“Excellent for beginners and experienced divers.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 87 Activities in Port Douglas
Type: Adventure
Dublin, Ireland
7 attraction reviews
“Excellent for beginners and experienced divers.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I did an advanced open water course with Port Douglas Dive a couple of years back and from start to finish, it was thoroughly enjoyable.

I initially emailed a number of dive centres in Port Douglas and Gary from Port Douglas Dive made my choice very simple. He communicated well with me and provided everything I would need to complete my course as I would be visiting from the other side of the globe.

Everything went without a hitch. The boat, the facilities on board and the dive gear were second to none and the level of service from Gary and the crew on board made my diving fun and hassle free. Gary was able to teach me all the essentials in a manner that showed in he had many years experience in teaching and in dealing with divers of all skill levels. The variety of dives and the magnificent Barrier Reef were the icing on the cake.

Having seen some of the other dive boats and tours departing from Port Douglas with people shoved on like cattle only confirmed I had made the right choice. I cannot recommend Gary highly enough and the fact that we remain in touch to this day speaks volumes and should I be lucky enough to get back to Australia anu time soon, Port Douglas Dive will be top of my list to return to.

Visited November 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Never find anyone Better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Gary Ringuet took Very good care of our family on dive trips in Port Douglas. On Every one of our many trips he made sure that we were safe and protected. I enjoyed and marveled at the sights down under, and left the logistics with Gary, the professional. Going Diving is spending lots of time waiting for the next dive. You want a Gary with you not just for his knowledge and skill, but also for his great stories and his ability to talk with anyone on any subject. I have recommended Gary Ringuet to friends of mine looking for a dive on the Great Barrier Reef. I strongly recommend him to you!

Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Personal, professional diving at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

If you want to dive with 80 other people in a melee of fins, leaking masks and 30min dives, then Port Douglas Dive is not for you.

When diving the greatest marine park in the world, you want the best experience.

From the very first email, Gary was quick to reply, and very professional.

He picked us up from our hotel, provided the best quality gear, and took care of everything. His pricing is refreshingly honest and fair. Gary knows how to make your diving experience the best you'll find anywhere in FNQ.

Very few people know the Great Barrier Reef like Gary, and it shows. He has a keen eye for currents and conditions too, making each dive unique and very enjoyable.

He is also a great underwater photographer and provided high quality photos and HD video footage of our dives.

He also provided PADI training for myself and other divers on the trip in a safe, professional and timely way which didn't detract from diving the reef at all.

Visited July 2013
Silkeborg, Denmark
“Great fun and Easy Dive Instructions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure to be doing an AOW and Nitrox course at Port Douglas Dive. Gary handled the course and the dives at Great Barrier Reef to our outmost satisfaction. As well as he provided a lot of support at our stay in Port Douglas. We have recommended Gary to other friends and we will for sure be using his service if we come back to Port Douglas. 5 “dive fins” from us. Love Jarmila & Joergen

Visited February 2013