We enjoyed our stay at the Saltwater Apartments. A major plus is the excellent location: on the corner of Macrossan St, surrounded by cafes, restaurants and shops, and only a very short walk to the marina (from where the reef and Low Isles tours embark) as well as the beautiful seafront park, jetty and lookout.
The apartment itself was clean, comfortable and spacious, and also quiet given its central location. The pool is relatively small, but we had an enjoyable swim and the water was a perfect temperature for those who don't like it too cold!
On the negative side, be aware that this is a difficult property to access for those with mobility issues - there is no lift, and approximately 20 steps to climb from the first to the second floor.
Another possible concern may be the fact that in one of the bedrooms in our apartment, the bath and toilet area was open plan - fine if you're travelling with intimates, but perhaps not suitable for some. We did however have a second bathroom/toilet with a normal closing door - so it wasn't really an issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- located in the heart of Port Douglas; easy walk to all restaurants, bars, the beach & shops. air conditioned luxury self contained apartments ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Saltwater Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saltwater Luxury Apartments Hotel Port Douglas
- Saltwater Luxury Apartments Port Douglas