Yes, I agree with the other reviewers that it it is a good place to stay. John has been specially helpful and provided a personal touch and guidance in planning the trip.
It should be clearly considered as a convenient and comfortable place to stay - being close to facilities: supermarket, restaurants etc.
However, my personal viewpoint is that the "luxury" attribute perhaps is a bit misnomer. Also, one should be aware that there is no lift or elevator but one has to use stairs. I believe the management must have mentioned this on their website. If it is there, it appears to be not easily visible and should be made more visible -- as it could be an important issue for many.
I am not aware of the tarriff but I believe it would be same as some of the resorts which would be more luxurious than this. They would have more open space around, I imagine.
At the end, it depends on travellers what they are looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- located in the heart of Port Douglas; easy walk to all restaurants, bars, the beach & shops. air conditioned luxury self contained apartments ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Saltwater Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saltwater Luxury Apartments Hotel Port Douglas
- Saltwater Luxury Apartments Port Douglas