Just back from a few weeks in Port Douglas and I am honestly glad we selected Saltwater Luxury Apartments to stay at. We were initially going to stay somewhat out of town (where a lot of resorts seem to be placed) but ended up selecting Saltwater, which is basically slap bang in the middle of town, therefore not requiring a car to get around everywhere, which was important to us.
It locations is close to the Great Barrier Reef departure points and very close to shops and restaurants. However at no time did it feel like we were staying in the center of town, e.g. no noise at all.
The apartment was great, we selected room number 10 from memory. And it was located on the second level overlooking the pool. The rooms are huge, the main room containing a huge double bed, spa, large bathroom and the place was spotless.
The owners are extremely helpful and upon our arrival they took the time to show us a lot things we could do in Port Douglas and the surrounding areas, but at no time did they feel like they were selling the place. Just very interested in ensuring we had a good time in AUS, even taking the time to guide us through a local map they had made of how to drive inland and back to Cairns.
I would definitely recommend the place for anyone heading to Port Douglas for any period of time and I am sure if back in Port Douglas again we would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- located in the heart of Port Douglas; easy walk to all restaurants, bars, the beach & shops. air conditioned luxury self contained apartments ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, Cheap Tickets and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Saltwater Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saltwater Luxury Apartments Hotel Port Douglas
- Saltwater Luxury Apartments Port Douglas