First rate hotel. Beautiful grounds with its massive pool as the centerpiece. Many of the rooms back up to the pool which would be perfect if you were traveling with kids. The rooms were modern but with some definate negatives. First, the room was sparsely furnished. Not room for any furniture other than a small sitting table in the corner of the room. As with most of the New Zealand hotels we stayed the bed was a queen size which would not have been our first choice. Another problem was the glass enclosed bathroom. When the light was on in the bathroom it also illuminated the adjacent bedroom. Liked the shower and separate tub. The tub was so massive it took 15 minutes to even partially fill it. Still, the rooms had a very luxurious feel to them. The front desk was very helpful and booked us tickets to the Skyrail and Railway through the Kuranda Rainforest (a highlight of our trip). Our hotel rate for this tour was less than the internet advertised rate. Also thought that the breakfast buffets were first rate. Omelettes were available and were delicious. We also had dinner at the hotel one night and had one of the best meals of our three week trip. We both had the rack of lamb on the menu and it was perfectly prepared and a dining treat. The location was a bit from Port Douglas but there was a shuttle bus that ran about every 1/2 hour, though it was a bit pricey at $9 a person. There were many other very nice resorts closer to town and if you didn't have a car, like us, might be a better option. There were one or two pubs about a 15 minute walk away and the Rainforest Habitat was probably a twenty minute walk away (or $9 shuttle). I also appreciated the small store located next to reception where you buy sundries. Though I only gave Sea Temple a very good, I could have easily given it an excellent rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa is a five star resort located on Four Mile Beach, Tropical North Queensland - gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest. This spacious retreat features a range of Port Douglas accommodation styles, situated around one of the largest lagoon pools in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy modern Australian dining in AQUA Restaurant, an invigorating spa treatment in Vie Spa, or a tropical refreshment whilst taking in the spectacular views at the Pool Bar. At Pullman Resort Port Douglas, our friendly team can organise your tours and activities, from rainforest tours to Great Barrier Reef day trips. With the latest wireless technology, Pullman luxury accommodation in Port Douglas will keep you perfectly connected in room and throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Temple Resort & Spa Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort And Spa Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort Port Douglas