“Highly Recommend Awseome Massage - Felt Like I Was Floating On Air” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Port Douglas Natural Therapies Centre and Spa

Port Douglas Natural Therapies Centre and Spa
6/12 Macrossan Street, Port Douglas, Queensland 4877, Australia
(07) 4099 5596
Website
Improve this listing
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Highly Recommend Awseome Massage - Felt Like I Was Floating On Air”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I must highly recommend going to The Port Douglas Natural Therapies Centre and Spa. My experience there was totally awesome.i was totally spoilt with a package of pampering for the morning. Firstly a wonderful facial and and a vishy spa treatment which was something i has never before experienced. it was wonderful and then to finish of with a Hot Stone Massage. this was like massaging melted chocolate smoothed all over.I felt like i was floating on air when i finished. it was so relaxing. I cant wait to get spoilt all over again next time we visit Port Douglas.

Visited November 2013

Coffs Harbour
“Hot Stone Massage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

On my last visit to Port Douglas I had a hot stone massage which I would like to add was absolutely fabulous. The therapist was highly trained in this modality and did a fantastic job, leaving me feeling very relaxed and pampered.

On previous visits to Port Douglas I have had a variety of treatments and have always found the treatments and staff highly professional and would highly recommend any of the treatments.

Visited November 2013
Daintree, Australia
“Would not recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I'm sorry to say but I was extremely disappointed with my visit here. I was given a gift voucher by a friend and chose a foot massage. My 'therapist' was male, and I really felt like he had no real training in massage therapy. The whole thing was very wishy washy, he barely massaged my feet or legs at all, I spent a lot of time with my feet wrapped in hot towels while he very gently touched 'points' on my head and shuffled crystals around on my body. There was no pressure work and his super light touch was more irritating than anything. The room was musty, the ceiling had mould on it, the towels were not spotlessly clean as I would expect from a spa, not to mention the walls are so thin you can hear everything that is going on outside the room, including the phone.In their brochure, my treatment is listed as being one hour, I was given 45 minutes.I left feeling like I had not had any kind of massage at all.I really think for the money they are charging they seriously need to improve their standard. I am a qualified massage therapist myself and would definately not recommend this place at all.

Visited March 2014
Sydney, Australia
“can't recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

can't really say much except my massage sucked. I highly doubt this dude louis has had any significant training, he didn't seem to have any understanding of anatomy or massage techniques to help you relax. he actually told me to relax at one point but was doing so much weird flicking of my skin and muscles I was tense as. then he really dug his finger nails into my neck! then whispers 'relax' in my ear? you have got to be kidding! I went in feeling not too bad (maybe a little worn out) and now I have got a bona fide sore neck. I really really recommend you don't go here, it was a massive waste of time and money.

Visited March 2014
Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Unprofessional”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is the first massage spa we visited and because it looks good from the outside, we decided to book 2 massage- 1 for me and 1 for my partner. We requested a shiatsu and female therepist.
We arrived as per schedule and the french guy said to us, that there is a little delay because they are busy and if my partner can have a male therapist, they can do us straight away. We said no and we will just walk away if no one is ready in the next couple of minutes. He said, it will only be 5 minutes- he gave us some tea ( even if we said no). After 30 minutes in the reception, they decided to let us wait in the couples room- took our clothes off and wait for another 30 minutes. We didn't feel right and decided to leave. We went to another place and had our massage done

Visited December 2013