“Faultless!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Saltwater Luxury Apartments

You added Saltwater Luxury Apartments to your Saves list
Saltwater Luxury Apartments
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   30 Macrossan St, Port Douglas, Queensland 4877, Australia   |
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Port Douglas
London, United Kingdom
“Faultless!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

An absolutely lovely place to stay. We stayed here for four nights with friends in a two-bedroomed apartment (actually they gave us a three bedroomed one- bonus!) and it was wonderful. We had a dishwasher, washer/dryer, secure gated parking, fans and air con, an amazing master bedroom with spa bath, large living area, it all felt really new, clean and secure and everything worked perfectly. Would definitely stay there again. Oh, and there's a small pool with a communal barbecue too. Brilliant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Warac, Owner at Saltwater Luxury Apartments, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Many thanks for your great review.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Just come back today after spending 8 nights at Saltwater in a 2 bedroom apartment and I could not fault the place

The apartment was extremely clean and one of the cleanest I've stayed in. It had all the amenities we needed so we could stay in when our toddler was not up to dining out. It is also located in the main street of Port Douglas so shops and restaurants are easily accessible.

The gentleman who was at reception was fantastic and nothing was ever too much trouble for him. (I feel terrible as I didn't get his name!) I inquired with him about doing a boat trip to the Low Isles but he actually recommended a boat trip to Agincourt Reef instead as it was more suitable with a toddler this time of year as it's stinger season and they like to hang around the shallow water at the Low Isles. He booked and organized the whole trip and all we had to do was show up. We had a great time.

Because we stayed for more than 7 nights we had our apartment serviced halfway through our stay. They cleaner did a thorough job unlike some other places we have stayed at.

Yes, there are a few stairs to climb at Saltwater to get to your apartment but it is clearly sated on their website and I was informed also by Carolyne when I spoke to her over the phone before I arrived. I could also leave my pram in the undercover carpark behind a locked garage door so I didn't have to constantly lug it up the stairs which was great.

I would definitely recommend Saltwater Apartments to anyone who wants a hassle free holiday and wants to be close to all that Port Douglas has to offer.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank aussietravellers15
Many thanks for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor. We truly value your feedback.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been meaning to write this review for a month now. I stayed with some friends in January 2013. We had the 3 bedroom penthouse and it worked out great for everyone! The place was clean and had everything we needed. It's right on the main road so we could walk everywhere in town. John & Caroyln were the nicest. They arranged our transfers to and from the airport, as well as other various tours we ended up doing.
It was nice to have laundry in the unit too! The only down side is they don't have a lift in the building. We knew that in advance, but it's still a pain to lug all the luggage up. Other than that, not one thing to complain about. If we ever come back to Port Douglas, I would be sure to book here.
I have to mention, they are just honest, lovely people. I made a huge mistake and left my expensive camera in the van that took us to the airport. I didn't realize this until we reached Melbourne. John was able to reach the transport company and get the camera back for me. I was sick about not only losing the camera, but all my vacation photos. They arranged to get my camera back to me in Melbourne. I have to say, I can't imagine that ever would have happened in the US. I'm very thankful to have my camera and my photo's back! They really saved the trip for me! :-) Thanks so much!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Many thanks for your great review. We truly value your feedback.

Managers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

We had flight problems and needed help to pickup the children who would now arrive before us.... Carolyne was brilliant she organised everything for me, on one small phone call. Allowed them into the room to wait for us, safe and sound.

Our room was very clean and tidy, lovely facilities - as advertised!!!!!!

Highly recommend this nice, clean and comfortable accommodation, right in e middle of port douglas town, we will stay here again.

Leanne

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leanne T
Warac, Manager at Saltwater Luxury Apartments, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank your for your great review. It was a pleasure having you stay at Saltwater and enjoy all that Saltwater has to offer.
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Just back from a few weeks in Port Douglas and I am honestly glad we selected Saltwater Luxury Apartments to stay at. We were initially going to stay somewhat out of town (where a lot of resorts seem to be placed) but ended up selecting Saltwater, which is basically slap bang in the middle of town, therefore not requiring a car to get around everywhere, which was important to us.

It locations is close to the Great Barrier Reef departure points and very close to shops and restaurants. However at no time did it feel like we were staying in the center of town, e.g. no noise at all.

The apartment was great, we selected room number 10 from memory. And it was located on the second level overlooking the pool. The rooms are huge, the main room containing a huge double bed, spa, large bathroom and the place was spotless.

The owners are extremely helpful and upon our arrival they took the time to show us a lot things we could do in Port Douglas and the surrounding areas, but at no time did they feel like they were selling the place. Just very interested in ensuring we had a good time in AUS, even taking the time to guide us through a local map they had made of how to drive inland and back to Cairns.

I would definitely recommend the place for anyone heading to Port Douglas for any period of time and I am sure if back in Port Douglas again we would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nick P
Thankj you for your great review. It was a pleasure having you stay at Saltwater and enjoy the many attracvtions close by.
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our family had the pleasure of staying here for 5 nights in November. The apartment was clean, spacious, and well equipped. The location couldn't be beat and the staff were more than accommodating. This is now my third trip to Port Douglas and will be back at Saltwater the next time I'm in town.

In addition to the great service John & Carolyne provided, they even went the extra mile by mailing me two very important items I had forgotten in the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TylerTheTraveler84
Thanks you for your great review. It was a pleasure having you stay at Saltwater and to hear how much you enjoyed your stay.
Worcestershire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights in January this year as part of our tour of Australia. The apartments have an excellent location right in the centre making it very convenient for the restaurants and shops as well as the supermarket. The apartments are very spacious and clean. The service from the the managers on site was friendly, with a good local knowledge of trips etc.
We very much enjoyed our stay and would have no hesitation in staying there in the future if we visit this area of Australia again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Matt-Liz
Warac, Manager at Saltwater Luxury Apartments, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thanks for your great review. Lets hope you can return again soon.