i recently stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with private plunge pool with 2 other friends. the resort is nice but left us wondering how on earth it received its 5 star rating. the main pool is very nice and impressive when you walk into the resort. it is very big, looks clean and circumvents most of the hotel rooms around the resort that have a swim up option. however, the rooms itself are very simple with cheap fixtures and fittings. they are also not very well kept - our clean feet would be dirty after a few foot steps around the room which you would not expect just moments after checking into a 'clean' room. the accommodation in terms of design and decor is quite simple but i realise this is to compliment the tropical Queensland climate. we arrived late on friday night so the only dining option available was room service as the hotel restaurant, Aqua, stopped serving at 9.30pm. we ordered most of the items off the room service menu as it did not have a very exhaustive (or imaginative) list of food items to choose from. the food arrived quite promptly given the quantity of our order which was a nice surprise. however when the food arrived we were not impressed. the presentation of the food was very poor and what you would expect perhaps from a 24 hour road house diner on the side of a highway in the middle of nowhere, not at a luxury 5 star resort with prices to match. the chips and wedges were served in a floppy cardboard container, as were the stir fried vegetables and rice. the sauces were stacked in plastic containers one on top of each other similar to how you would find condiments at a fish and chips shop, and our cocktails that we ordered were served in paper milkshake containers with gimmicky palm tree clip art. the room service presentation was woeful, off putting, and disgraceful for a 5 star resort. the taste of the food was ok but we were starving and ready to eat anything at this stage. the chips were warm at best and soggy. the breakfast buffet is limited in choice and presentation very simple and lacklustre. since we were on holiday we decided to each order a bloody mary at breakfast but alas, the bar only opens at 10am (it was about 9.30am when we inquired about the cocktails). so we instead ordered an espresso each which we were later on charged over $4 each for and were not told it would be an extra cost outside the normal breakfast menu which was disappointing. we spent most of the day by the main pool ordering cocktails which were lovely, and then spent some time in our own pool. we ordered an ice bucket for our champagne and waited a long time for it (a whole bottles worth) before having to call them again to remind them to bring it in time for our next bottle. for a recently built, 5 star resort, it was not overly impressive and given its locality 5km out of town, it doesn't really give me a reason to revisit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa is a five star resort located on Four Mile Beach, Tropical North Queensland - gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest. This spacious retreat features a range of Port Douglas accommodation styles, situated around one of the largest lagoon pools in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy modern Australian dining in AQUA Restaurant, an invigorating spa treatment in Vie Spa, or a tropical refreshment whilst taking in the spectacular views at the Pool Bar. At Pullman Resort Port Douglas, our friendly team can organise your tours and activities, from rainforest tours to Great Barrier Reef day trips. With the latest wireless technology, Pullman luxury accommodation in Port Douglas will keep you perfectly connected in room and throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Temple Resort And Spa Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort & Spa Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort Port Douglas