beach at the side of the pool was really lovely and made a nice change from the norm.
The resort is so close to the beach and walking distance to town so gr8 for a night out, shopping trip or hunt around the gr8 Port markets. We would definately book again..... but perhaps not in a spa suite?
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas Hotel
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Hotel Port Douglas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Peppers Beach Club, Port Douglas is situated on Davidson Street, just steps to the seemingly endless sands of Four Mile Beach. Beautifully appointed hotel rooms and suites, complete with private swim-up pool decks are certain to please even the most discriminating traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.