My wife and decided to stay 5 nights to relax before having our first child in December. Overall we thought the stay was ok, unfortunately there were a few things which could have been better. I don't quite understand the layout of the pool; there is a fabulous lofty, breezy entrance where the reception, restaurant and bar are located which looks out over the pool, however to get to your room you basically exit the place and walk around the entire complex on a paved driveway rather than on a path around the pool. On the first night I thought the bed had not been made properly and on examining in the morning the bottom sheet was not tucked in because it was way too short. Bare mattress on your feet where numerous others have had there's is not entirely what I look for in a five star resort. On leaving a note for housekeeping I thought the issue would be fixed. No. In fact I received the note back pointing out that my request could not be fulfilled because the sheet was too short. I was aware of this fact (obviously). The Pullman has very large labels on its mattresses which state that they are specially made for the resort. My humble suggestion is if you pay the money for the mattresses then buy sheets to match. I wasn't quite aware that such a thing as zip together king mattresses exist; interesting concept but not the most comfortable. Lastly the $5 lamp shade was quite obviously and extensively torn (possibly made from some form of paper substitute) however $5 was not spent to replace it. The housekeeping staff need to be educated as to how their wages get paid. Parking is unclear and we had issues getting our car out due to people parking in the driveways. Front office staff were great, spa was really good size, spa treatments were really good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa is a five star resort located on Four Mile Beach, Tropical North Queensland - gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest. This spacious retreat features a range of Port Douglas accommodation styles, situated around one of the largest lagoon pools in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy modern Australian dining in AQUA Restaurant, an invigorating spa treatment in Vie Spa, or a tropical refreshment whilst taking in the spectacular views at the Pool Bar. At Pullman Resort Port Douglas, our friendly team can organise your tours and activities, from rainforest tours to Great Barrier Reef day trips. With the latest wireless technology, Pullman luxury accommodation in Port Douglas will keep you perfectly connected in room and throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Temple Resort And Spa Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort & Spa Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort Port Douglas