Very attractive setting close to the town centre.
We arrived on Christmas day straight from flying in from the UK. Were pleased to find IGA stores open en route from Cairns to buy basic provisions.
The room, though attractive and very modern, was severely lacking useful storage (one cupboard was kept locked - it was storage for the apartment owners). Peppers is not a hotel as such - as far as I now understand many of the rooms/apartments are privately owned and then let out to holiday-makers).
Also there was no lift to our floor . Not a major problem if you are able-bodied but a bit unexpected and sometimes an effort when carrying a lot of stuff after a day out.
Good breakfast but irritating that the restaurant was too small to accommodate many guests for dinner. When the heavens opened (and they did!) we tried booking an evening meal but wiyth the very limited capacity they were fully booked. We never did manage to eat there.
Wished we had booked an apartment rather than a spa room and then we would have had cooking facilities and more space.
The pool was beautiful and never overcrowded .
The staff except whoever answered the phone when I tried to book a meal were polite, helpful and friendly.
The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows.
All in all a good place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club, Port Douglas combines beautifully appointed accommodation, luxury facilities and easy access to the magical Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest, making it the perfect holiday getaway.The resort is set amongst calming water features and lush gardens filled with tropical flowers and palms, creating a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. The resort offers beautifully appointed spa suites and one, two and three bedroom suites, some complete with private swim-up pool decks. All rooms feature free WIFI (up to 500MB) and free movies for all guests, air conditioning, alarm clock/radio, balcony, bathrobes, cable/pay TV, CD player, daily housekeeping service, direct dial telephone/data port/voice mail, hairdryer, in-room safe and iron and board. Kitchen facilities are available in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom suites includes dishwasher, stovetop/oven, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee/tea making facilities, cookware and tableware. Washer/dryer (available only in 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments).The resort features a serene lagoon pool with sundeck and spa, fitness centre, concierge and tour desk making access to a range of exciting reef and rainforest experiences easy. If pampering is what you seek, a visit to the Exclusive Spa is a must or hire a bike and make your way to Four Mile Beach. In the evening there is an array of dining experiences awaiting you. The resort's signature restaurant, Sublime Bar & Grill serves some of the best cuisine you'll find in the region and uses the freshest ingredients to create a savoured contemporary Australian menu. The restaurant is located on the ground floor overlooking the stunning lagoon pool. Enjoy breakfast daily from 7.00am - 10.30am, lunch from 12pm - 4pm and dinner from 6.00pm - 8.30pm closed Thursday nights.The resort is the perfect base from which to experience all this amazing region has to offer. Port Douglas offers an abundance of exciting activities with the rainforest and the reef close by. Experience the Flames of the Forest live stage and dinner experience, welcome the day with a hot air balloon adventure, explore the Daintree World Heritage listed national park by 4WD and take a helicopter ride out over the Great Barrier Reef. Crocodile farms, Skyrail and white water rafting are just a few more adventures on offer.Combining a tranquil Tropical North Queensland setting with five-star resort facilities and professional service, this resort in the heart of Port Douglas is the perfect setting for your next getaway. A 2% surcharge applies to all credit card transactions at the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Hotel Port Douglas