“Quirky, gorgeous, individual tropical retreat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pink Flamingo

You added Pink Flamingo to your Saves list
Pink Flamingo
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   115 Davidson St, Port Douglas, Queensland 4877, Australia   |
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Port Douglas
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Quirky, gorgeous, individual tropical retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This place is delightful. It has everything you need. The villa was tucked away with private garden and terrace area, and even provided with an outdoor shower and bath – although you'd have to brave the mosquitoes to make use of that. Lovely comfortable bed and relaxed 'nice feel' about the place. Great pool area and leisure facilities and all tucked away within 20 minutes walk of Port Douglas centre. The only downside is that all noises seem to carry a lot between villas, within the resort.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was just what we needed during our eventful trip to Australia. The Pink Flamingo is a little oasis. Andrea and Gigi are very warm and friendly. The hotel is very eco-friendly and has an 'earthy' feel. You can do your own laundry, cook your own food, lounge around in the pool and help yourself to the Honour Bar. We stayed in the Studio although we were offered an option to upgrade to a Villa. The Studio is comfortable for 2 adults.
The only issue we had was that you cannot make calls from your room,the manager has to connect you which gets difficult after 5pm when the office closes. As international travelers, we didnot have access to any other phones so we had to plan our calls accordingly.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently made arrangements to stay for a few days at the Pink Flamingo in Pt Douglas. From the moment I booked my room, the staff (Gigi and Andrea) were most kind, helpful and returned my email questions usually the same day.
On the day I flew from the states to Sydney, I found out that my friends had an emergency and I would be traveling alone. At first this was concerning to me, but I decided I was going to make the most of my trip!
I did upgrade fron the Garden Studio to a Villa the day before my arrival from Sydney and they took care of that immediately.
They also arranged my transportation to and from Cairns Airport and simply added it to my bill. The transport people were there for both pick ups on time so I had no time to worry.
My villa was exquisite! Gigi greeted me and pointed out all they had to offer which included brochures for things to do, delivery of food, transportation options, etc.
I took advantage of an in room massage that Gigi booked for me with less than 24 hours notice. The therapist was fantastic and gave me a deep tissue massage. She even brought her iPad and played some lovely music. After my massage I soaked in the gorgeous outdoor tub and just marveled at the scenery. I just could not get over the grounds, the birds and the colorful and welcoming interior of my spacious room.
It is off season so it was very quiet and I had the bar and pool to myself each night. You are on the honor system at the bar; if you take something, just mark it on the paper at the bar and it will be added to your bill at the end. The temps in February linger around 90F so the air conditioning was very welcomed! The nights cook down to about 75 and just perfect for an evening swim.
I left very early Sunday morning and Gigi just sent me the bill with an accounting of all the charges.
The room has a pretty complete kitchen with a full size refrigerator, a stove top, a microwave and things to cook and serve with. There was even a chilled drink and chilled water in the refrigerator. The bathroom had a beautiful tiled open shower that was quite large. Fits two people no problem. You will not be disappointed with the accommodations and the service! When you go, you must book a snorkeling trip on the reef!

Room Tip: Although there is no WiFi at your villa, it is available in the pool area. In the evenings I just wa...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

Relaxed and friendly vibe, very peaceful and it was great being able to take our two dogs with us :) Loved the colourful surroundings and outdoor bath. Good location too short cab ride from everything.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

I stayed here after a recommendation from a friend. The place was amazing, the villas were big, clean and cool. The pool was perfect for an afternoon dip. With the beach and the main centre of town not too far away this is the ideal place to stay in Port Douglas. I'm already looking forward to going back again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2015

We were greeted by the colourful decor upon arrival. we chose to pay $30 more to upgrade from studio to a villa since the studio was too small and felt crammed. In contrast, the villa was fairly comfortable. There was also a complimentary drink in the fridge (Bundeberg pink grapefruit) which was very thoughtful. There was plenty of free games and DVDs to borrow. The resort was very quiet and private and suitable for couples to stay. The reception was only available during business hours. Wifi was out of range for the villa we stayed at.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2015

What a beautiful place to relax and unwind. Great location with an easy stroll into town, the gardens are beautiful, the rooms fantastic, and the honour bar and pool area with BBQ & music is the best place to simply chill... Loved it and will definitely be back!!

• Stayed January 2015

Been to Pink Flamingo? Share your experiences!