We stayed 4 nights in a Studio Room, booked through "wotif"- mystery hotel" site.
Our room was clean and freshened up each day. Our outlook was a screened bambo privacy barrier, a bit disappointing, however we never stayed in during the days. Wish we had paid a little more and stayed in the swimout suites. We found the resort to be noisy & echoing, garbage trucks early morning & other peoples voices echoing, especially from the unit above us, we could hear nearly everything , one night they were very drunk, & the disturbance went on for hours, I was ready to complain the next night, but they had toned down somewhat, but it wasn't pleasant to hear the upstairs tenant being sick in their bathroom every morning!!. The breakfast deal was pay for one & get one free.($31) breakfast was somewhat disappointing as compared to many other places we've stayed.( We stopped over in Cairns the first night at the "Sebel" their breaky was fantastic & all inclusive, & accommodationg there was great too.) We had dinner at the resort x2 & we very much enjoyed our meals, a bit pricey, but all of Port Douglas restaurants were somewhat $pricey. Coffee/tea serving with breaky was very slow coming if not forgetful. The team on reception was very nice & polite.Although We nearly missed a booked tour, the girl on reception didn't come & get us (we were having breaky in the restaurant) when our tour driver turned up.I informed her we were waiting for the tour.
The tour operator left without us, We were told that they would pick up 750am. We sat down in the front foyer at 750 and there we sat until 820am (thinking the tour was running late)when I approached reception. I was informed that the operator had been, they looked for us in the restaurant, couldn't find us. However we sat there in front of their noses, & not once did they approach us ( especially the girl - who said she looked for us - work that one out!!)The tour operator was rung, the wife came got us in her car and drove us to Mossman Gorge to hook up with the tour. At this point I must mention the tour was great - "Tony's tropical tour" we had a great relaxing day after a rocky start.When we arrived back that evening our key cards wouldn't open our studio room, so we then hiked back to recepetion a good 10min walk, A different girl on recepetion questioned me & asked had we booked out??. Obviously NOT!! . She was very polite, rescanned our cards,apologised, however couldn't explain what had happened. (I wonder if the other girl who failed to call us for the tour, got her nose out of joint & did something to get back at us. Who knows??? We did reply to the resorts "stay survey" I mentioned this in the comment section somewhat 3-4 weeks ago, have had no repy!!
Overall our stay was nice enough, have been to better resorts, won't be in a hurry to return to Port Douglas, a good 30-40 minute drive on scenic, but somewhat dangerous stretch of road from Cairns. Suggest stay closer to Cairns & do day trips to Port Douglas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa is a five star resort located on Four Mile Beach, Tropical North Queensland - gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest. This spacious retreat features a range of Port Douglas accommodation styles, situated around one of the largest lagoon pools in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy modern Australian dining in AQUA Restaurant, an invigorating spa treatment in Vie Spa, or a tropical refreshment whilst taking in the spectacular views at the Pool Bar. At Pullman Resort Port Douglas, our friendly team can organise your tours and activities, from rainforest tours to Great Barrier Reef day trips. With the latest wireless technology, Pullman luxury accommodation in Port Douglas will keep you perfectly connected in room and throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Temple Resort And Spa Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort & Spa Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort Port Douglas