“Flavour explosion” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Melbourne, Australia
“Flavour explosion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I love eating. I love food with great flavours. I appreciate a restaurant with a chiiled atmosphere. I also like dining with my kids. So Rasa was able to meet me on every point.

The subtle flavours that the chef weaved into the food and the mixture of textures and colours made it a feast for the senses. With the large semi-outdoor seating area with just enough light to make it feel laid-back but still smart makes Rasa a really great place to eat. The staff were even kind enough to comp us an extra dessert - thanks guys, it was great.

My only gripe: the kids' fried rice was overly sweet and gluggy. But the whole family is still raving about the meal and I'm sure we'll come again.

Sydney, Australia
“Best food in Port Douglas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Having dined in several of the restaurants in PD I must say Rasa is by far the most memorable. From the delicious sliders to the slow cooked beef, flavours and texture were amazing. Service was friendly without being intrusive. Will definitely return.

Margaret River Region, Australia
“Asian Fusion at it's best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Dined at Rasa while on holidays with my partner and can't fault a single thing! The presentation of each course, the flavors and textures, the friendly and informative staff and the beautiful garden surroundings make this restaurant experience perfect in every way. Would definitely return!

Dunedin
“Service, flavours and atmosphere make Rasa a "Must visit".”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Dining at Rasa is always a treat and one that has yet to disappoint! The Beef Cheek and the Som Tum salad are delicious and I love hearing what inventive dish the chef has come up with for the fish of the day. Getting a table close to the pool gives such a relaxing and peaceful touch to our dinner. Rasa has quickly become one of our favorite places to dine in Port Douglas!

Dunedin, New Zealand
“Fabulous five course meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We dined as a family at Rasa and thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful dishes that were served for the five course degustation menu. Standouts were the pork belly and the chocolate brulee. The amuse bouche was a lovely start with pops of salmon caviar amongst the avocado soup. Chrissy, our waitress provided excellent, friendly service and made us feel welcome.
We enjoyed the experience so much we returned the next evening for dessert. Could be improved with the addition of a dessert wine to finish the meal.

• Visited June 2014